Anyone get a 2021 Taycan auto-recognized when using an Electrify America charging station?

mystique

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 911 C4S, 2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can confirm that Plug & Charge is working for me.

My understanding here is that you might need to use the app (Charging NA) for the first time you use a EA station and subsequently Plug & Charge should work

The first time I used an EA station, I did not figure out (2) below but the second time it worked when I plugged in. Give the EA station a minute or so to communicate, authorize and automatically start charging

Just a few pointers:

1. Make sure you have a credit card on file on your Porsche Connect Account
- charges over the free 30 mins will be invoiced to that credit card on file
2. Make sure that you have turned on the Plug & Charge feature on your PCM
- Go to "Charging" from your home screen > look for the "..." in the bottom right corner for more options and that should bring you to page where you will have to check the box for "Plug & Charge"

See Picture

Good Luck

Porsche Taycan Anyone get a 2021 Taycan auto-recognized when using an Electrify America charging station? PlugnCharge
Sponsored

Last edited:

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Whats interesting is that a dutch fastcharging company called Fastned can do the auto-charging feature with any car. All the car has to do is have a CCS port. You create an account on their site, go and use the app the very first time you charge and then everytime you use one of their chargers it auto-recognizes your car. I wonder why others have to do it through hardware ON the car itself. (sorry for going off-topic)

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Whats interesting is that a dutch fastcharging company called Fastned can do the auto-charging feature with any car. All the car has to do is have a CCS port. You create an account on their site, go and use the app the very first time you charge and then everytime you use one of their chargers it auto-recognizes your car. I wonder why others have to do it through hardware ON the car itself. (sorry for going off-topic)
This makes sense. The network has to associate your VIN to an account. So the first time you use the app, it gets a VIN it has never seen before and associates it to your account. Now whenever the VIN is seen...

Which also means there better be a way to disassociate a VIN from an account when you sell the car. And being a security nerd, I hope they’re using some form of cryptography otherwise VIN spoofing will become a thing.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
from what I have heard is that there needs to be an hour between free sessions
I also have a 21 4S and I have the same problem plug and play does not work.I tried the EA 150 and 350 Kwatt chargers and in all case they do not work.What does work is using the Porsche connect application or the Porsche charging application however somehow the 350 Kwatt chargers do appear on the list of chargers in both applications

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
from what I have learned is that you have to communicate via that app which charging unit you want to use, once that is complete then the car charges, I don't know if the plug and play eliminates that step.
Yes it should .theoretically all you have to do is plugin hit the start button and the charging ought to start.No need to use either application