Anyone know how to contact Porsche NA CEO?

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
Napleton Porsche in Westmont, IL

I’ve sent a request directly to the GM now and lodged a complaint with Porsche NA(did some digging and found out who the regional rep is for the Chicago area). I found an allocation for a MY22 at another dealer that locks on Wednesday. So I’m hoping the pressure I put will bear fruit. I’m supposed to get a call tomorrow.
That is the dealer that f*cked, I wish all of them nothing well, all of the staff is just bunch of crooks. They can sit on their cars and all go to h*ll! They strung me around and gave me the run around in august for a month for a car and then canceled the deal on me after I signed the papers. saying the manager doesn't want to do the deal anymore, I contacted PNA and they don't give a f*ck! I know who the regional rep is and they don't care either. Avoid all Chicago dealers as they are all bunch of crooks! Peoria is horrible as well, they tried to black mailing me and forcing me to use their financing, said If I don't the price of the car will go up. Against federal laws. I lost my allocations at my home dealer and numerous other cars because of these two dealers that wasted two months of my time. Peoria kept on saying they are busy and not available, they got customer. Im a customer too, they dont care at all. In 25 of buying cars, ive never met such crooks as these two dealers. horrible
Sponsored

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
That is the dealer that f*cked, I wish all of them nothing well, all of the staff is just bunch of crooks. They can sit on their cars and all go to h*ll! They strung me around and gave me the run around in august for a month for a car and then canceled the deal on me after I signed the papers. saying the manager doesn't want to do the deal anymore, I contacted PNA and they don't give a f*ck! I know who the regional rep is and they don't care either. Avoid all Chicago dealers as they are all bunch of crooks! Peoria is horrible as well, they tried to black mailing me and forcing me to use their financing, said If I don't the price of the car will go up. Against federal laws. I lost my allocations at my home dealer and numerous other cars because of these two dealers that wasted two months of my time. Peoria kept on saying they are busy and not available, they got customer. Im a customer too, they dont care at all. In 25 of buying cars, ive never met such crooks as these two dealers. horrible
Alright, so I can happily say, VICTORY IS MINE!

After emailing the regional rep and contacting the general manager directly, they finally agreed to return my deposit! From what I can glean from this situation, the sales manager was the asshole here. The GM had no idea about my situation, hadn't even heard my name or order mentioned by the sales manager. So after a 5 minute conversation, he understood and agreed to return my deposit. "Coincidentally" I got an email from the regional rep an hour later telling me he was on top of the situation and apologizing for the frustration. In the end I have it in writing, they are issuing my refund check today. I already found a more reputable Chicago dealer, locked in a MY22 CT and my deposit is only $3500. The freeze date is in two days and delivery of the MY22 CT is 1/7/22, a week before the supposed delivery date of my MY21.

Can't believe I got it done.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
You wrote:
FYI, you have to mention me or quote me (like I just did to you)…or else I have no idea you responded to me. I just happened to click this thread to read updates.

I didn’t read the rest of your response, so I don’t have anything else. Just a friendly heads up on how responding works. ?

BDVancouver

First Name
BCBill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered a Taycan 4S in March Delivery Aug31, the Sept 1 then Oct 1 then Nov 14 then January 24. I emailed the VP communications Porsche headquarters Stuttgart. Find it on their corporate site under “media” or “press”. I got action but ended up cancelling my order. Will reorder for a 2022 model. Also got $ from Porsche for my trouble. Good luck

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
FYI, you have to mention me or quote me (like I just did to you)…or else I have no idea you responded to me. I just happened to click this thread to read updates.

I didn’t read the rest of your response, so I don’t have anything else. Just a friendly heads up on how responding works. ?

Sorry… got it, thanks. It’s all good. ?

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
I ordered a Taycan 4S in March Delivery Aug31, the Sept 1 then Oct 1 then Nov 14 then January 24. I emailed the VP communications Porsche headquarters Stuttgart. Find it on their corporate site under “media” or “press”. I got action but ended up cancelling my order. Will reorder for a 2022 model. Also got $ from Porsche for my trouble. Good luck
What kind of action did you receive from them?

