Anyone used Tesla supercharger yet?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I've said it a while ago in the forum that my guess is that Tesla will open up their Superchargers. Some new infos are "leaking" that it might be becoming reality.

Fingers crossed..
this is nonsense. it will almost certainly never happen.
Sponsored

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Guessing that for safety reasons your not allowed to sit in the car whilst this is charging?
Why? These cables are a fully shielded and liquid cooled. Everybody sits in the car...

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Why? These cables are a fully shielded and liquid cooled. Everybody sits in the car...
Because I thought wireless charging involved no cables and the car sat on a pad that emitted some kind of RF or microwave waves? If that’s the case then wouldn’t there be an issue?

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
it is not possible for ANY car that is not a tesla to use a supercharger
I’m asking this question because of the following that I read on Zap map...

Porsche Taycan Anyone used Tesla supercharger yet? FCDE9131-24F6-42A0-A27E-EEE3CB0DC2E3

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
this is nonsense. it will almost certainly never happen.
Even if it doesn't happen now (though at least it's a physical possibility in EU), it will eventually happen once there's a billion CCS chargers everywhere, and it's no longer a marketing advantage for Tesla.

The day is coming that Tesla will have to support CCS in the US. It'll likely be more than 5 years away, but that day is still coming. There are way more CCS networks being built out, and even regional utility companies are getting in on the game.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Because I thought wireless charging involved no cables and the car sat on a pad that emitted some kind of RF or microwave waves? If that’s the case then wouldn’t there be an issue?
his response was about the way charging is currently done with cables.
wireless charging really doesn't exist yet.
I don't see any advantage to sitting on a pad or charging car in and the companies providing the chargers already have a lot invested in the current tech and converting to wireless would add additional unnecessary costs to providing the charging

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I’m asking this question because of the following that I read on Zap map...

FCDE9131-24F6-42A0-A27E-EEE3CB0DC2E3.png
you shouldn't take everything that is on the internet seriously.
at this point in time there is really no incentive for tesla to open their network up to other vehicles.

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Neither RF nor microwave frequencies are close to the ionizing range of electromagnetic energy, the type that you should worry about when it comes to DNA damage. That starts at ultraviolet (multi Terahertz) and up.

But there could be some concern about sitting in the car and having other electronics on or with you that could have antenna-like structures that inadvertently pick up that energy too, although shielding could be designed into the car to mitigate that. The FCC may also require something like this should it come to reality.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Guessing that for safety reasons your not allowed to sit in the car whilst this is charging? Thinking about the cancer risk posed by Electrical pylons that people are studying and the effects of high power Electromagnetic forces on the human body. Can you confirm if this is the case in this setup?
OFFS:rolleyes:

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
New owner questions. I just purchased the Tesla to J-1772 adapter, anyone else have experience with this, any tips?

Porsche Taycan Anyone used Tesla supercharger yet? Capture.JPG

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
New owner questions. I just purchased the Tesla to J-1772 adapter, anyone else have experience with this, any tips?

Capture.JPG
that will work only on L2 tesla destination chargers, do you know it's amps?