Anyone in greater Seattle with an Ice Grey Metallic Taycan?

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
I'm wondering if there is anyone in the greater Seattle area with an Ice Grey Taycan that I could look at. I've scoured every picture and video I can find on the internet of the Ice Grey cars, and I have looked at the paint sample at the dealership. The paint sample nearly sold me on it, but every time I see a picture of one it looks very white (or so close to white that I wouldn't be happy with it). So I've decided I need to see one in-person before locking in the spec on my GTS Sport Turismo.

I live in Gig Harbor and work in Tacoma (sometimes Seattle) and would obviously come to the car. I'd also be happy to buy the owner a beer or a cup of coffee, or even Venmo a bit of cash, for the privilege of oogling an Ice Grey Taycan in the flesh. Thanks in advance for not kicking me off the forum as a result of this bizarre request.
Sponsored

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm wondering if there is anyone in the greater Seattle area with an Ice Grey Taycan that I could look at. I've scoured every picture and video I can find on the internet of the Ice Grey cars, and I have looked at the paint sample at the dealership. The paint sample nearly sold me on it, but every time I see a picture of one it looks very white (or so close to white that I wouldn't be happy with it). So I've decided I need to see one in-person before locking in the spec on my GTS Sport Turismo.

I live in Gig Harbor and work in Tacoma (sometimes Seattle) and would obviously come to the car. I'd also be happy to buy the owner a beer or a cup of coffee, or even Venmo a bit of cash, for the privilege of oogling an Ice Grey Taycan in the flesh. Thanks in advance for not kicking me off the forum as a result of this bizarre request.
My Ice Grey looks close to Carrara White unless the two cars are next to each other, or in low light - then the grey is more pronounced. If you are looking for something more strikingly different then you should also consider Chalk.

As it happens I'm not far from you so I'll connect and if you want to see my Ice Grey Taycan we can set up a time.

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Not in your area (even country) sorry, but I have got Ice Grey.

Have looked for some media to try and show what it looks like in the flesh compared to white.....

OP
OP
Harbor_Dawg

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not in your area (even country) sorry, but I have got Ice Grey.

Have looked for some media to try and show what it looks like in the flesh compared to white.....

Thanks. Every tidbit is helpful, but I'm still determined to see on in the flesh.

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag

I'm not anywhere near you, but if you drive to Florida I'll give you a cup of coffee :D I have Ice Grey Metallic. I, too, looked at the paint chip and thought "That's a really nice light grey", before I ordered the car.

The paint chip, the one I looked at was about a 12" by 8" chunk of metal, doesn't do the color justice. On the car, though, it is fantastic, but I have found it is almost impossible to take a picture of it. In some pictures it looks like it 100% white and others a blah grey.

This picture gives a hint of the color. In the sun light you see a hint of blue, that is almost in this picture.?
Porsche Taycan Anyone in greater Seattle with an Ice Grey Metallic Taycan? 1641557308701

Grey??? Huh??? ???
Porsche Taycan Anyone in greater Seattle with an Ice Grey Metallic Taycan? 1641557865294

OP
OP
Harbor_Dawg

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It has been dumping snow and rain here in Washington for weeks, so the thought of a frivolous trip to Florida is intriguing. Doubt my wife will give me a hall pass, but I’ll ask. Thanks for the pictures. It’s a gorgeous car in almost any color.
I'm not anywhere near you, but if you drive to Florida I'll give you a cup of coffee :D I have Ice Grey Metallic. I, too, looked at the paint chip and thought "That's a really nice light grey", before I ordered the car.

The paint chip, the one I looked at was about a 12" by 8" chunk of metal, doesn't do the color justice. On the car, though, it is fantastic, but I have found it is almost impossible to take a picture of it. In some pictures it looks like it 100% white and others a blah grey.

This picture gives a hint of the color. In the sun light you see a hint of blue, that is almost in this picture.?
1641557308701.png

Grey??? Huh??? ???
1641557865294.png

Izzone

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Agree it’s nearly impossible to take a photo of it

as the car curves, it shades grey

Porsche Taycan Anyone in greater Seattle with an Ice Grey Metallic Taycan? CA2FC58F-46D5-4FB9-A175-F1A557233CFA

Porsche Taycan Anyone in greater Seattle with an Ice Grey Metallic Taycan? C59C7741-4965-46B3-8132-6B6A2A1E355B

Porsche Taycan Anyone in greater Seattle with an Ice Grey Metallic Taycan? 0974DFD7-8178-4FAA-BE82-34A98F3EB547

OP
OP
Harbor_Dawg

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks to everyone who responded, and huge thanks to @snstevens for meeting me at a local Starbucks and giving me a full run down on his Ice Grey car. Those who have said the pictures don’t do it justice are right - it looks very cool in person, and sharper than in any photo I’ve seen. It is definitely not going to be confused with white, and I would recommend it without hesitation.

OP
OP
Harbor_Dawg

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ice Grey contrasted with Tesla’s silver.

Porsche Taycan Anyone in greater Seattle with an Ice Grey Metallic Taycan? 73C03E43-FC2A-464D-81D7-E0AB43E58E75
Sponsored