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
yes thats surprising. I havent heard of anyone in the US getting any sort of acknowledgement or actual expllanation (other than the canned "global chip shortage beyond our control" apology), much less compensation! Maybe PCNA operates different in Canada? I believe some European customers have received substantial discounts in exchange for accpeting their long delayed '21s. Does not seem like that will be the case here in the US.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Huh? There’s a batch of ‘21 cars that entered production in July and are still awaiting CP.08 status. At present there are ‘22 configs rolling off the production line, either complete or relatively complete, that are on ships or in customer’s hands. How does the aforementioned response by PCNA “make sense”?
Welcome to unpredictable world. I've ordered parts which took so long to arrive that I received two later orders before the original order arrived. Porsche in this case did not cause the delay, factors completely out of their control affected your delivery. As long as you can get your deposit back, it seems like a reasonable resolution. If they give you a MY22 allocation, that's good customer service. I know it sucks, but that is the real world. If you got COVID and died, Porsche would not sue your estate to pay for the whole car either. Shit happens, the key is to adapt and move on.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes thats surprising. I havent heard of anyone in the US getting any sort of acknowledgement or actual expllanation (other than the canned "global chip shortage beyond our control" apology), much less compensation! Maybe PCNA operates different in Canada? I believe some European customers have received substantial discounts in exchange for accpeting their long delayed '21s. Does not seem like that will be the case here in the US.
Maybe in USA PCNA knows they don't need to give any discounts to accept delayed '21s because they can sell them at MSRP or higher. I do think if the delivery is delayed beyond some reasonable threshold, PCNA should offer a complete deposit refund (did not deliver on contract terms), but beyond that it's just business. Perhaps in Canada they thought selling the delayed '21s to the original order owner was better for them then trying to find new buyers. I suspect in the USA if you ordered some really unpopular configuration (e.g. Turbo S in custom brown color with green leather and pink stitching, personalized engraved headrests, etc.), you might still get a discount offer to not drop the order.

I suspect future orders of Porsche will include extended delivery terms, something like 12 months from time or order perhaps. Out of curiosity, for those who ordered '21, was there any delivery limit in your contracts at all, or is Porsche free to deliver it in 10 years if they wish?

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Welcome to unpredictable world. I've ordered parts which took so long to arrive that I received two later orders before the original order arrived. Porsche in this case did not cause the delay, factors completely out of their control affected your delivery. As long as you can get your deposit back, it seems like a reasonable resolution. If they give you a MY22 allocation, that's good customer service. I know it sucks, but that is the real world. If you got COVID and died, Porsche would not sue your estate to pay for the whole car either. Shit happens, the key is to adapt and move on.
Yet another poster that didn’t read this lament in it's entirety and simply commented on this whole debacle with a an eye towards it being Covid related. Read the whole thread. There’s a batch of cars stuck in production since July. Cars that entered production just prior and after are being produced and delivered. These particular cars are not even though the open campaigns reflecting missing parts are exactly the same as the aforementioned completed and delivered vehicles . This, to my mind, has little if anything to do with Covid.

A replacement '22 allocation would be nice, you know what would be nicer? That same allocation at the same discount I negotiated seven months go with a conscionable delivery date given my already inordinately long wait. Be that as it may neither PCNA nor my dealer has offered anything at all. THAT'S the opposite of good customer service...

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yet another poster that didn’t read this lament in it's entirety and simply commented on this whole debacle with a an eye towards it being Covid related. Read the whole thread. There’s a batch of cars stuck in production since July. Cars that entered production just prior and after are being produced and delivered. These particular cars are not even though the open campaigns reflecting missing parts are exactly the same as the aforementioned completed and delivered vehicles . This, to my mind, has little if anything to do with Covid.

