tcara

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 2021 4S that I daly drive. I charge to 85% and get 180 miles at 100% I get 223 miles. I drive on average 60 miles a day at an average speed of 85. I don’t use the are and early ever running the heat on or in rudeness the battery. Currently live in Florida where it’s been on average in the 80’s.

I should not have to charge every other day and it’s getting to the point I can’t take it on long drives as it’s difficult to find charging stations within 200 miles of my locations.

something is not right and when ask the dealer they state it’s just driving habits. Most of the time I drive like an old man worried I will not have to rage to get to where o want and don’t want to have to stop to charge.

Thoughts?

Porsche Taycan Any way to check the battery life? IMG_8893
Sponsored

Btf49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
3.8Mi/KW is pretty good! my avg is 3.4, which means you're getting at least 3.8 miles for every KWH used?I Think

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I have a 2021 4S that I daly drive. I charge to 85% and get 180 miles at 100% I get 223 miles. I drive on average 60 miles a day at an average speed of 85. I don’t use the are and early ever running the heat on or in rudeness the battery. Currently live in Florida where it’s been on average in the 80’s.

I should not have to charge every other day and it’s getting to the point I can’t take it on long drives as it’s difficult to find charging stations within 200 miles of my locations.

something is not right and when ask the dealer they state it’s just driving habits. Most of the time I drive like an old man worried I will not have to rage to get to where o want and don’t want to have to stop to charge.

Thoughts?

IMG_8893.png
The key fact is this: you say that you commute at an average speed of 85mph. At that speed, your range seems to be pretty darn good.

I couldn't find a Taycan graph, but below is a graph of range versus driving speed for the Tesla Model S. The graph shows that the P85D model has a hypothetical range of 450 miles if driven at a constant 40mph versus 200 miles if driven at 85mph. Additionally, how "smoothly" you drive impacts range, especially at high speed. Check your miles per kwh driving yourself versus using cruise control.

Porsche Taycan Any way to check the battery life? 1683866409750

OP
OP

tcara

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you, I do understand I am getting good mileage per KHW. IN my opinion I should be yielding out more miles per full charge.

To be more precise; is their a way to check the battery to ensure it is charging correctly of id I have had an loss over the years. I do know with other cars you can review the battery life.

One would think with how i drive and the miles i am getting I should see 250 miles on a full charge until i turn the air or other items on. I am finding it difficult to take that car on long drives as I can not make it from charging station to station due to them being about 200 miles of one another.
Sponsored