Anyone happy with the standard sound system?

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I am approaching the end of my obsession with details over my spec but I keep coming back to the sound system.

A lot of people keep saying you can't spec a Porsche with a standard sound system but since the subwoofer takes so much space in the small storage compartment in the back, I am skeptical towards upgrading. In addition, road noise and rough tarmac makes any music listening in the car not really worth it.

I have tried the Burmester and it sounded nice but my home stereo sounds better, ironically, since it's much cheaper. It still didn't punch through the noise from the tarmac with the 21" wheels and it didn't seem worth it.

I am coming from an Audi A4 which has been upgraded from passive speakers to "Audi Sound System", it's ok but doesn't move any mountains, so even the standard sound system might be an upgrade compared to what I have now.

So, is there anyone who has been content with the standard sound system over the Bose sound system? The Burmester is out of the question due to price.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just get the Bose, it's not worth losing sleep over. The Bose is significantly better simply by virtue of the speakers it adds. The Bose is decent to good, the Standard system is bad to awful. With how quiet the Taycan is and no engine noise.. you'll notice the difference all the time.

pod1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just get the Bose, it's not worth losing sleep over. The Bose is significantly better simply by virtue of the speakers it adds. The Bose is decent to good, the Standard system is bad to awful. With how quiet the Taycan is and no engine noise.. you'll notice the difference all the time.
Agree. I test drove 2 cars one had a standard stereo and the other Bose. The Bose was much better.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Get the Bose, it’s much better than standard and your not losing your short paying for it.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The biggest options regret I've ever had was getting the base stereo in my first R8. Since I didn't order that car, I took one at a discount, and regretted that option the entire time I had it. I made sure my 2nd R8 had the B&O radio. (Which is like the Bose upgrade for the Taycan).

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yeah. At this point, almost the only thing I haven't upgraded/added is the white base colour and the passenger display (and the sound system).

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Yeah. At this point, almost the only thing I haven't upgraded/added is the white base colour and the passenger display (and the sound system).
My invoice was three pages long!!
Don’t think I’ve ever bought a car with an invoice three pages long!