Anybody else spec 14-way massage and ventilated seats for their GTS?

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
I had been reluctant to do so, but I just asked my SA to go ahead and make this change on my GTS order, and it's now done.

It feels so wrong though. What have I done!?! I feel like I just murdered some endangered species of baby animals.

I do like and use the massage function in our Audis so I figured it'd be nice to have it in the GTS, plus the 14-way's stitch pattern would now actually match the 2+1 rear seats' stitch pattern. But it just feels so wrong to further de-GTS a GTS after I've already taken out the race-tex in favor of leather. :)
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Spec the car the way you want. Don’t worry about if you’re “de-GTS’ing” it. But I understand how you feel. I’m spec’ing a 992 GTS and am reluctant to get the RaceTex (I wish SportTex was an option). Ultimately, make the car your own and get the options that make you happy.

FWIW, my wife loves the 14way w/massage on our Taycan. I’m indifferent (probably would have preferred 18-way).

mrriky

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I don't have the GTS, but I do have the massage seats. They are a big hit with the family, the kids argue to sit in front.

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
I completely agree with @Jhenson29 that you should spec the car that you want. It's your car, you're going to cumulatively spend days of your life in it, you should get what is going to make you happy, and make it uniquely yours.

While race-tex is unique to the GTS trim, that is not what makes a GTS. For me, it's about the exterior design accents/elements. And the exterior color doesn't have to be Carmine Red.

I dropped the race-tex seats in my own GTS build (PNZNLBR4 in case you're curious).

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Yes, I ordered the 14 way seats with massage for my GTS sedan also.

Had a disappointing call from my dealer today. Ordered Taycan GTS in November. Build confirmed PNSGX3X8 and deposit placed December 12, 2021 for March allocation. Delivery scheduled for May 19, 2022.

Called today to inform me that the car started construction on April 10 but production has now stopped due to unavailability of certain parts, notably wiring harness. New delivery date in Dallas scheduled for June 24, 2022.

Oh well........
Sponsored