Anyone with Burmester and/or the stock stereo mind testing this to see if you have interior rattle?

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Car is in for the N'th time (stretching my ability to count this on two hands...) and I told them I do not want it back until it's been dealt with. Now I have a loaner also with the Bose stereo, and it has the same nasty issue of sounding like a car about to come a part.

I'd like someone with the Burmester stereo package to test these songs to see if maybe it's the way the Bose speaker chambers resonate nearby panels, or if it's entirely the build quality of the car that is not up to par.

The volume level might be different due to the speaker count differences between the two systems, but it should be relatively loud, but not tinnitus-inducing. Mind you it's better to test while driving.

My tested volume levels with Bose:
Volume - 20 to 25
Bass - 0 to +3

If you have the Bose system and haven't noticed anything, don't try this. Trust me. :(

Sponsored

Last edited:

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Car is in for the N'th time (stretching my ability to count this on two hands...) and I told them I do not want it back until it's been dealt with. Now I have a loaner also with the Bose stereo, and it has the same nasty issue of sounding like a car about to come a part.

I'd like someone with the Burmester stereo package to test these songs to see if maybe it's the way the Bose speaker chambers resonate nearby panels, or if it's entirely the build quality of the car that is not up to par.

The volume level might be different due to the speaker count differences between the two systems, but it should be relatively loud, but not tinnitus-inducing. Mind you it's better to test while driving.

Volume - 20 to 25
Bass - 0 to +3

If you have the Bose system and haven't noticed anything, don't try this. Trust me. :(
I can try in ~2 weeks when my taycan gets back from the detailer.

I had a competition grade system in my model S. It required substantial sound deadening in the doors and console. Have you tried any of that? A high end audio shop is probably better suited to solve the problem than your dealer.

TontoTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I played Noma and Fisher at volume 20. I think my bass is a couple notches above 0, but didn't check.

I have Burmester and didn't hear any rattle. Whew. I wasn't sure what to expect because I don't play music that loud.

OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
I played Noma and Fisher at volume 20. I think my bass is a couple notches above 0, but didn't check.

I have Burmester and didn't hear any rattle. Whew. I wasn't sure what to expect because I don't play music that loud.
This is why I said it would be better to drive. I play music between 20 - 25. Never lower or higher. The reason is because there's a setting that adjusts perceived volume while driving. Stand-still listening at 25 can be unbearable, while driving less so. It does depend on the song.

I've just recorded what it sounds like. Just going to upload it to YT and then I'll plug it in the top post.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Volume - 20 to 25
Bass - 0 to +3

I just listened to few seconds of two songs....its the music, its un-listenable. Try some AC/DC or Dire Sraits, maybe some Pink Floyd or Talking Heads.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I'll try next time I am driving the car, in a day or so.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I just listened to few seconds of two songs....its the music, its un-listenable. Try some AC/DC or Dire Sraits, maybe some Pink Floyd or Talking Heads.
Brothers in Arms is one of my favorite songs to demo.

OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Pissing contest for who likes the oldest music? Anyways, let me have a go:

I just listened to a few seconds of your bands. They're unlistenable.

Trying to be find a serious fault here.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Pissing contest for who likes the oldest music? Anyways, let me have a go:

I just listened to a few seconds of your bands. They're unlistenable.

Trying to be find a serious fault here.
Ahhhh. Yeah, I guess classic music, actually played by humans, musicians.....

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Ahhhh. Yeah, I guess classic music, actually played by humans, musicians.....
This is a pretty funny thread. Some of us older drivers are still listening to the MC5 and don't think this music is unlistenable. Sure I have some Dre and other tame music like NWA on my playlist, but don't mind Oinks test tracks at all. Nice having the Burmester in the car no matter what's playing

dgompper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Well, I listened to Monteverdi's Vespers (1611) on my drive home from Ann Arbor yesterday. Such glorious music on a top-notch system. No rattles in this MY21, thankfully.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is a pretty funny thread. Some of us older drivers are still listening to the MC5 and don't think this music is unlistenable. Sure I have some Dre and other tame music like NWA on my playlist, but don't mind Oinks test tracks at all. Nice having the Burmester in the car no matter what's playing
I'm old, closed minded and set in my ways.

Rock and Roll, PERIOD.

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I know this is a bold claim, but THIS is the ultimate song to tune your base too.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I know this is a bold claim, but THIS is the ultimate song to tune your base too.
Raves were fun too. There's so much great music out there and the Taycan is the perfect car for driving and listening too (IMHO)
Sponsored