Anyone get a 2021 Taycan auto-recognized when using an Electrify America charging station?

Mr. 2021 Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I plugged in my 2021 Taycan into a 350kw Electrify American charging station and.... nada.... charging failed. No automatic connection.

I call EA and a very nice lady authorized a free session. The good news is that the charging was indeed "fast," providing over 100 miles in less than 15 minutes.

The bad news is that the automatic "plug in and charge" feature promoted for 2021 models failed.

I called Porsche NA and another nice lady confirmed my "My Porsche" account was set up correctly for charging (you need to have a credit card on file). She also confirmed problems with the back end network connections with Electrify America charging stations.

Has anyone experienced the automatic "plug in and charge" feature working?
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Elsewhere in this forum there are a couple reports of the feature working as expected.

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Dont know about EA, but have tried Plug & Charge on IONITY network here in Denmark, and this worked very good - do remember to activate the function in the PCM..

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Neptune Blue
Country flag
I used plug and charge a couple of times here in the SF Bay Area and both times it worked for me without any issues.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I can confirm this worked for me. But the first plug didn’t work, had to use the second one on the charger.

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
I plugged in my 2021 Taycan into a 350kw Electrify American charging station and.... nada.... charging failed. No automatic connection.

I call EA and a very nice lady authorized a free session. The good news is that the charging was indeed "fast," providing over 100 miles in less than 15 minutes.

The bad news is that the automatic "plug in and charge" feature promoted for 2021 models failed.

I called Porsche NA and another nice lady confirmed my "My Porsche" account was set up correctly for charging (you need to have a credit card on file). She also confirmed problems with the back end network connections with Electrify America charging stations.

have you set from the charging option?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I used plug and charge a couple of times here in the SF Bay Area and both times it worked for me without any issues.
can you share what locations in the bay area have worked for you?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Only time I have charged away from my home is one time at a Porsche "charging" event. They were even having issued with the EA stations that day. The EA network is years away from practical operation.

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Neptune Blue
Country flag
can you share what locations in the bay area have worked for you?
I used the Los Gatos and the Almaden (San Jose) EA chargers. A few weeks ago I used the EA charger in Salinas and that one worked too without any problems

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The other day I charged at EA location:
Walmart 2643 - Woodbury, MN12 mi
10240 Hudson Rd. Woodbury, MN 55129
With my 2021 Taycan 4S and the charge started automatically.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When the session starts automatically at EA chargers, I guess you are not charged any fees for the first 30 mins, right?
I just want to confirm that this is equivalent to using the Charging NA app to initiate a free 30 min session.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
When the session starts automatically at EA chargers, I guess you are not charged any fees for the first 30 mins, right?
I just want to confirm that this is equivalent to using the Charging NA app to initiate a free 30 min session.
Yes

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Does the session stop at 30 min or are you charged ($) for time/energy after 30 min?

If it stops, are there any limitations on starting a second session, such as having to wait a certain amount of time, or needing to move to a different charger?

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
I was at an EA site just a day or two ago while it was being serviced. They were installing the updates for Plug and Charge, so I don't think the feature is active on all the chargers yet... (I can't test it yet, because I have a 2020 without the Taycan update that supports P&C).

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Does the session stop at 30 min or are you charged ($) for time/energy after 30 min?

If it stops, are there any limitations on starting a second session, such as having to wait a certain amount of time, or needing to move to a different charger?
from what I have heard is that there needs to be an hour between free sessions
Sponsored