TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
If your Taycan PCM has the colored icons, you only need to update the My Porsche APP on your iPhone to activate the feature and enable EV routing from the updated My Porsche APP. https://www.porsche.com/usa/apple-maps-ev-routing/
correct. It took me less than 5 minutes to configure: best experience with Porsche software so far.

I thought you all might like to see the prediction given on Apple Maps when you are not connected to CarPlay, which suggests that it is calculating on its own. I wish I could change settings to get non EA chargers (I have yet to use one as not convenient for me usually).

Porsche Taycan Apple Maps via Carplay Now Supports EV Charging for Taycan IMG_4499
Sponsored

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I’m not sure if this really helps answer this question, but note the message you get when disconnected from CarPlay.

I wish they have the option to share as much info as Porsche shares with its own app.

also, I wish they let us choose to display this in HUD and in middle of dash screen above the steering wheel. If safety were the main reason for HUD and the other display, as they should be, the same would be true for third party navigation, particularly ones like apple with some level of integration

IMG_4496.png
FWIW if you hit the squiggly line in the top right, you will get a zoomed out view which shows your whole route and also offers alternative route suggestions, as well as how much time those routes will add or subtract from your current route. Apple Maps already chooses the best route based on live traffic, and will automatically pick a new route if it deems it to be faster by some amount (ie, if the new route is only 1 minute faster, it won't bother). For example, if an accident happens on your current route, Maps will realize that as the traffic slows down on your current route and route around it.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I tried out navigation last night, I'm enjoying the estimated SoC on arrival. I also noticed that it will adjust the estimate as you get closer to your destination based on your driving conditions. For example, if you drive more or less aggressively after initially starting your route, it will recompute the estimated SoC.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FWIW if you hit the squiggly line in the top right, you will get a zoomed out view which shows your whole route and also offers alternative route suggestions, as well as how much time those routes will add or subtract from your current route. Apple Maps already chooses the best route based on live traffic, and will automatically pick a new route if it deems it to be faster by some amount (ie, if the new route is only 1 minute faster, it won't bother). For example, if an accident happens on your current route, Maps will realize that as the traffic slows down on your current route and route around it.
Not sure I follow. This is the whole route, and it didn’t give me alternatives as it sometimes does. Also, I understand that Apple is supposed to reroute based on traffic, but in DC it doesn’t seem to do so as dynamically as Waze (although this is on an extremely limited dataset). Also, I can’t seem to get it to show non EA charging stations.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Not sure I follow. This is the whole route, and it didn’t give me alternatives as it sometimes does. Also, I understand that Apple is supposed to reroute based on traffic, but in DC it doesn’t seem to do so as dynamically as Waze (although this is on an extremely limited dataset). Also, I can’t seem to get it to show non EA charging stations.
What I mean that it will show a zoomed out view that either shows your origin and destination or minimally (if your route is long), just your destination. It allows you to see all the traffic upcoming. I actually almost never use the view you're in unless I'm in a very unfamiliar place where I need to know exactly which street to turn on, and it might not be obvious.

Edit: I believe you also don't get the alternate route suggestions in the zoomed in view.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What I mean that it will show a zoomed out view that either shows your origin and destination or minimally (if your route is long), just your destination. It allows you to see all the traffic upcoming. I actually almost never use the view you're in unless I'm in a very unfamiliar place where I need to know exactly which street to turn on, and it might not be obvious.

Edit: I believe you also don't get the alternate route suggestions in the zoomed in view.
Ok, I guess I’m not sure which photo you are discussing. I was discussing the last view I posted from phone, but I think you are discussing view on the Taycan display. In the city, I do tend to rely on turn by turn, although not so much if there is little dynamic routing.

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Ya, the setting for that is in the Watch app on your iPhone. Check under the Maps settings in the 'My Watch' section: "Driving with CarPlay" toggle in Turn Alerts.

Took me a while to find that.

On the topic of Waze alerts, Apple Maps does also have reporting features, but the UI button to report them is hidden until you tap on the screen, so it's not quite as easy to get to.

Also, they only have three reporting categories; crash, hazard, and speed check. I get the feeling that the speed check is used for "there's a cop here".
Yes, speed check does mean a police officer is sitting catching speeders. I just experienced that popping up in my Apple Maps as I drove from Wichita to KC early this morning. It saved me. The KS State Trooper had a rather tricked out looking Dodge Challenger, which was pretty cool. Probably good he did not pull me over as he would have had to sit through a lot of questions about his car.

modernct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Maserati Levante SQ4
Country flag
One of the more frustrating things is the main dashboard map has the PCM map up vs. an active Google, Waze, or Apple map when directions are on.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The energy consumption model defines what the energy usage is at what speed, under which conditions (temperature, rain, terrain). So it is NOT just a simple extrapolation using the current range.
Did you find the above somewhere on Apple or Porsche website, or just speculating that what they mean by "model"?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Did you find the above somewhere on Apple or Porsche website, or just speculating that what they mean by "model"?
The Porsche announcement mentions that Apple Maps analyzes 'elevation changes along your route and other factors', but doesn't spell them out.
Porsche Taycan Apple Maps via Carplay Now Supports EV Charging for Taycan 1684440290886

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ya, the setting for that is in the Watch app on your iPhone. Check under the Maps settings in the 'My Watch' section: "Driving with CarPlay" toggle in Turn Alerts.

Took me a while to find that.

On the topic of Waze alerts, Apple Maps does also have reporting features, but the UI button to report them is hidden until you tap on the screen, so it's not quite as easy to get to.

Also, they only have three reporting categories; crash, hazard, and speed check. I get the feeling that the speed check is used for "there's a cop here".
I use Apple Maps all the time, and I find it easier to use Siri and say “Report Speed Check”, “Report Hazard”, or “Report Crash”. It doesn’t require you touching the screen and taking your eyes off the road.