RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
As a previous 911 Carrera S owner, I went with the Taycan RWD vs 4S. Sure, it was great having all the power in the 911, but in practical use I was hardly ever able to truly open it up and experience all the power. I felt I would probably experience the same if I got the Taycan 4S. Plus, the RWD felt plenty powerful to me, so I spent the extra money on options.

I am planning to get winter tires, which is what I did for the 911 and it worked out great. Never had a problem driving in the winter/snow with RWD only.
Sponsored

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
As a previous 911 Carrera S owner, I went with the Taycan RWD vs 4S. Sure, it was great having all the power in the 911, but in practical use I was hardly ever able to truly open it up and experience all the power. I felt I would probably experience the same if I got the Taycan 4S. Plus, the RWD felt plenty powerful to me, so I spent the extra money on options.

I am planning to get winter tires, which is what I did for the 911 and it worked out great. Never had a problem driving in the winter/snow with RWD only.
I know this is off very topic, but where the hell do you charge in Rehoboth? I can't seem to locate a single charger above 120kw on the entire DelMarVA peninsula (Wilmington being the exception). Asking because I'm driving to OCMD next weekend. My plan was to just stop in Wilmington and then charge overnight when I get to OCMD.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think it's really lucky that we get to choose the actual model we want.

And guess what... We also get to choose the options to suit our lifestyles and budget!

Amazing!

Thankfully we don't all have to wear Chairman Mao suits or drive a Trabant.

I do struggle a bit on forums where people are convinced their stance is right and all others are all wrong.
It's what teenagers do on mobile phone forums.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I know this is off very topic, but where the hell do you charge in Rehoboth? I can't seem to locate a single charger above 120kw on the entire DelMarVA peninsula (Wilmington being the exception). Asking because I'm driving to OCMD next weekend. My plan was to just stop in Wilmington and then charge overnight when I get to OCMD.
FWIW: the EA chargers in wilmington were wonky and it was the most crowded EA sites I have visited. I believe there are L3 chargers in ocean city. do you have plugshare?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DACSarasota

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just reading back through this post and it appears that 12-13 RWD owners do not regret their decision.

2 RWD owners seems happy but "felt more performance would be nice" and would have liked the 4S for better "launch control/speed". A few 4S owners also expressed their views why 4S is better but don't appear to have "lived" with the RWD. Seems the primary concern between RWD and 4S is the 4S "may" have better resale value and is faster in 0-60.

Based on used RWD prices I am currently seeing (almost MSRP with no tax credit) and the fact I plan to own this car for a very long time, I am feeling much better I am going with right decision to go with RWD. Sure it would be fun to impress folks with a fast launch, but I am mostly on roads that are 45mph. So I just don't think the novelty is probably worth it.

Thank you all! This is such an awesome forum.

Still welcome any further thoughts.

RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I charge at home, so it’s really not a problem for me. But, agree that Rehoboth needs some love on the charger front. We have two Tesla supercharging stations, but zero 50kWh+ chargers for non-Tesla. There are plenty under 50kWh. I have used the 50kWh in Milford at Royal Farms, but that probably doesn’t help you much. Good luck!

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Great video from Nick Murray on the RWD Taycan that solidified my decision to go with the base model, though I did get the PBP option.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Great video from Nick Murray on the RWD Taycan that solidified my decision to go with the base model, though I did get the PBP option.

This is what made me spring for the RWD with PBP.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FWIW: the EA chargers in wilmington were wonky and it was the most crowded EA sites I have visited. I believe there are L3 chargers in ocean city. do you have plugshare?
Yeah, I use Plugshare pretty religiously. I could stop at the 50kw chargers in Dover or Milford and there is a 50kw charger once I get to OC (plus a few L2 chargers). Just strikes me as a huge dead-zone for the East Coast, where we're pretty lucky to have as many 350kw chargers as we do.

Back to the regularly scheduled bickering about RWD vs. 4S. ;) Sorry to hijack.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I charge at home, so it’s really not a problem for me. But, agree that Rehoboth needs some love on the charger front. We have two Tesla supercharging stations, but zero 50kWh+ chargers for non-Tesla. There are plenty under 50kWh. I have used the 50kWh in Milford at Royal Farms, but that probably doesn’t help you much. Good luck!
Perfect, I'll leave my car at your house overnight :)

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag

I sold my 997 911 S the other day and nearly cried when the new owner drove it away! Had that car for 12 years and counting on the RWD Taycan to restore me!

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
You should move to Switzerland. The Ionity 350kWh chargers work flawlessly ?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
You should move to Switzerland. The Ionity 350kWh chargers work flawlessly ?
I wish the EA folks would do whatever it is that their cousins at Ionity are doing, because here in the US their network is quite flawed. at this point in life such a radical move is not likely. anyway I prefer the weather in spain, it is more florida like than switzerland

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
I had ordered a CT4 but drove a well spec'd CPO 4S on Saturday when we stopped by the dealership, I took delivery of the 4S on Monday. The extra power is immediately apparent and the 12 year old in me loves that but the real deciding factor in my case was the deal on a very well spec'd car. I think you will be very happy with either one apart from the backup camera :CWL:.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
I wish the EA folks would do whatever it is that their cousins at Ionity are doing, because here in the US their network is quite flawed. at this point in life such a radical move is not likely. anyway I prefer the weather in spain, it is more florida like than switzerland
Perhaps it's regional with EA. I'm in the Atlanta area. Since I got my Taycan in late June, I'm still at 100% success with Plug and Charge in 14 sessions at 5 different EA locations.
Sponsored