torontotaycan

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan Sport Edition, Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Anybody have a problem with the arm rest crushing the USB-C to Lightning Cord to connect your iPhone for Carplay? Unlike the Cayenne which I also have, there is a little slot for the cord to come out so it doesn't get crushed / can move around....but in the Taycan it seems like the arm rest just crushes it. Any thoughts / tips on how to alleviate this?
Sponsored

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
If you have the cord come out of the armrest storage area towards the passenger side, the lid should close without crushing the cable.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Anybody have a problem with the arm rest crushing the USB-C to Lightning Cord to connect your iPhone for Carplay? Unlike the Cayenne which I also have, there is a little slot for the cord to come out so it doesn't get crushed / can move around....but in the Taycan it seems like the arm rest just crushes it. Any thoughts / tips on how to alleviate this?
why are you using the wire? carplay works wirelessly

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
If you have the cord come out of the armrest storage area towards the passenger side, the lid should close without crushing the cable.
I'll do the same. Cable has survived sofar!

TerpsRno1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Hi apologies for being new to the forum and asking dumb questions. I get my Taycan in a few weeks, and I want to make sure I am clear on CarPlay. Is the CarPlay in the Taycan wireless? It was not in my Mercedes, but the phone charger was very easy to get to. With the charger being in the center console, I am worried.

Thank you

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Hi apologies for being new to the forum and asking dumb questions. I get my Taycan in a few weeks, and I want to make sure I am clear on CarPlay. Is the CarPlay in the Taycan wireless? It was not in my Mercedes, but the phone charger was very easy to get to. With the charger being in the center console, I am worried.
It is wireless. You will need to connect with a wire to initially set it up, but it operates wirelessly after that. This is a newer feature for the Taycan, which had been wired until a recent software update.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag

Thank you
2021 models are wireless from the start. 2020's have to have a software update to make them wireless. Where in GA are you, as there is a group of us that have Taycan's in the Atlanta area?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There are lots of flat USB A to Lightning cables - but 60 seconds of searching didn't turn up any flat USB C to Lightning cables. Or go wireless like others have suggested. The charge rate through the armrest USB C isn't great anyway, though wireless carplay hammers your battery I've heard.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Thank you. Much appreciated. I'm in Milton
I believe @wemct is in the process of moving to Milton. If you see a Mamba Green 4S cruising around it's probably him. I live in Roswell but find myself in Milton pretty often so keep an eye out for my Gentian Blue 4S too.

There's a handful of us in and around Atlanta. I'm going to be organizing an informal happy hour for local Taycan drivers. Looks for a thread or a private message sometime soon.

Brent

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag

Thank you
after the initial wired setup carplay will work wirelessly provided you configure the bluetooth connection properly

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've been using an Amazon Basics USB-C to Lightning cable since October with no issues. I just run it out the front on the drivers side use it with a ProClip mount (I just plug it into the phone when I feel like it)

No problem with the cable.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
after the initial wired setup carplay will work wirelessly provided you configure the bluetooth connection properly
I didn’t have to do an initial wired setup on a ‘21. 100% sure since I don’t even have the cable.
Sponsored