Anyone know how to contact Porsche NA CEO?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
How does the aforementioned response by PCNA “make sense”?
In my opinion, for someone to be entitled to compensation, they’d have to show that Porsche has wronged them. I don’t think the current delays are Porsche’s fault. Even if they move certain cars up the queue and you feel “jumped”. Maybe you were. Maybe you weren’t. I don’t think either of us really knows the specifics of their production internals. But regardless, there is a real shortage affecting tons of industries across the board. And I doubt you’d be seeing these delays without it.

This isn’t any different than the other thread complaining about cars being delivered without some options installed due to shortages and people complaining about wanting compensation. I voiced the same opinion there as well.

If someone’s not happy, they should just cancel their order. I’m not sure why it has to be anymore complicated than that.

But, that’s just my opinion and how I would handle it if I were that unhappy.

That’s why I think their response is reasonable and makes sense.
Sponsored

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
If someone’s not happy, they should just cancel their order. I’m not sure why it has to be anymore complicated than that.
There are several folks on this forum that have tried to do just that & their dealer would not refund their deposits.
I was lucky in that my dealer moved my order and deposit yesterday to a MY2022 vehicle with a great config. that is on a ship arriving Nov.5, 2021.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Supply chain challenges affecting the entire globe and Im doubtful that a strongly worded email to the CEO is gonna move the needle for you. The dealerships are laying people off at this point because they have nothing to deliver. Still, they are trying to compensate with delivering partially finished cars and people and many are complaining about that too.

They can't win.

You can cancel your order and opt for a used option, but even those with a year of depleted warranty and low miles are fetching top dollar. And, a 'I'd like to speak to the manager' move won't (and shouldn't) get the results that make you jump in front of anyone else in line with the same challenge.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There are several folks on this forum that have tried to do just that & their dealer would not refund their deposits.
I was lucky in that my dealer moved my order and deposit yesterday to a MY2022 vehicle with a great config. that is on a ship arriving Nov.5, 2021.
Illegal in CA to do that...I'm guessing that it's not the only state with that kind of protection.

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Illegal in CA to do that...I'm guessing that it's not the only state with that kind of protection.

I happily did a chargeback when a dealer in Texas wouldn't refund me my deposit last year after delays and I was able to find an allocation out of state.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Which end of this were you on?
I had ordered my first brand new 911 in August to be delivered on my birthday in December (back in 2013). Build date was october something. Beginning of november i called the dealer asking for update and they told me they gave my slot to one of their best customers. Without Letting me know or anything. I called PCNA and they told me that each dealer does what they please with orders and deliveries. Sorry for typos. Using iphone

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
What is the law regarding deposits in CA?

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag

But, that’s just my opinion and how I would handle it if I were that unhappy.

That’s why I think their response is reasonable and makes sense.
Sure, I'd love to cancel and order MY22, but my sales manager is being a dick and says that because I ordered such an unusual color he knows he he'll have trouble selling the car. I specced Cherry Red with beige interior, apparently so exotic that he can't give me back my $10k. (YES 10k!!!) I called another two dealers in Chicago who both said they would have no problem moving a Cherry Red CT and also that the deposit was excessive, they both do $3500. So you'll have to excuse our frustration @Jhenson29, many of us are dealing with dealers who are not being sympathetic to the situation. I honestly wish I had researched my dealer more before giving the deposit.

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
Sure, I'd love to cancel and order MY22, but my sales manager is being a dick and says that because I ordered such an unusual color he knows he he'll have trouble selling the car. I specced Cherry Red with beige interior, apparently so exotic that he can't give me back my $10k. (YES 10k!!!) I called another two dealers in Chicago who both said they would have no problem moving a Cherry Red CT and also that the deposit was excessive, they both do $3500. So you'll have to excuse our frustration @Jhenson29, many of us are dealing with dealers who are not being sympathetic to the situation. I honestly wish I had researched my dealer more before giving the deposit.
which shitty dealer is this? blast them out so others dont make the same mistake. unexcusable for people to be such thieves. Tell them when you sell the car will you refund me my 10K? or just get another dealer to trade with them.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
which shitty dealer is this? blast them out so others dont make the same mistake. unexcusable for people to be such thieves. Tell them when you sell the car will you refund me my 10K? or just get another dealer to trade with them.
Napleton Porsche in Westmont, IL

I’ve sent a request directly to the GM now and lodged a complaint with Porsche NA(did some digging and found out who the regional rep is for the Chicago area). I found an allocation for a MY22 at another dealer that locks on Wednesday. So I’m hoping the pressure I put will bear fruit. I’m supposed to get a call tomorrow.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
You wrote:

“This isn’t any different than the other thread complaining about cars being delivered without some options installed due to shortages and people complaining about wanting compensation. I voiced the same opinion there as well.”

I beg to differ there is, indeed, a very real difference between someone that has a partially completed car in their possession and someone that has their vehicle languishing in a veritable purgatory with no particular end in sight. Equally, and again, there’s a very real difference between someone that has their partially completed car delivered in the model year in which it was contracted vs. someone that will potentially take delivery of their vehicle with a year of depreciation already priced in.

Again you wrote:

“If someone’s not happy, they should just cancel their order. I’m not sure why it has to be anymore complicated than that.”

Here we agree yet, to our dismay some dealers aren’t making this a viable option when there’s a blatant refusal to refund deposits held on vehicles ordered seven months ago and remain undelivered while the production line continues to produce what is now a new model year. PCNA and some dealers are making it *complicated*....

To be clear, if you re-read my initial post I didn’t say I was entitled to compensation even though I *might* portend that me and others like me in the same situation were, in fact, economically wronged by Porsche. Particularly when one takes into account that delivery of a vehicle effectively one year old carries a material obsolescence that renders it inherently less valuable than the same car ordered in the same year in which it was to be delivered.

Now we all know that PCNA will claim this is a case of force majeure and, perhaps, that’s true but here’s what I do know through the help of a few kind members of this forum that were able to get me information that neither PCNA nor my dealer was willing to provide:

By extrapolating my VIN through a process detailed on this forum and based on same my car is missing four (4) items: an acoustic simulator (WMG6) , a phone console retrofit (WMG1), a TPMS control unit (WMGO) and a second key. NONE of these issues requires a stop sale with the exception of the TPMS and this forum is littered with postings of members experiencing the same exact short issues yet their cars were still shipped to port and MOST have already been delivered in due course; ALL in the year in which they were ordered. To wit…I know of no one that has posted that their car has been in port for three months at best and nearly four months at worst and is still awaiting these parts.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
At the moment, the notion that there is depreciation is not well backed by the market data. I don't think that will change much till 2023. Other than having a different MY than delivery (potentially), your car is worth what the market will withstand. Unless you have a build that no one else wants your dealership could sell your car 3x over the second you cancel the order.

It doesn't make much sense that they are holding you up cancelling your order. Did you in fact, try to do that? Which state are you in - I mentioned earlier that in some states it's illegal keep your deposit.
Sponsored