OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I doubt any Turbo S buyers care at all...
My point exactly.

Personally I care only about the acceleration, weight, and handling of the Taycan. And I'm not only satisfied with them so far, I have every confidence Porsche will improve on them in later Taycan models

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So while Porsche deals with a very low EPA rating that Elon never misses an opportuity to bash and yet owners exceed the value relatively easily even in hash conditions. Something I had not really heard of from Tesla owners.

Yet Elon seems to imply he owns the EPA with a statement like this:
During the Q4 financial call Wednesday, Musk said that the Model S and Model X again have more range than Tesla is stating on the website. “We just haven’t gotten around to updating the EPA’s certified number,” he said.
From Green Car Reports
https://www.greencarreports.com/new...range-boost-400-mile-range-now-in-reach-for-s

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
So while Porsche deals with a very low EPA rating that Elon never misses an opportuity to bash and yet owners exceed the value relatively easily even in hash conditions. Something I had not really heard of from Tesla owners.

Yet Elon seems to imply he owns the EPA with a statement like this:

From Green Car Reports
https://www.greencarreports.com/new...range-boost-400-mile-range-now-in-reach-for-s
I always find EPA ratings are very overrated.

If I had a car as beautiful as the Taycan, I wouldn't mind charging it that bit more frequently. Who cares that the Tesla Model S and X can do 400 miles?

What's wrong with the Taycan being able to do 'just' 201 miles? 201 miles is plenty.

And this isn't even taking into consideration somebody managed to get a Taycan Turbo to do 240 miles.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just read some interesting but not sure how real web content about 290 mile range.

I am not even worried about the value but more of the 301/196 values they got are obviously bogus compared to values they use for other EVs.

One interesting point was:
EPA uses all available drive modes while WLTP only uses normal mode. Porsche says the available sport, sport+ and race mode in the Taycan Turbo S lead to an unfair test result.
That seems mind boggling, but if true I hope that they will start testing Tesla Model S with a mix of Ludicrous and Ludicrous+ enabled when Elon takes his car back to get EPA to update car to 400mi range published, which is apparently what he said in a recent call.