Anyone have any feedback on the E-Tron S? Any and all feedback welcome

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I will say this - the eTron 's acceleration is way way way better than the Cayenne in pure EV mode - I spend a lot of time "gaming" the Hybrid drive train to avoid "invoking" the gas motor - so that's a lot of "pure" EV driving - and while the Cayenne is no slouch - it's only not a slouch if you allow the vehicle to use both power units on the drive train - otherwise while the pure eV motor on the Cayenne is adequate - I spend a lot of time at max power going up local hill's at 53 mph - or slowly slowly accelerating up to 65 mph on the freeway to avoid the gas motor…

given how much I'm trying to drive the Cayenne like a "pure EV" - the eTron would be a huge step up as a pure-EV vs. the Cayenne hybrid in "pure-EV" mode…

I just really want a Cayenne with the Power and smoothness of the Taycan…
I'm right there with you. I started this way when I drive my wife's Cayenne Hybrid, but ultimately got over it and press the boost button as I please or put it in sport/sport+ when I want the extra juice. The engine transitions are some seamless, even though it uses fuel, it's minimal, and once you're at speed, back to EV mode where it doesn't matter.

I ultimately realized how fun the car was to drive if I stop gaming it in EV mode, and it really doesn't sacrifice much in efficiency.