OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Thanks to all that replied, think I know the answer now.
Sponsored

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Not quite sure what you meant by that reply?
really?

Oh for f**cks sake.
It was a comment on your basic lack of understanding of the interaction of EM emissions and the human body. Ever heard of MRIs?

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
really?

Oh for f**cks sake.
It was a comment on your basic lack of understanding of the interaction of EM emissions and the human body. Ever heard of MRIs?
Yes I’ve heard of MRI’s but don’t know anything about Wireless charging, hence asking the question. Not really sure what the issue is as I thought these Forums were for asking questions and getting reasonable answers from people.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
this is nonsense. it will almost certainly never happen.
I see Kort still going around with your great attitude.
It has been rumored many times by Tesla insiders and hinted by Elon himself.
When Elon visited Volkswagen in Germany, at the exact same time they had a "bug" that let other EVs charge at the superchargers. What a coincidence!

Try being a little more optimistic. It makes absolute sense for Tesla these days. At least in europe we see a significant growth in charging networks. So the advantage of the supercharger network is shrinking. The next step to crush the competition would be to open them up for half the price others are asking. Some like Ionity here ask for almost a dollar per kwh! Easy win for Tesla.

I say let's wait and see.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Because I thought wireless charging involved no cables and the car sat on a pad that emitted some kind of RF or microwave waves? If that’s the case then wouldn’t there be an issue?
I see what you mean, I totally misunderstood your post. The station in the picture uses cables.

Power is transferred via magnetic field, not RF waves. The magnetic field is harmless and the inductive coils in the car and the pod on the ground can be shielded. If properly engineered, there is no safety issue...

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I see Kort still going around with your great attitude.
It has been rumored many times by Tesla insiders and hinted by Elon himself.
When Elon visited Volkswagen in Germany, at the exact same time they had a "bug" that let other EVs charge at the superchargers. What a coincidence!

Try being a little more optimistic. It makes absolute sense for Tesla these days. At least in europe we see a significant growth in charging networks. So the advantage of the supercharger network is shrinking. The next step to crush the competition would be to open them up for half the price others are asking. Some like Ionity here ask for almost a dollar per kwh! Easy win for Tesla.

I say let's wait and see.
do I need to outline the long list of Elonisms?
I am still awaiting that cross USA trip on FSD he promised in 2015
or more currently the intro of the model S plaid.
Elon's remarks hold very little credibility

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Thanks for the link, I’ll have a read of that. Guess it’s like the 12v issue in that everyone’s talked it to death! ?
I remember that thread and it is different to your very valid question.

Siress

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 93 928GTS, 94 911 C2, 93 500E
Country flag
Tesla Superchargers are not open. Car manufacturers have to partner with Tesla and that comes with caveats—including paying Tesla maintenance fees to use the network. I don’t think that’s going to happen since Porsche has an agreement with Electrify America.
In addition, VW owns Electrify America and Porsche

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Guessing that for safety reasons your not allowed to sit in the car whilst this is charging? Thinking about the cancer risk posed by Electrical pylons that people are studying and the effects of high power Electromagnetic forces on the human body. Can you confirm if this is the case in this setup?
Thanks to everyone for all the replies so far, looking like it’s a no then. Anyone know if there is a fast charger around the south mimms area apart from Ecotricity? From previous experience when they do decide to work, they usually shut down far earlier than you want! Lol
You certainly can sit in your car while it is charging, and I personally would not worry about cancer. The 50KW - 350KW chargers are DC voltage and don't generate Electromagnetic fields that affect human health (remember that we live in a DC field that generates magnetism that makes the compass work, and there are no credible studies of negative health effects of DC power lines).

The use of alternating current has also been studied, and the only area where there is a possible health effect is in close proximity to 800 KV power lines (think huge towers with three phases of AC power carrying power from remote generation facilities to distribution substations).

In the case of Taycan or Tesla charging you will either be using 50KW - 350KW DC fast chargers, or 240 V AC. Remember that 240 V AC is the voltage level you are exposing yourself to every day of your life in your home - I wouldn't worry about that.

I think the real risk to health in the transportation world is hanging around gasoline/petrol refueling stations and inhaling the fumes :)
Sponsored