Advertisement

Anyone happy with the standard sound system?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes.
Country flag
Other cars are 'OK' - why aren't you buying them?
I'm not sure what direction you want to force this discussion into...
We're talking Bose here and whether it's ok or not.
I think it is.
End of story.
Your choice is different, that's perfectly ok.
Ok? :)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Porsche Panamera GTS, Taycan Turbo S (soon)
Country flag
I'm not sure what direction you want to force this discussion into...
We're talking Bose here and whether it's ok or not.
I think it is.
End of story.
Your choice is different, that's perfectly ok.
Ok? :)
Absolutely. Actually sat in a demo just now and heard the Bose and it's very good. ;)

OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 SOLD! Now waiting for Taycan 4s
Country flag
I tried the Burmester and it thought it was fine but not mind blowing. Car stereo is different from home stereo was my conclusion.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
My high frequency hearing consists of loud ringing in both ears. Midrange clarity and bass are important to me. My wife hears highs just fine - we ordered the Burmester.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you're looking for better audio quality you should also spec the Insulated Glass option. There is still a decent amount of tire noise at highway speeds and I'd spec Insulated Glass before jumping to Burmeister (and I'd always spec it if I got Burmeister).

Singularity

Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7, Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
If you're looking for better audio quality you should also spec the Insulated Glass option. There is still a decent amount of tire noise at highway speeds and I'd spec Insulated Glass before jumping to Burmeister (and I'd always spec it if I got Burmeister).
Fully agree with this!

I have Bose which I think is fine. Burmester is probably a lot better yes if you really need high end audio but Bose will do fine.

However, I don't have the insulated glass option and it is in fact the only option I have regrets about. The tire & wind noise without the special glass is *significant* (slightly louder than in my combustion engine Audi A7) which kind of ruins the electric quietness experience. Not only that music also sounds better if there is less noise.

For example when the car is parked I really like the Bose. When on the highway it's closer to basic car stereo, the noise affects it so much. This is just my opinion.

So as a Taycan owner I can tell you the insulated glass is indeed a 10x more important option than Burmester. Of course you can get both too if you like. Just good to know.

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
I am approaching the end of my obsession with details over my spec but I keep coming back to the sound system.

A lot of people keep saying you can't spec a Porsche with a standard sound system but since the subwoofer takes so much space in the small storage compartment in the back, I am skeptical towards upgrading. In addition, road noise and rough tarmac makes any music listening in the car not really worth it.

I have tried the Burmester and it sounded nice but my home stereo sounds better, ironically, since it's much cheaper. It still didn't punch through the noise from the tarmac with the 21" wheels and it didn't seem worth it.

I am coming from an Audi A4 which has been upgraded from passive speakers to "Audi Sound System", it's ok but doesn't move any mountains, so even the standard sound system might be an upgrade compared to what I have now.

So, is there anyone who has been content with the standard sound system over the Bose sound system? The Burmester is out of the question due to price.
The Bose System is a perfect companion to the interior, with remarkable clarity. If you have the budget, I would recommend spending it on PDCC, Adaptive cruise control and the Passenger Display.

Happy shopping :)

OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 SOLD! Now waiting for Taycan 4s
Country flag
Right now I am trying to find the money for a chalk/crayon exterior...

Advertisement