Anyone with Burmester and/or the stock stereo mind testing this to see if you have interior rattle?

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Have you tried this without just using a bluetooth connection? Same song as a .flac on a USB drive or Apple CarPlay (wireless or wired).

I think the limitations could be bluetooth and not the car, i.e. the speakers are perfectly transmitting what they are receiving by bluetooth.
Sponsored

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I once started hearing a rattle while music with a lot of bass played. I got pretty scared. Then I checked my door and had some coins in there.

I will try one of your songs though and see if that cracks my door panels out of place.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The volume level might be different due to the speaker count differences between the two systems, but it should be relatively loud, but not tinnitus-inducing. Mind you it's better to test while driving.
I have the BOSE system in my car and I can not hear any rattles or other sounds that should not be there. I have listened to your suggested tracks and I can not hear any difference playing this in the car and listening with my BOSE headset?

I would not play music this loud anyway but I tried it, both at standstill and whilst driving. I then also did the same with my headset.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
So I tried your songs and at very loud levels with high base I might caught some rattle, but it's hard to tell. Music that consists of 95% base with volume that high won't make it into my life anyway, even if my door would rattle. I think this test, most cars wouldn't pass. There is a physical limit to everything.

OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
I have the BOSE system in my car and I can not hear any rattles or other sounds that should not be there. I have listened to your suggested tracks and I can not hear any difference playing this in the car and listening with my BOSE headset?

I would not play music this loud anyway but I tried it, both at standstill and whilst driving. I then also did the same with my headset.
hopefully that means they will be able to fix it. My loaner has the same problem.

So I tried your songs and at very loud levels with high base I might caught some rattle, but it's hard to tell. Music that consists of 95% base with volume that high won't make it into my life anyway, even if my door would rattle. I think this test, most cars wouldn't pass. There is a physical limit to everything.
94 golf passes this ($500 audio upgrade with subwoofer), so does my old A4, and whatever audio system I can throw at it.

If you guys don't hear anything, then I guess both my car and the loaner are just shoddily out together. It's been in for a week now. 8th time I'm in for the rattles. 7 times they "fixed" it. Hopefully they're done this week. The loaner is boring. :(

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Car is in for the N'th time (stretching my ability to count this on two hands...) and I told them I do not want it back until it's been dealt with. Now I have a loaner also with the Bose stereo, and it has the same nasty issue of sounding like a car about to come a part.

I'd like someone with the Burmester stereo package to test these songs to see if maybe it's the way the Bose speaker chambers resonate nearby panels, or if it's entirely the build quality of the car that is not up to par.

The volume level might be different due to the speaker count differences between the two systems, but it should be relatively loud, but not tinnitus-inducing. Mind you it's better to test while driving.

My tested volume levels with Bose:
Volume - 20 to 25
Bass - 0 to +3

If you have the Bose system and haven't noticed anything, don't try this. Trust me. :(

I got my car last friday with the Burmester system. Just tested the songs above and also have a rattle on the left side. Can't determine if it's the panel or something else.

Let me know what you or Porsche did to fix it.

Thank you.

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
If you think you only have rattles on the left listen to this. Volume at 20 is more than enough.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Pissing contest for who likes the oldest music? Anyways, let me have a go:

I just listened to a few seconds of your bands. They're unlistenable.

Trying to be find a serious fault here.
I'll try ABBA and A-ha to see how they sound!

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
Was sitting in the dealer listening to the Bose to see if it was going to be sufficient and save me $5800. My wife and I both noticed that rattle at high volume with bass.

Really would love to know if its the car or the audio system. Anyone with Burmester encounter this?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds great with all the music I listen to. Classic rock, rock, prog rock, etc....

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Car is in for the N'th time (stretching my ability to count this on two hands...) and I told them I do not want it back until it's been dealt with. Now I have a loaner also with the Bose stereo, and it has the same nasty issue of sounding like a car about to come a part.

I'd like someone with the Burmester stereo package to test these songs to see if maybe it's the way the Bose speaker chambers resonate nearby panels, or if it's entirely the build quality of the car that is not up to par.

My tested volume levels with Bose:
Volume - 20 to 25
Bass - 0 to +3

If you have the Bose system and haven't noticed anything, don't try this. Trust me. :(

1. Great tunes! We have similar tastes.
2. Sorry about your rattles. I have Burmester and thankfully I don't have any rattles.
3. I can't tell the rattles from your clip, probably because I'm playing through crappy PC speakers.
4. If anyone wants to test their bass in the Taycan, this is the track: Netsky - Power

OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
I should probably post this just in case someone has the same during music that hits the same low notes:

Totally fixed after a year! Fix was using some double-sided tape WITH felt (vibration reduction) on the cables where they come IN to the door from the car (canal?). That was the last issue after receiving new a new door panel and whatever else they've done throughout the year. All thanks to a young man down at Porsche Service Center Bergen. :D

This was fixed a while back before christmas. The drive home after this was fixed made me want to cry as I could finally enjoy the car without the insane rattling. It is true bliss. Love the Bose system in this compared to the Bose in other cars. Just wish it wasn't as loud on the outside as it can be pretty embarrassing sometimes at car parks.

EDIT: Other things they also did was tape down cables in the doors, A and B pillars, and a new speaker. The cable canal thing was the final thing to fix it.
Sponsored