Anybody else taking advantage of the exchange rates for winter rim/tire sets?

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I pulled the trigger on Porsche OEM Taycan 21 inch rims with winter tires for 5,629 Euros, which is about 1 to 1 right now. Seemed like a pretty good deal. I almost went with 19 or 20 inch rim for range reasons and the fact that you don't have to be as careful to curb the rims, but I just like these OEM rims too much.

Porsche Taycan Anybody else taking advantage of the exchange rates for winter rim/tire sets? Taycan Rims
Sponsored

iampgc

First Name
Pallo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Where did you order to take advantage of the pricing? Thanks!

Mathys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 X3 30e
Country flag
Michelin 21” tires right? I wonder if they are NFO.
If so, time to certify the new Pilot Sport EV for summer!

OP
OP
TDinDC

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Michelin 21” tires right? I wonder if they are NFO.
If so, time to certify the new Pilot Sport EV for summer!
Yes indeed, and they just arrived. One note for US buyers, I did pay 900 shipping and 200 customs. I’m not associated with the seller but don’t want to violate rules of the forum. Message me if you are interested but it is CW.

Porsche Taycan Anybody else taking advantage of the exchange rates for winter rim/tire sets? 58F8C444-6FBF-467C-A033-B7CA01E9CBAB

Last edited:
OP
OP
TDinDC

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not NF0 but great brand and extra load rated. I’m not sweating this

Porsche Taycan Anybody else taking advantage of the exchange rates for winter rim/tire sets? CD052974-750B-4E09-B8D4-62960E42F322

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Interesting idea, is it worth buying from the UK given GBP woes?

Lofty

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Disco 5, Defender V8
Country flag
I have always wondered about the NFO stamp and made sure when changing tyres they have this on them - could the dealer void a warranty with a suspension issue or similar if we drive the car without the NFO as I also want to try the pilot sport EV but stuck with the traditional pilot sport 4 as it’s all I could get hold of the with NFO.

OP
OP
TDinDC

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have always wondered about the NFO stamp and made sure when changing tyres they have this on them - could the dealer void a warranty with a suspension issue or similar if we drive the car without the NFO as I also want to try the pilot sport EV but stuck with the traditional pilot sport 4 as it’s all I could get hold of the with NFO.
That would be unlawful in the US. I'm not sure about in the UK.

Interesting to note that the ratings for these winters are identical to the ratings for the summers that came on the car (Goodyear F1 3) except that the summers have an A wet rating.

Lofty

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Disco 5, Defender V8
Country flag
That would be unlawful in the US. I'm not sure about in the UK.

Interesting to note that the ratings for these winters are identical to the ratings for the summers that came on the car (Goodyear F1 3) except that the summers have an A wet rating.
I didn’t realise its unlawful in the US, interested to hear about the UK now, I have noticed at service it’s always added to the paperwork that they have NFO.

I do love the alpine tyres I had a set of the alpine 4s on my M4 CP fitted over the end of autumn through to march and they make the car fully useable throughout the winter and was never concerned for my meetings in Inverness. Always entertaining driving around 4x4s on summer rubber with a rear wheel drive car in light snow!

Last edited:

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Nice wheels, but for winters it's better to lean towards a smaller diameter wheel. At least around here, with the pot holes, I'd be worried about bending a wheel. A smaller diameter wheel will actually give you better traction with snow tires.

OP
OP
TDinDC

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice wheels, but for winters it's better to lean towards a smaller diameter wheel. At least around here, with the pot holes, I'd be worried about bending a wheel. A smaller diameter wheel will actually give you better traction with snow tires.
I’m in DC! The secret to surviving potholes is keeping sufficient tire pressure. I’ve had 21” and 22” rims on cars for the past two decades in DC and have never bent a rim. I always get snow tires but, honestly, it’s mostly for the rubber compound as you can’t get enough heat in summer tires below 40 degrees. These will be fine for the amount of snow we get around here and I just couldn’t bring myself to get 20s or 19s since I just didn’t like the rims available.

OP
OP
TDinDC

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I pulled the trigger on Porsche OEM Taycan 21 inch rims with winter tires for 5,629 Euros, which is about 1 to 1 right now. Seemed like a pretty good deal. I almost went with 19 or 20 inch rim for range reasons and the fact that you don't have to be as careful to curb the rims, but I just like these OEM rims too much.

Taycan Rims.jpeg
I agree, these are by a comfortable margin my favourite Taycan wheels and one of the reasons I stuck to a CT when the ST came out ;).
OTOH here in the UK none of the Porsche winter tyre sets are on these wheels, they are all 20” winter tyres except one set on the 19” wheels I dislike.

Narrower wheels are better for aquaplaning and snow so if it wasn’t for the ugly 19” wheel they would have been my choice for winter tyres.

OP
OP
TDinDC

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was moving the tires/rims and had a good chance to shoot a comparison pic, which might be helpful for those trying to choose between these rims

Porsche Taycan Anybody else taking advantage of the exchange rates for winter rim/tire sets? 4399AE26-BF28-4911-853C-2F8DA1337717

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
They both look nice, but the Taycan Exclusive Design Wheels with the 5 blades definitely look easier to clean.
Sponsored