A replacement '22 allocation would be nice, you know what would be nicer? That same allocation at the same discount I negotiated seven months go with a conscionable delivery date given my already inordinately long wait. Be that as it may neither PCNA nor my dealer has offered anything at all. THAT'S the opposite of good customer service...
I actually did read the entire lament and stand by my original statement - logistics in the COVID world are bananas and I can absolutely see how MY22 cars end up being delivered before MY21 outside of control of Porsche. Use your imagination a little. I can think of a number of reasons this could happen, which include but are not limited to:
  1. MY21's were build missing parts, but Porsche decided to ship them somewhere along the way to the USA, whether elsewhere in Germany or other place. Once the parts became available, it is possible the 21's were somewhere not easily accessible (stuck in some warehouse for example)
  2. MY21's which are missing parts are missing more than the MY22's needed to be complete. Yes, Porsche could have made the 21's "more complete, but still not deliverable", or they could have use the parts to complete some '22s which required less parts. Say your car is missing TPMS, brake pedal, and night vision option you ordered. Even if they have TPMS and brake pedal, if the night vision is not available, it makes more sense to use that TPMS and brake pedal on a newer car which does not require night vision. I only used night vision as an example feature.
  3. MY21's might have been damaged in the flood earlier this year, and repairing them back to factory specifications might require equipment or materials which may not be available easily.
  4. MY22's being built have different options, for which parts are available to complete them, but not for the stuck MY21's. For example, I have seen a bunch of 22 CT 4's recently being built, but no CT Turbo's, presumably no parts for the Turbo cars but enough for 4's and maybe 4S.
Bottom line as I said earlier, shit happens, especially nowadays in the world of supply and logistics. As long as Porsche is offering your deposit back, it seems fair to me. If they asked for more money because prices went up, that would be unfair. If they sold your VIN car to someone else that would be unfair. But if they simply could not deliver the car to you, money back is standard practice. If the boat on which your car was on sunk, the insurance company would pay Porsche, you would not be getting any compensation. Notice that if they delivered it and you changed your mind, you could just let go of the same deposit. You'd probably think it would be outrageous if Porsche asked for more than just your deposit if you could not to take delivery because you lost your job and cannot get approved for a loan, so why do you think they should give you money in a form of a discount if they cannot deliver the car for reasons likely beyond their control? And yes, a discount on a car they could sell for full price is them giving you money.

BDVancouver

First Name
BCBill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What kind of action did you receive from them?
I have now ordered my MY22 Taycan 4S. Addded additional options and am within a few hundred dollar of the MY21 that I cancelled. With the issue behind me I remain a Porsche fan. The new one goes into production in January. While a delivery date was mentioned I am assuming it will be some unknown time in 2022.

mcnics

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escalade, Porsche C4S, Porsche Macan S, Jeep Wrang
Country flag
Alright, so I can happily say, VICTORY IS MINE!

After emailing the regional rep and contacting the general manager directly, they finally agreed to return my deposit! From what I can glean from this situation, the sales manager was the asshole here. The GM had no idea about my situation, hadn't even heard my name or order mentioned by the sales manager. So after a 5 minute conversation, he understood and agreed to return my deposit. "Coincidentally" I got an email from the regional rep an hour later telling me he was on top of the situation and apologizing for the frustration. In the end I have it in writing, they are issuing my refund check today. I already found a more reputable Chicago dealer, locked in a MY22 CT and my deposit is only $3500. The freeze date is in two days and delivery of the MY22 CT is 1/7/22, a week before the supposed delivery date of my MY21.

Can't believe I got it done.
I am in the same boat. Ordered late March early April. Car produced in July and no delivery date. I want them to commit to when I am going to get my car or push my exact order to a ‘22 at same price. Total B.S. 4 th car from this dealer and they don’t give a S- - t!!!
Any advice appreciated. Only getting status when I call and dealer never reached out to me first!!!!

mcnics

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escalade, Porsche C4S, Porsche Macan S, Jeep Wrang
Country flag
Sure, I'd love to cancel and order MY22, but my sales manager is being a dick and says that because I ordered such an unusual color he knows he he'll have trouble selling the car. I specced Cherry Red with beige interior, apparently so exotic that he can't give me back my $10k. (YES 10k!!!) I called another two dealers in Chicago who both said they would have no problem moving a Cherry Red CT and also that the deposit was excessive, they both do $3500. So you'll have to excuse our frustration @Jhenson29, many of us are dealing with dealers who are not being sympathetic to the situation. I honestly wish I had researched my dealer more before giving the deposit.
I have to assume Westmont Porsche....10k is ridiculous!!!

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have to assume Westmont Porsche....10k is ridiculous!!!
Yup. Westmont. Got my deposit back and went to Lincolnwood. $3500 deposit, MY22, and it’s already on the Siem Aristotle. Should be here in US soil in less than a week.
Sponsored