Anyone Get the Trunk Foot Wave Thing To Work?

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Took delivery of my car today! Generally pretty smooth and enjoyable so far. I read the quick start manual and learned there is supposed to be a foot wave feature that opens the trunk. Didn't know it was supposed to be there, pleasant surprise! But after 5min of fake kicking my Taycan in my driveway, I gave up. Anyone else get this to work? Any tricks?
Sponsored

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have found that it is more of kicking action than a waving around. Make sure you're centered at the back and push your foot forward kinda slowly and then pull it straight back. I have had more success with that action than trying to wave my foot around underneath. It seems like the sensor is looking for the foot to be there and then be removed.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Yes, putting you foot under the car and pulling it back is my understanding of the 'proper' method.
I have found it to be a little finicky. It has tried to close on me twice while un/loading groceries. :(

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Took delivery of my car today! Generally pretty smooth and enjoyable so far. I read the quick start manual and learned there is supposed to be a foot wave feature that opens the trunk. Didn't know it was supposed to be there, pleasant surprise! But after 5min of fake kicking my Taycan in my driveway, I gave up. Anyone else get this to work? Any tricks?
Do you have comfort access?

ImThestig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Works fine here, just wayved my foot under the trunk and it opens, the same when I close it

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Read the manual.
Really.
Take some time, it's really worth it.
It says you should stay in the middle and move in the direction of the car.
Same for the hood (no, not your foot dummy!).
:)

OP
OP
TriTaycan

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Read the manual.
Really.
Take some time, it's really worth it.
It says you should stay in the middle and move in the direction of the car.
Same for the hood (no, not your foot dummy!).
:)
Not sure what you are saying? I mentioned that I only knew the feature existed because I was reading the manual.

Anyhow, it turns out buried deep in the car settings the checkbox for this feature had been unchecked. After checking it, it works as expected.

Swede-ish

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Land Rover Defender 110, BMW 530e
Country flag
Just useless and dumb. Much easier just to push the button! I don't know how may times I have kicked it and hit my fibula in the process - and the trunk did not open...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not sure what you are saying? I mentioned that I only knew the feature existed because I was reading the manual.

Anyhow, it turns out buried deep in the car settings the checkbox for this feature had been unchecked. After checking it, it works as expected.
I was about to suggest you check that the feature is enabled in the PCM.

Why the dealer doesn't set this up is beyond me. Same issue with auto tilting passenger door mirror when in reverse - it needs to be set too.

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
No comfort access, no feature.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Just useless and dumb. Much easier just to push the button! I don't know how may times I have kicked it and hit my fibula in the process - and the trunk did not open...
When your hands are full of stuff, it's very useful function.

Speaking about usefulness: anyone knows if there's a way to automatically lock the car, without pressing on key? I'm missing that, and I already left my car unlocked a couple of times since I was used to automatic locking feature of my previous car...

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
When your hands are full of stuff, it's very useful function.

Speaking about usefulness: anyone knows if there's a way to automatically lock the car, without pressing on key? I'm missing that, and I already left my car unlocked a couple of times since I was used to automatic locking feature of my previous car...
the car should lock itself after X amount of time. it could be another setting buried deep within the PCM

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Thx...now, I just need to find this settings somewhere deep inside PCM.
(also, haven't found how to set ambient lights and lights when door is opened... :facepalm:
Sponsored