SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Hello everyone, this forum has been awesome. I would like some help if you have:

- Received a 2022 Turbo as of recent. I test drove a 2020 but I cannot see any 2021 or 2022 anywhere.
- I asked the dealer if there are any open slots in the US for 2022 and they told me No. There are 20 total slots in the US but none are open which makes no sense to me. They said we can place the order and you may get one in October but that is too vague of a timeline and not sure if a 2023 model year may be a better bet if I am willing to wait till end of this year to get one,
- I see some are actually waiting on a 2022 Turbo so I would be interested in the build codes to compare.

This is mine that I seek inputs from the forum after test driving Base and 4S on multi-day drives with EA charging and then a Turbo on short around town drive with a sales guy that was not very insightful.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNH5WQG0

I cannot figure out a couple of things at the moment since I am totally new to EVs and just a researcher at best:

HP/TQ: There is no chart that is showing HP and Torque in different modes. The only spec that I see is power up to 616hp, with overboost with launch control up to 670hp, and Torque is only listed as 626 lb.-ft max with launch control. I guess I am looking to see what kind of hp/tq possible in daily driving if in Normal, Sport, and Sport+. Also, Sports Chrono does not have the Sport Response button on the wheel mode control for max power for 20 sec (while moving) which is a feature I would have liked to see in the Taycan instead of the Launch mode sequence that can only be done from stand still.

Cosmetics: I wonder if someone can share what is the quality of the mirror base without $660 mirror gloss or $900 exterior gloss package. The bottom of the mirror is already in exterior color on the Turbo standard. I did not like the plastic on the Base/4S without $660 option but totally missed to inspect the mirror on the Turbo drive as it was raining and the guy was rushing me.

2-zone vs. 4-zone: I am conflicted on this one. I do not need the 4-zone for functional reasons on the back as it is just not necessary for that small of a back seat area. However, I do need front foot well temp to be adjustable to warmer. I have 4-zone in the Cayenne and it is very practical in that size of a vehicle and I use all the adjustments that come with it in the PCM. I wonder if anyone having a 4-sone can chime on the features of the 4-zone they find useful that are missing with 2-zone. Also, are rear vents mechanical on a 2-zone with air open/close sliders.
Sponsored

Last edited:

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Hello everyone, this forum has been awesome. I would like some help if you have:

- Received a 2022 Turbo as of recent. I test drove a 2020 but I cannot see any 2021 or 2022 anywhere.
- I asked the dealer if there are any open slots in the US for 2022 and they told me No. There are 20 total slots in the US but none are open which makes no sense to me. They said we can place the order and you may get one in October but that is too vague of a timeline and not sure if a 2023 model year may be a better bet if I am willing to wait till end of this year to get one,
- I see some are actually waiting on a 2022 Turbo so I would be interested in the build codes to compare.

This is mine that I seek inputs from the forum after test driving Base and 4S on multi-day drives with EA charging and then a Turbo on short around town drive with a sales guy that was not very insightful.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNH5WQG0

I cannot figure out a couple of things at the moment since I am totally new to EVs and just a researcher at best:

HP/TQ: There is no chart that is showing HP and Torque in different modes. The only spec that I see is power up to 460hp, with overboost with launch control up to 500, and Torque is only listed as 626 lb.-ftmax with launch control. I guess I am looking to see what kind of hp/tq possible in daily driving if in Normal, Sport, and Sport+. Also, Sports Chrono does not have the button in the middle for max power for 20 sec (while moving) which is a feature I would have liked to see in the Taycan instead of the Launch mode sequence that can only be done from stand still.

Cosmetics: I wonder if someone can share what is the quality of the mirror base if $660 mirror gloss or $900 exterior gloss package. The bottom of the mirror is already in exterior color. I did not like the plastic on the Base/4S without $660 option but totally missed to inspect the mirror on the Turbo drive as it was raining and the guy was rushing me.

2-zone vs. 4-zone: I am conflicted on this one. I do not need the 4-zone for functional reasons on the back as it is just not necessary for that small of a back seat area. However, I do need front foot well temp to be adjustable to warmer. I have 4-zone in the Cayenne and it is very practical in that size of a vehicle and I use all the adjustments that come with it in the PCM. I wonder if anyone having a 4-sone can chime on the features of the 4-zone.
The turbo has 616hp and 670hp in boost; I don't believe this changes in the modes (and haven't noticed any difference). maybe it adjust throttle response? I can tell you, I have not wanted for performance in any mode.

I opted for the 4-zone because I felt like the manual cheapened the overall look in the rear and it adds the ability to change front foot well temps. The 4-zone basically puts a touch screen in the rear that reproduces the setting configuration you see in the front of the car - focused, individual, defused - and being able to drag a circle around to direct flow.