Anyone in the US take delivery recently?

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I know there are stop orders and other delays, but has anyone in the US, specifically in the Northeast taken delivery recently? My car is at port in RI, and I'm just trying to estimate the possible delivery date.
Sponsored

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
I know there are stop orders and other delays, but has anyone in the US, specifically in the Northeast taken delivery recently? My car is at port in RI, and I'm just trying to estimate the possible delivery date.
Do you have the 19.2 kW charger?

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do not.
Lucky you. So it is just going to be the software update. What does TYD say?

I do, so who knows when mine will be coming.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Lucky you. So it is just going to be the software update. What does TYD say?

I do, so who knows when mine will be coming.
Not sure - I haven't really bugged the dealer. Someone who's ship was 10 days ahead of mine just had the car put on transportation to the dealership - so seems like I might get it in 2 weeks or so; hopefully.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure - I haven't really bugged the dealer. Someone who's ship was 10 days ahead of mine just had the car put on transportation to the dealership - so seems like I might get it in 2 weeks or so; hopefully.
Good Luck.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where is yours at in the process? It's at port?
Mine has been at the port since 12/22 and TYD says it is being delivered to the Dealer on 3/26 but I now think that is wrong because I am one of the 253 cars that is subject to the Stop Delivery Order as a result of a defective 19.2 kW charger.

I have no idea when that will get fixed, the SDO says parts are arriving mid-March through May and I am 125 on the list. Doesn't sound like a good place to be, but I guess it could be worse.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine has been at the port since 12/22 and TYD says it is being delivered to the Dealer on 3/26 but I now think that is wrong because I am one of the 253 cars that is subject to the Stop Delivery Order as a result of a defective 19.2 kW charger.

I have no idea when that will get fixed, the SDO says parts are arriving mid-March through May and I am 125 on the list. Doesn't sound like a good place to be, but I guess it could be worse.
Jeez, that's terrible. If you haven't already, I would suggest exploring compensation options from Porsche/dealer/etc.. Porsche NA has approved free scheduled maintenance and other similar compensation before on a one-by-one basis (dealership would have to approach them for it).

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Jeez, that's terrible. If you haven't already, I would suggest exploring compensation options from Porsche/dealer/etc.. Porsche NA has approved free scheduled maintenance and other similar compensation before on a one-by-one basis (dealership would have to approach them for it).
Yes, that would be the next step. All really disappointing. This will be my second one. The first one didn't do so great and this one doesn't appear to be any more cooperative. Testing my patience but I do know the car looks and drives great.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes, that would be the next step. All really disappointing. This will be my second one. The first one didn't do so great and this one doesn't appear to be any more cooperative. Testing my patience but I do know the car looks and drives great.
Sounds like bad luck (which I tend to have a lot of too). I had a BMW M3 where the engine blew at 150 miles of DD (I don't race or abuse the cars in anyway). Spent 4mo at the dealership before they finally had to replace the whole thing. Also had an Audi A7 that had the suspension fall apart as I drove off the lot. Hopefully you don't have any more issues once you take delivery. The 19.2 kW charger is specifically a shitty issue to be delayed for because I know many dealers were instructed to push them very hard (when in reality, it's not very necessary IMO).

I can't open a case with Porsche (or your dealer) on your behalf, but once you have a case with Porsche NA, ping me, and I can try to escalate things internally for you.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like bad luck (which I tend to have a lot of too). I had a BMW M3 where the engine blew at 150 miles of DD (I don't race or abuse the cars in anyway). Spent 4mo at the dealership before they finally had to replace the whole thing. Also had an Audi A7 that had the suspension fall apart as I drove off the lot. Hopefully you don't have any more issues once you take delivery. The 19.2 kW charger is specifically a shitty issue to be delayed for because I know many dealers were instructed to push them very hard (when in reality, it's not very necessary IMO).

I can't open a case with Porsche (or your dealer) on your behalf, but once you have a case with Porsche NA, ping me, and I can try to escalate things internally for you.
Thanks.

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Mine has been in country for over a month and has not been released from the port as it waits for the SW update- allegedly going to be released in a week... we'll see...
Sponsored