Anyone got the Porsche roof bars and box?

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
@Bill4444 and @philbur where did you guys order the Thule Bars from in Spain?

I ordered from Fast Parts Online in Latvia (for USA delivery) but it turned out that they didn’t have the product in stock so unclear when it will arrive.
Snowinn but I think I got the last one as I don’t see more online! There are a few on eBay I see searching. On all EU units you will pay $100 international shipping
Sponsored

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
@Bill4444 and @philbur where did you guys order the Thule Bars from in Spain?

I ordered from Fast Parts Online in Latvia (for USA delivery) but it turned out that they didn’t have the product in stock so unclear when it will arrive.
You should try this link (for silver bars)
https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/thule-wingbar-edge-l-e-2-958500/642784/p

I hesitated between silver and black and finally went for silver as my car is dolomite silver and black bars blend in too much with black rails in my opinion

RocketDog

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4s
Country flag
The other day I noticed that my driver side roof rail has more than a couple of nicks- there is actually a ding in the rail about an inch long with the nicks in the center of it. I didn’t go beyond the torque setting on the tool that comes with the set. All of this happened from a single test fit, then i removed them a few hours later.

I’m really hesitant to put my OEM cross bars on again…
My complaint is still with Porsche for resolution - they are looking at photos and are also following discussions on the forums. To me the issue appears to be a defect in the outer bracket that causes a slight lump - this applies a point load and causes the dink. The dealer has looked at all the bars that they have in stock and some have this defect and some don't. I'll repost when Porsche have confirmed what they are going to do about it.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Thule bars arrived! Snowinn and from Spain to Seattle with no issues! Great fast service.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
My Thule bars arrived! Snowinn and from Spain to Seattle with no issues! Great fast service.
Me too, just got mine today.
So much easier to install than OEMs.
I love the looks in silver as it constrast well with black pano roof.
pictures to come.

Porsche Taycan Anyone got the Porsche roof bars and box? 99FA94DD-6EB1-4466-B114-FA9DE85A8E9A

Porsche Taycan Anyone got the Porsche roof bars and box? 46A61FE3-53C1-4131-84E7-6DFFF9C65BC7

Porsche Taycan Anyone got the Porsche roof bars and box? 3C4FD99E-DB23-413F-A78A-8E1907532644

Last edited:

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice! I just installed mine last night and they did a good job with the feel and fit of the bars. Feel very solid as well and love the low profile!

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First roof rack job - express delivery complete. The kid at the yard couldn’t figure out what the car was and kept thinking it was a Ferrari. And he said he was a car guy :p

Porsche Taycan Anyone got the Porsche roof bars and box? 48535553-B716-44DA-9942-42D3B62E8854

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Me too, just got mine today.
So much easier to install than OEMs.
I love the looks in silver as it constrast well with black pano roof.
pictures to come.

99FA94DD-6EB1-4466-B114-FA9DE85A8E9A.jpeg

46A61FE3-53C1-4131-84E7-6DFFF9C65BC7.jpeg

3C4FD99E-DB23-413F-A78A-8E1907532644.jpeg
They look better indeed. Are they closer to the roof and more aerodynamic. Did you install a ski box? Will probably not be a problem.
Ps can we still use the automatic peage boot on the highway. Doesn’t it have a maximal height? Or are skiboxes not allowed anyway?

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They look better indeed. Are they closer to the roof and more aerodynamic. Did you install a ski box? Will probably not be a problem.
Ps can we still use the automatic peage boot on the highway. Doesn’t it have a maximal height? Or are skiboxes not allowed anyway?
I have the bars mounted, but didnt get a chance to try the box - ill try that tonight when my wife gets back from work (its her car and drives it everyday.. she is soooo lucky!) From looking at it I dont think it will be an issue and our box has the claws that clamp onto the bars. We had much more clearance with our Cayenne and maybe with the claws open it might stand on the glass - will report back!

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
I have the bars mounted, but didnt get a chance to try the box - ill try that tonight when my wife gets back from work (its her car and drives it everyday.. she is soooo lucky!) From looking at it I dont think it will be an issue and our box has the claws that clamp onto the bars. We had much more clearance with our Cayenne and maybe with the claws open it might stand on the glass - will report back!
@philbur Interested to hear how you fared with the roof box install - I’ve been wondering about the clearance w.r.t. the claws.
My Thule roof bars arrived this week. Any general tips on the install beyond what’s the instruction booklet?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
@philbur Interested to hear how you fared with the roof box install - I’ve been wondering about the clearance w.r.t. the claws.
My Thule roof bars arrived this week. Any general tips on the install beyond what’s the instruction booklet?
It would interest me too.
I prefer the look of the Thule roofbars. I was looking at the instruction. Is it correct the these are not Taycan specific but the width is adjustable?

Is it this one that you have ?

Thule WingBar Edge 9585 | 958500

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It would interest me too.
I prefer the look of the Thule roofbars. I was looking at the instruction. Is it correct the these are not Taycan specific but the width is adjustable?

Is it this one that you have ?

Thule WingBar Edge 9585 | 958500
Yes - that is the part number that is spec'd in europe (9585B is the black version) Thule is always universal and may fit multiple vehicles - they do adjust with a spring but then make it fit nice and secure between the bars. Overall I love the look and fit. Just make sure you dont mount them facing the wrong way and its pretty straight forward (I had mine backwards the first time I placed mine) I did use the 2 holes to center the bars and keep them all square. Ill try finding time tonight to mount the box and send some pics - work meetings last night and was too tired!

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Yes - that is the part number that is spec'd in europe (9585B is the black version) Thule is always universal and may fit multiple vehicles - they do adjust with a spring but then make it fit nice and secure between the bars. Overall I love the look and fit. Just make sure you dont mount them facing the wrong way and its pretty straight forward (I had mine backwards the first time I placed mine) I did use the 2 holes to center the bars and keep them all square. Ill try finding time tonight to mount the box and send some pics - work meetings last night and was too tired!
Thanks for the info. Don’t worry about the box. Would just be nice to see when you find the time. No rush at all.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Anyone got the Porsche roof bars and box? roof1
Porsche Taycan Anyone got the Porsche roof bars and box? roof3
Porsche Taycan Anyone got the Porsche roof bars and box? roof2

Here are some pics on overall fit and claws open - there is a slight gap, but overall its a more than perfect fit! the width as well. cant wait to load it up and hit the slopes! (i didnt center it or fully close the claws)

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
roof1.jpg
roof3.jpg
roof2.jpg

Here are some pics on overall fit and claws open - there is a slight gap, but overall its a more than perfect fit! the width as well. cant wait to load it up and hit the slopes! (i didnt center it or fully close the claws)
Thanks for testing! Looks good. I wonder if a ski box like the Thule Vector alpine would have enough clearance. It looks that your box is on the bars but the Vector comes over the bars.