Enwy

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hello ! Just join this forum, been lurking around for a month. Pulled the trigger last week. Theres an extra process here in malaysia, i had to undergo a home check to make sure my house electricity is compatible for the charger then only i can start proceed in ordering.

Im excited to discuss my build with my SA. The build im planning to go for is.

Taycan 4s
- Standard white colour ( planning to go for a wrap after. Save some $$ )
- red interior
- 20 inch wheels
- PDLS LED MATRIX
- Sport Chrono package
- PASM ( comes with the 4s )
- Porsche logo embroidered on my headrest
- Panoramic roof.

thats all.
additional im thinking of adding
- 14 way seats with memory package
- racetex steering

Any other stuff you guys think i should add ?

lastly, is there any SEA members here? Singaporeans or Malaysians ?
Did you guys buy from porsche or grey import ?
im a really impatient guy, am really planning to hop into the grey import, but im afraid of the warranty issues and also really wanted to have my own build.

would love to hear more opinion from you guys. Thanks
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Selamat datang, Pak! Consider adding the performance battery plus because there probably aren't too many charging stations where you live. And unless you're spending all of your time in the Genting Highlands looking at the clouds below you, consider adding the front ventilated seats as well as thermal and insulated glass. Semoga beruntung dan sampai jumpa lagi!

(PS maaf tapi sekarang saya datang di AS.)

Last edited:

kanthai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello from Thailand!

My Taycan 4S is grey imported as I am a patient guy but not THAT patient. The delivery time when I want to get one from the authorized dealer is more than a year, as of now I heard almost 2 years!

As for warranty, I got 2 years on the car, 5 years on the HV battery. Not bad for a grey import. They also has a contract with a well-known independent Porsche mechanic to service my Taycan if needed.

So far the only issue I got was the AC pressure sensor broke, twice. Was told it is a common issue with Porsche. They just change them for me without issue.

In Thailand we did not have Porsche connected services available, so I did not miss anything when buying from a grey importer. I even have the smart lift function on my car that is not available on the dealer car!
I agree with @TXAG, the ventilated seat and thermal glass is a must for our weather and dont get the pano roof. Even with the darkest vkool tint and thermal glass, my head was warm when driving at noon.

I dont know about where you live but in Bangkok we have a tight parking garage and rear axle steering help a ton in maneuvering such a big car (it's wider than BMW 7series or Alphard) in and out of parking garage.

Hope you got the one you want ASAP!

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Congrats! I'll be retiring to Malaysia this fall, and I'll have to sell my car before then, so I'll be eyeballing any Taycans there with envy!

OP
OP

Enwy

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Selamat datang, Pak! Consider adding the performance battery plus because there probably aren't too many charging stations where you live. And unless you're spending all of your time in the Genting Highlands looking at the clouds below you, consider adding the front ventilated seats as well as thermal and insulated glass. Semoga beruntung dan sampai jumpa lagi!

(PS maaf tapi sekarang saya datang di AS.)
wont be having lots of long drives, so that extra battery aint worth it for me. And the Porsche dealership is just 20 mins drive away, most probably going to charge there most of the time since its free. 😆. Not really sure about the insulated glass tho, I’ve sat on the one without and the one with it. It doesnt makes much difference, as for the heat, i can get it with a tinted film and its much much more cheaper.

OP
OP

Enwy

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hello from Thailand!

My Taycan 4S is grey imported as I am a patient guy but not THAT patient. The delivery time when I want to get one from the authorized dealer is more than a year, as of now I heard almost 2 years!

As for warranty, I got 2 years on the car, 5 years on the HV battery. Not bad for a grey import. They also has a contract with a well-known independent Porsche mechanic to service my Taycan if needed.

So far the only issue I got was the AC pressure sensor broke, twice. Was told it is a common issue with Porsche. They just change them for me without issue.

In Thailand we did not have Porsche connected services available, so I did not miss anything when buying from a grey importer. I even have the smart lift function on my car that is not available on the dealer car!
I agree with @TXAG, the ventilated seat and thermal glass is a must for our weather and dont get the pano roof. Even with the darkest vkool tint and thermal glass, my head was warm when driving at noon.

I dont know about where you live but in Bangkok we have a tight parking garage and rear axle steering help a ton in maneuvering such a big car (it's wider than BMW 7series or Alphard) in and out of parking garage.

