Anyone successfully have Porsche service address seat rattling?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Most of my friends who have Porsches tell me that they have rattles that they have learned to live with. I get it, it is about driving, and the cars are quite stiff, so rattles are somewhat inevitable.

However, I have an increasingly annoying rattle that comes from the adjustable headrest in my 14 way seats. I believe this is the source because if I place my hand on the headrest going over bumps it won't rattle. It seems to be getting worse, although it may be just my annoyance at it. My question is whether it is worth even asking service to address, or if it is going to be one of those things that they diagnose as normal and (frustratingly) won't really fix.

I'd love to hear if people have successfully addressed this either from a dealer service or even by taking apart the headrest themselves. Ironically, the headrest works and adjusts perfectly, and it seems quite solid when moving in and out as designed. I am certainly aware that this issue is small potatoes compared to some of the things that other people are going through, but it is what I have going on right now.
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
While not a priority, I'd certainly reach out to my dealer to address this. Hell, the car cost you north of a $120K. It should be perfect!

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
Most of my friends who have Porsches tell me that they have rattles that they have learned to live with. I get it, it is about driving, and the cars are quite stiff, so rattles are somewhat inevitable.

However, I have an increasingly annoying rattle that comes from the adjustable headrest in my 14 way seats. I believe this is the source because if I place my hand on the headrest going over bumps it won't rattle. It seems to be getting worse, although it may be just my annoyance at it. My question is whether it is worth even asking service to address, or if it is going to be one of those things that they diagnose as normal and (frustratingly) won't really fix.

I'd love to hear if people have successfully addressed this either from a dealer service or even by taking apart the headrest themselves. Ironically, the headrest works and adjusts perfectly, and it seems quite solid when moving in and out as designed. I am certainly aware that this issue is small potatoes compared to some of the things that other people are going through, but it is what I have going on right now.
Have you tried adjusting the headrest say to full out then back to where you want it.
I have the 14 way seats as well and sometimes they creak a bit but this is resolved by just adjusting the seat electrically a fraction.

Worth a go.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Mine did it the whole first week I had the car whenever I hit uneven pavement, It's a really annoying rattle, terrible sound. It was the passenger side only on my car.

I pulled the headrest all the way out, then pushed it all the way in, and punched it pretty hard. Voila, no more rattle.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have an increasingly annoying rattle that comes from the adjustable headrest in my 14 way seats. I believe this is the source because if I place my hand on the headrest going over bumps it won't rattle. It seems to be getting worse, although it may be just my annoyance at it. My question is whether it is worth even asking service to address, or if it is going to be one of those things that they diagnose as normal and (frustratingly) won't really fix.
Not fully addressing your question, but for your awareness of how some others have addressed this problem:
Sponsored