Anyone know how to contact Porsche NA CEO?

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I actually did read the entire lament and stand by my original statement - logistics in the COVID world are bananas and I can absolutely see how MY22 cars end up being delivered before MY21 outside of control of Porsche. Use your imagination a little. I can think of a number of reasons this could happen, which include but are not limited to:
  1. MY21's were build missing parts, but Porsche decided to ship them somewhere along the way to the USA, whether elsewhere in Germany or other place. Once the parts became available, it is possible the 21's were somewhere not easily accessible (stuck in some warehouse for example)
  2. MY21's which are missing parts are missing more than the MY22's needed to be complete. Yes, Porsche could have made the 21's "more complete, but still not deliverable", or they could have use the parts to complete some '22s which required less parts. Say your car is missing TPMS, brake pedal, and night vision option you ordered. Even if they have TPMS and brake pedal, if the night vision is not available, it makes more sense to use that TPMS and brake pedal on a newer car which does not require night vision. I only used night vision as an example feature.
  3. MY21's might have been damaged in the flood earlier this year, and repairing them back to factory specifications might require equipment or materials which may not be available easily.
  4. MY22's being built have different options, for which parts are available to complete them, but not for the stuck MY21's. For example, I have seen a bunch of 22 CT 4's recently being built, but no CT Turbo's, presumably no parts for the Turbo cars but enough for 4's and maybe 4S.
Bottom line as I said earlier, shit happens, especially nowadays in the world of supply and logistics. As long as Porsche is offering your deposit back, it seems fair to me. If they asked for more money because prices went up, that would be unfair. If they sold your VIN car to someone else that would be unfair. But if they simply could not deliver the car to you, money back is standard practice. If the boat on which your car was on sunk, the insurance company would pay Porsche, you would not be getting any compensation. Notice that if they delivered it and you changed your mind, you could just let go of the same deposit. You'd probably think it would be outrageous if Porsche asked for more than just your deposit if you could not to take delivery because you lost your job and cannot get approved for a loan, so why do you think they should give you money in a form of a discount if they cannot deliver the car for reasons likely beyond their control? And yes, a discount on a car they could sell for full price is them giving you money.
This is further exacerbated with the way that Porsche builds.

Harnesses will be specific to the build, along with parts and components. Something as simple as temporary glitch in their supply chain, but tied to specific builds would have a cascade effect. And, if their MII system isn't smart enough to help with "if/then" parts adjustments, it would sideline things.

I can easily see them tying batches of parts to VINs and as a result having a batch of cars put in the penalty box while others with seemingly similar builds move on to delivery.
Sponsored

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
In Canada, I ordered in April and my car will arrive early January according to my dealer. So near 10 months wait time. That is pretty standard nowadays due to the COVID and the semiconductor shortages. There is a huge waiting list for these cars, so they can in fact transfer your built to someone else without any problem if you don't like it. We are all in the same boat and complaining will not bring the car faster to you frankly. It is highly frustrating but Porsche in the first place is not making any revenue until the car is delivered to you, so they certainly don't do this on purpose.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
In Canada, I ordered in April and my car will arrive early January according to my dealer. So near 10 months wait time. That is pretty standard nowadays due to the COVID and the semiconductor shortages. There is a huge waiting list for these cars, so they can in fact transfer your built to someone else without any problem if you don't like it. We are all in the same boat and complaining will not bring the car faster to you frankly. It is highly frustrating but Porsche in the first place is not making any revenue until the car is delivered to you, so they certainly don't do this on purpose.
Not sure what exactly is std. in respect order to delivery these days is but suspect quite a bit of variance around that 10 number - my CT was ordered on July 7th and landed in Houston Dec 8th so pretty much exactly 5 months - despite three reschedulings of freeze and build dates over a two month period. Quite a few others are seeing similar waits of 6-8 months - hopefully 10 on the long side (and of course no fun for you to have to wait that long!).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Not sure what exactly is std. in respect order to delivery these days is but suspect quite a bit of variance around that 10 number - my CT was ordered on July 7th and landed in Houston Dec 8th so pretty much exactly 5 months - despite three reschedulings of freeze and build dates over a two month period. Quite a few others are seeing similar waits of 6-8 months - hopefully 10 on the long side (and of course no fun for you to have to wait that long!).
It may depend on what you order. For example, I recently realized Porsche hasn't built almost any CT Turbos for the US (while there were very few CT Turbo S, dealers I've talked to have never had a single CT Turbo allocation). I wouldn't be surprised if Porsche optimized for profitability, allocating limited parts to higher margin cars and delaying lower margin cars instead (such as build Turbo S instead of Turbo if they only have enough parts for one or the other). If so, the lower profitability cars will get build only after all the higher profitability cars are built and there are parts leftover.

Last edited:

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I would not call 10 months standard. Timing is everything. When I cancelled that July MY21 build, I ordered a MY22 with a freeze date of 10/26. It was built by 11/14, got to Emden by 11/19 and is now on its way here. That’s less than two months. If your order was placed at a time that coincided with a specific supply chain issue you can expect a very long delay. And in the case of these particular cars from July, a parts issue sidelined them and as @Skilly said, put them in a penalty box. Just a ridiculous consequence of how Porsche manages their supply chain.

We all complained because we had no information, AT ALL. I honestly would have kept my order if I had been informed every step of the way as to why it was being delayed. The uncertainty is what was so frustrating. Now we have a working hypothesis, but we’ll never really know.

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
You have to appreciate that the US market is quite different than the Canadian one which I belong. That is also why it is different. It is all about allocation

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
You have to appreciate that the US market is quite different than the Canadian one which I belong. That is also why it is different. It is all about allocation
All markets are abnormal now. I've been waiting for an ability to order (allocation) since early summer 2021. Pre-covid times I should already have my car or expect it under the tree. ;)
Not thrilled I will not get the $7,500 EV credit being removed by the recently elected Democratic party (according to whom anyone who buys an EV priced above $55K is rich and should not be receiving any incentives from their own taxes). The only hope is they will continue to disagree with each other how to best incentivize EV's and therefore not pass a new law repealing the EV incentive (perhaps someone will propose only homeless people should qualify, since they need help the most).
Sponsored