Anyone in the UK waiting for a car that's been built?

OP
OP
samueldave

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
That seems to be the same as me. July 23rd the car was completed and was supposedly on its way with a delivery date of 18-20 August. This date came and went and the dealer has no idea what's going on. He advised me yesterday the car is still at the factory. (I'm in Portugal, BTW).
still at the factory? So not at the port? That seems even worse.
I spoke to my dealer today, still no idea. He said he’d been on the forums and thinks cars may come in October. I think that is BS and wishful thinking on his part.

Its a mess!
Sponsored

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
That seems to be the same as me. July 23rd the car was completed and was supposedly on its way with a delivery date of 18-20 August. This date came and went and the dealer has no idea what's going on. He advised me yesterday the car is still at the factory. (I'm in Portugal, BTW).
Nev - in theory I am a week ahead of you as my screenshot stated vehicle complete on 15th July and exit factory on 17th. I've had no update from my dealership since early Aug, but they did tell me then it would be a Sept delivery - not sure how they could state this given that I was originally due to get it in May.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
No news from Porsche HQ to dealers in France since mid July … I hope they’ll start shipping cars (completed) before Christmas. I feel like I’m going to get a MY21 in 2022 ?

• Sad
Reactions: B61
OP
OP
samueldave

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No news from Porsche HQ to dealers in France since mid July … I hope they’ll start shipping cars (completed) before Christmas. I feel like I’m going to get a MY21 in 2022 ?
Yeah that’s exactly how I feel. Worse still I feel like some 2022 cars will be shipped before 2021 cars!

my dealer said the only car they have shipped recently was a GT4 from May which needed an English W replacement!

walln

First Name
Nev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
still at the factory? So not at the port? That seems even worse.
I spoke to my dealer today, still no idea. He said he’d been on the forums and thinks cars may come in October. I think that is BS and wishful thinking on his part.

Its a mess!
Yep, "still in factory" (again, I'm based in Portugal, so they may well put it on the back of a lorry rather than ship it like they would to the UK). But I don't know how confident he is about this. It's worrying that dealers are kept in the dark to the extent they are.

walln

First Name
Nev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Nev - in theory I am a week ahead of you as my screenshot stated vehicle complete on 15th July and exit factory on 17th. I've had no update from my dealership since early Aug, but they did tell me then it would be a Sept delivery - not sure how they could state this given that I was originally due to get it in May.
We seem to be in a very similar situation. I can only think it's a deliberate policy by Porsche not to provide updates to dealers. I can't think why...

OP
OP
samueldave

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah that’s exactly how I feel. Worse still I feel like some 2022 cars will be shipped before 2021 cars!

my dealer said the only car they have shipped recently was a GT4 from May which needed an English W replacement!
Typo… an engine replacement.
Yep, "still in factory" (again, I'm based in Portugal, so they may well put it on the back of a lorry rather than ship it like they would to the UK). But I don't know how confident he is about this. It's worrying that dealers are kept in the dark to the extent they are.
Agreed. It’s crazy given the brand etc… but nowhere to jump. Everyone in the same boat. And I get that but people just want to know what is happening instead of guessing and hoping…

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Typo… an engine replacement.

Agreed. It’s crazy given the brand etc… but nowhere to jump. Everyone in the same boat. And I get that but people just want to know what is happening instead of guessing and hoping…
They definitely have us by the short & curlies - I have just looked back through my emails from the broker I used and he was apologising in Jan 2021 that delivery was going to be delayed until April. At the time I had assumed he meant 2021, but starting to wonder if he meant 2022 !

What is more galling is that I know of 2 clients who ordered from VAG at least 3 months after me and one took delivery of his CT4S 5 weeks ago (with his GT3 arriving in Q1 2022) and the other has his RS e-tron GT arriving today - he has put £29k of extras on it (which must mean a lot of semi-cond parts), so way more expensive than my S4. I am, therefore, assuming that that VAG are prioritising getting cars out that are at the more expensive end of the range and/or customers who are spending the best part of £300k with Porsche.

Drake

First Name
Cor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Reading this basically sums up what I already knew, I have been waiting for my GT3 992 that was due to be delivered June! Every month that goes by the system just delays an extra month!

Their system is basically all over the place! and it is true, don't go by what it says!

My Taycan CT is due to be CP8 (Completion) 3/9! How ironic that more than likely if the CT isn't delayed... it will turn up with my GT3!

But in all honesty, this is the first time for many years of me ordering new Porsche, that Porsche cars have not been turned around within their 'Usual' 12 week timeframe.

We all just need to sit tight and be Patient, which I know is hard, as word has it due to Malaysia covid it is only going to get worse!

OP
OP
samueldave

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They definitely have us by the short & curlies - I have just looked back through my emails from the broker I used and he was apologising in Jan 2021 that delivery was going to be delayed until April. At the time I had assumed he meant 2021, but starting to wonder if he meant 2022 !

What is more galling is that I know of 2 clients who ordered from VAG at least 3 months after me and one took delivery of his CT4S 5 weeks ago (with his GT3 arriving in Q1 2022) and the other has his RS e-tron GT arriving today - he has put £29k of extras on it (which must mean a lot of semi-cond parts), so way more expensive than my S4. I am, therefore, assuming that that VAG are prioritising getting cars out that are at the more expensive end of the range and/or customers who are spending the best part of £300k with Porsche.
The stupid thing is I originally ordered a 4S, with an august delivery. They the told me in July that I probably wouldn't see it this year. I asked about cancellations... You gotta ask right... They said they had a completed Turbo, which after my extra toys on the 4S, came in t £30K more expensive. But it was built and I could have it almost immediately. Fast forward, and here we are. My original 4S order cancelled, or given away, a £30K extra bill and no car!

You have to laugh I think...

SixSigma

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I'm in the same boat - Turbo ordered back in May, due July, then Aug, now Sept...maybe Oct. Frustrating because my MY21 spec is more expensive than the MY22 equivalent as some options are now free! (UK - Not Germany, profile was created while on Business trip).

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Hi All

New to this site.

Not sure if this information is useful but I ordered a 4S CT in March (as soon as it was released) and I have just picked it up today. It arrived in the dealership two weeks ago but I waited for the new registration.

It’s beautiful!

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Hi All

New to this site.

Not sure if this information is useful but I ordered a 4S CT in March (as soon as it was released) and I have just picked it up today. It arrived in the dealership two weeks ago but I waited for the new registration.

It’s beautiful!
Good for you !!!!
Where are you from ?

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Hi All

New to this site.

It’s beautiful!
Ben - good for you. Not jealous at all that you have got yours before me even though I ordered mine earlier (albeit a 4S) :) Just as a matter of interest did you put a lot of options on it as I simply don't understand the timelines that Porsche work to and the usual excuse of S-C supply issues ? Either that or the CEO is a relation ......................

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Anyone in the UK waiting for a car that's been built? Pla

I ordered mine on 03/AUG and have been advised it should be and ready to collect by the end of November :)

Cant wait, its my first EV coming from a range of M powered BMW's, currently in an X3M Comp.
Sponsored