Hope you got the one you want ASAP!
Nice ! Good to hear that, im thinking of buying a grey import one tho. Gotta check with my porsche dealer about the warranty stuff, i hope they give warranty to grey imported cars as well. Really love the panoramic roof, but what you said is correct too. Might be too hot 😆 might opp for the rear axle steering. Seems like a good choice. Thanks man

OP
OP

Enwy

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Congrats! I'll be retiring to Malaysia this fall, and I'll have to sell my car before then, so I'll be eyeballing any Taycans there with envy!
Welcome to malaysia ! Are you going yo get a taycan when you’re in Malaysia ?

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag
Hello ! Just join this forum, been lurking around for a month. Pulled the trigger last week. Theres an extra process here in malaysia, i had to undergo a home check to make sure my house electricity is compatible for the charger then only i can start proceed in ordering.

Im excited to discuss my build with my SA. The build im planning to go for is.

Taycan 4s
- Standard white colour ( planning to go for a wrap after. Save some $$ )
- red interior
- 20 inch wheels
- PDLS LED MATRIX
- Sport Chrono package
- PASM ( comes with the 4s )
- Porsche logo embroidered on my headrest
- Panoramic roof.

thats all.
additional im thinking of adding
- 14 way seats with memory package
- racetex steering

Any other stuff you guys think i should add ?

lastly, is there any SEA members here? Singaporeans or Malaysians ?
Did you guys buy from porsche or grey import ?
im a really impatient guy, am really planning to hop into the grey import, but im afraid of the warranty issues and also really wanted to have my own build.

would love to hear more opinion from you guys. Thanks
How about Head up display. I had it on my BMW I8 - It is very useful.

Also think about adding solar panels onto your roof (if you have not already done so!)
I ordered the Tycan GTS, is still waiting to board the ship at the Emden Germany.
I also got the 14 way seats with Massage option.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How about Head up display. I had it on my BMW I8 - It is very useful.

Also think about adding solar panels onto your roof (if you have not already done so!)
I ordered the Tycan GTS, is still waiting to board the ship at the Emden Germany.
I also got the 14 way seats with Massage option.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You picked up good options.

As for the grey market imports!
There's a company from Philippines which ships autos from UK and USA.
In the case of Malaysia you will need the right hand drive version.
They even ship Teslas to Sri-Lanka from UK.

Hilmy Othman

First Name
Hilmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Hai all. I’m based in Malaysia. I have this question. Noticed a few grey import units selling in Malaysia. My question is can we send the car to the dealer in Malaysia or we on our own incase or issues or maintenance. Anyone else can support Taycan in Malaysia.
Thank you.

wmtan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (on order), Q5, Cooper Convertible
Country flag
Hello fellow SE Asia taycan owners.

Am from Singapore and currently waiting for delivery of my Taycan in the second half of the year.

Cheers.

Cyt33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera
Country flag
Nice ! Good to hear that, im thinking of buying a grey import one tho. Gotta check with my porsche dealer about the warranty stuff, i hope they give warranty to grey imported cars as well. Really love the panoramic roof, but what you said is correct too. Might be too hot 😆 might opp for the rear axle steering. Seems like a good choice. Thanks man
Hi guess you must have been owning a Taycan by now? How have you been getting on with the maintenance of the battery/software updates etc? The waiting period of new from dealership is killing me so seriously considering a grey import one.

OP
OP

Enwy

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi guess you must have been owning a Taycan by now? How have you been getting on with the maintenance of the battery/software updates etc? The waiting period of new from dealership is killing me so seriously considering a grey import one.
yeap, gotten my taycan for 10
Months already. So far so good, there isnt any major services to this car, in fact most EVs dont have service as well. So there isnt much to worry about. As for updates, mine usually just update it OTA. If its major, then i gotta find someone to do it instead of authorised porsche centres. My batteries are good as well.
as long u have someone who can service tesla, they usually can service any EV if there is an problem. Haha.

Cyt33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera
Country flag
yeap, gotten my taycan for 10
Months already. So far so good, there isnt any major services to this car, in fact most EVs dont have service as well. So there isnt much to worry about. As for updates, mine usually just update it OTA. If its major, then i gotta find someone to do it instead of authorised porsche centres. My batteries are good as well.
as long u have someone who can service tesla, they usually can service any EV if there is an problem. Haha.
Do u mind giving out a few reliable workshop names here? Interested to know if they are actually capable to maintain a Taycan. And is yours covered under 3rd party warranty? Are they any good
Sponsored