Anyone had their bike rack delivered yet?

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Still waiting for bike rack, blades for roofbox and 2nd key fob. Got the car in July and originally they indicated September but still no date confirmed. The lack of bike rack is painful…
Sponsored

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
Still waiting for bike rack, blades for roofbox and 2nd key fob. Got the car in July and originally they indicated September but still no date confirmed. The lack of bike rack is painful…
You did at least get a car :) think we can count the number of CTs delivered to customers on one hand right now.

OP
OP
Swissbob

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
You did at least get a car :) think we can count the number of CTs delivered to customers on one hand right now.
Eeesh is it that bad? I ordered in April. People who ordered at that time still awaiting delivery? Will stop complaining!!!

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
The lack of bike rack is painful…
Agree completely. I don't understand this delay. I wonder if the aero blades from Thule would fit. I'm just uncertain about the mounts. Anyway, I'm in the same position as you.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I ordered and received an allocation at launch, still waiting delivery! Also waiting delivery of the bike rack. Porsche say another 7 weeks to go for the car, nothing for the rack. My dealer says they don’t even have a way to order the rack.

OP
OP
Swissbob

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Agree completely. I don't understand this delay. I wonder if the aero blades from Thule would fit. I'm just uncertain about the mounts. Anyway, I'm in the same position as you.
Seems to be covid related supply chain issues so probably shouldn’t complain

amamoy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Macan GTS, Range Rover, Ariel Atom
Country flag
My dealer in US is saying Mid Sep for Racks but will believe it when I see it. Was a key deciding factor for me going to CT.

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
Seems to be covid related supply chain issues so probably shouldn’t complain
This is true. One does let excitement get the better of oneself now and again. Perspective and patience is key.

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Totally agree very disappointing as i got my CT late July missing its owner manual /second key and cycle rack - luckily my road bike easily fits in the rear without any dismantle my sons MB will not!

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Ordered my CT in May took delvery 9/3 form Porsche Irvine CA. Love the car and it fits my MTB in back with room to spare ..save your money on bike rack.. put a blanket down in the back and your good to go unless you are hauling 4.

OP
OP
Swissbob

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ordered my CT in May took delvery 9/3 form Porsche Irvine CA. Love the car and it fits my MTB in back with room to spare ..save your money on bike rack.. put a blanket down in the back and your good to go unless you are hauling 4.
Except you won’t get more than one in (I’ve tried) and sticking a muddy mountain bike with lots of sharp edges into an expensive car is never a good idea.

amamoy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bumping this thread. Delivery of rear carriers in US seems to keep getting pushed out. Has anyone actually received one yet or gotten any recent update from parts dept?

It is actually one of the drivers for me getting the CT 4S.

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I got one as compensation for the delay in delivering the car. My SA says that I could expect it in April.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Bumping this thread. Delivery of rear carriers in US seems to keep getting pushed out. Has anyone actually received one yet or gotten any recent update from parts dept?

It is actually one of the drivers for me getting the CT 4S.
Ticking me off too - realize all the supply issues but seems bizarre that an original Sept '21 manufacturing date would not have some sort of update by now - my SA has nothing to report - like you the bespoke carrier was a def positive to my purchase.

amamoy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just received an update that projected date is now Jan sometime. The parts dept thought that this estimate seemed actually possible for some reason.
Sponsored