Anyone with PSCB Calipers? How’s the noise?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Make sure that your dealer 'beds-in' the brakes. There should be no noise whatsoever.
The dealer doesn't need to bed in the brakes. You can easily do that yourself. But you don't need to unless you are tracking the car...

It normally takes about 600 miles for them to do this on their own (with normal driving) but you can run through the bedding process by doing a bunch of high speed stops (almost a full stop) while allowing several minutes of cooling between them. I am familiar with BMW's published procedure and I'm sure Porsche has one as well.

However, you don't NEED to do this at all unless you are tracking the car. Regardless, my brakes have been quiet since the day I got them and I've never had to run through the process...
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The dealer doesn't need to bed in the brakes. You can easily do that yourself. But you don't need to unless you are tracking the car...

It normally takes about 600 miles for them to do this on their own (with normal driving) but you can run through the bedding process by doing a bunch of high speed stops (almost a full stop) while allowing several minutes of cooling between them. I am familiar with BMW's published procedure and I'm sure Porsche has one as well.

However, you don't NEED to do this at all unless you are tracking the car. Regardless, my brakes have been quiet since the day I got them and I've never had to run through the process...
I'm very familiar with the process, having raced Porsches for quite a while now. You always want to bed in new brakes, track or not, for best performance and wear. Certainly you can do it yourself, but best to follow the mfg. recommendations. Typically you want to accelerate to 50-60 and brake very hard engaging ABS to a slow roll, and repeat a half dozen times or more. DO NOT brake to a stop, since this gives the heat nowhere to go. From the Taycan manual:

Porsche Taycan Anyone with PSCB Calipers? How’s the noise? 1600801038263

Last edited:

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I need to amend my observation about a slight squealing noise. Listening more carefully last night, I realized it's a whining sound from the motor and it occurs at the same point in both acceleration and deceleration. PSCB brakes are exonerated.

Ronglos

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Taycan
Country flag
I don't have a Taycan yet but I have a 911 with white wheels and have been cleaning them for four years. As most know the brake dust is horrendous. You can't drive long without bad dust. I told myself when I heard about the PSCB brakes that I would never own another Porsche without those PSCB brakes even if I had to drive with ear plugs.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I don't have a Taycan yet but I have a 911 with white wheels and have been cleaning them for four years. As most know the brake dust is horrendous. You can't drive long without bad dust. I told myself when I heard about the PSCB brakes that I would never own another Porsche without those PSCB brakes even if I had to drive with ear plugs.
The difference here though is the Taycan hardly uses conventional brakes. Most of the braking is done via regen. I wash my car weekly and have used a sponge to clean off road dirt, not a bit of brake dust.

Crazycanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911, Cayenne Turbo SE, McLaren GT
Country flag
I need to amend my observation about a slight squealing noise. Listening more carefully last night, I realized it's a whining sound from the motor and it occurs at the same point in both acceleration and deceleration. PSCB brakes are exonerated.
Did you ever figure out what the noise is? I hear a very faint whining noise at low speeds when accelerating and decelerating. Not touching brakes. Can replicate with regen.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Hi,
I wanna get Mission E wheels.
But It should include PSCB brake.

I heard it has noise issue on Cayenne. (Like cricket huh)
How is it on Taycan?
I’m worried about the noise issue with PSCB.

So I’m choosing between MIssion E + PSCB and 21’ Exclusive + essential Brake (Red Caliper)

Thanks.
No noise. 1600 miles on my car. Once I saw the concept Mission E car with the Mission E wheels I was 'sold'. No way I was ordering a Taycan without Mission E wheels........even if they made noise...........which they don't - at least so far.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
13,000 miles and always quiet. No dust.

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
Did you ever figure out what the noise is? I hear a very faint whining noise at low speeds when accelerating and decelerating. Not touching brakes. Can replicate with regen.
Same boat here. Any luck sourcing? Had mine at the dealer for other reasons and asked about this same squealing/whining noise… was told “it’s normal”. Hmmm

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
23,000 kms… what noise ? None !
Sponsored