Anyone doing European Delivery on your Taycan?

PPK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Anyone planning on taking European Delivery of their Taycan? This would be my first euro delivery. Any suggestions for vacation itinerary or driving routes post delivery?

Also, how's the charging network throughout Western Europe now? Any countries to avoid for lack of charging stations?
Sponsored

MarcG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P85D
Country flag
Is this still available? I heard Audi cancelled their EU delivery program... if Porsche still does it by the time Taycan ships, I'm game.

GoDucksYellO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Silverado 2500HD
Country flag
I’m planning on doing European Delivery if it’s offered on the Taycan. Ionity network for charging is growing rapidly.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
European delivery might be hard with North American EV charging ports installed on the car - while electricity is common and universal - the actual plug on NA cars is different than European chargers - and adapter or EU plug would have to be provided or installed - and then the car modified for NA charging physical plug standards by the delivery dealer once in the US.

While I’m 99% sure the onboard charging hardware will be identical world wide - the actual charging port connections will vary by region - making EU delivery require some adaptation - I doubt this will be an option from Porsche - but we will see.

rhart

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
70 911E 73 RS Clone 914 V8 997 Old Turbo Cayenne
Country flag
My dealer told me no Euro Del.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
Anyone planning on taking European Delivery of their Taycan? This would be my first euro delivery. Any suggestions for vacation itinerary or driving routes post delivery?

Also, how's the charging network throughout Western Europe now? Any countries to avoid for lack of charging stations?

Yes, I was planning on flying over to mine too but my dealer has not confirmed that Euro pick up is available as of last week.

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
I asked my colleagues about EU delivery. Porsche is aware of the problematic with the different charging solutions between US and EU.
What I've heard is, that they've found some sort of solution (either drive a similar Taycan from Porsche or a solution in term of a adapter for example). But I don't have exact informations. It could be possible that factory delivery may be delayed to 2020 because of that.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I asked my colleagues about EU delivery. Porsche is aware of the problematic with the different charging solutions between US and EU.
What I've heard is, that they've found some sort of solution (either drive a similar Taycan from Porsche or a solution in term of a adapter for example). But I don't have exact informations. It could be possible that factory delivery may be delayed to 2020 because of that.
Thanks for this info.....

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
wow. that would certainly be interesting........!

GoDucksYellO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s really exciting news!! 2020 European Delivery is what I was hoping would be available. Hopefully it’s an adapter so you can drive your own car. :)

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hope this is true because I am anxious to visit the factory and do a test drive around the track even it is not my exact car.

GoDucksYellO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got to test drive a Turbo (amazing car) today and have the option to order the 4S I want, but dealer said European Delivery is not yet available. I really want the full experience when I purchase this car so thinking I’ll just wait and see if it becomes an option for 2021 summer delivery.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Hope this is true because I am anxious to visit the factory and do a test drive around the track even it is not my exact car.
If you want to drive any Taycan, you can pop over to the Porsche Experience Center at Hockenheimring, which is just south of Mannheim, Germany. ;)

Last edited:

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice to see you again PAG_J1!!! Glad that you have stayed around with us. My Taycan 4S enters the Body Shop next week, with delivery targeted (hopefully) sometime in March. Are there any tidbits you might offer us now that the Taycan is in full production?

Toby

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

I recommend that you look at PlugShare. Either on a desktop laptop on http://PlugShare.com or on a mobile device using their free app.
Select filter to CCS and you can select 100kw or such as a minimum charge rate also.
It's very handy as it's crowd sourced information with reviews. I find it super handy in my 2 years of EV ownership.
I know that it's very updated for the USA, I believe it is also for Europe.
Sponsored