Anyone buy the Porsche travel tool kit?

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
I'm considering to purchase the travel toolset from Porsche. I realize it's pretty overpriced for some wrenches with the word Porsche on them, but maybe it's worth it to some. Anyone here bought them? Really looking for advice from someone who is comfortable wrenching on their cars. I'd likely use this in emergencies on the taycan and my other vehicles. It appears to be quite a nicely packaged travel set to take on the road.

Tool set | PORSCHE SHOP
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Better to find a similar set on Amazon. Or could always make your own.

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
I have an original 1969 911 tool kit for my 911. More esthetics really. Although the spark plug tool works better than any aftermarket. Lots of early 911 specifc tools are needed. I'd not bother with my Taycan. Its not the same for me. Like it's been said a generic emergency tool pouch off Amazon in the storage pocket in the boot (trunk) is probably more worth while.

If its for pure brand esthetics then yes. For practical use Amazon better value.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I'm considering to purchase the travel toolset from Porsche. I realize it's pretty overpriced for some wrenches with the word Porsche on them, but maybe it's worth it to some. Anyone here bought them? Really looking for advice from someone who is comfortable wrenching on their cars. I'd likely use this in emergencies on the taycan and my other vehicles. It appears to be quite a nicely packaged travel set to take on the road.

Tool set | PORSCHE SHOP
If purchased as a novelty, I think it would be a good thing. I would not purchase with the intent to actually do work.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
what would you need to use it on a taycan?

OP
OP
blame.latitude

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
It's the very cool original 911 toolsets that inspired me to consider the modern set. I like the modern set because it's more usable for modern vehicles. Spudgers, headlamps and ratchets can come in handy in lots of places. I have built several performance vehicles over the years so I am not afraid to crack things open. A lot of times on this forum I see people who seem to believe that there is some type of witchcraft involved in these vehicles, I'm talking about the types who take it in to have air added to the tires. That's not me. I've seen the sets on amazon, but buying a no-name set off amazon isn't exactly my style. I'd rather have quality tools, it's worth it to me. Does anyone know who builds the current toolset?

Deleted member 7736

I've been working on cars all my life. I'm finishing up a build of a Factory Five Roadster at the moment and about to start a restoration of a '67 Mustang. I honestly can't imagine what I might need to wrench on on a Taycan while travelling that would require this toolkit. If you want it as a novelty, go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can get the same kit from Halfords it just says Halfords on it instead of Porsche
Sponsored