Rob_UK

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Today and not for the first time Apple Music app isn’t working. I’m based in London, UK. Anyone else experiencing issues?
Sponsored

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Today and not for the first time Apple Music app isn’t working. I’m based in London, UK. Anyone else experiencing issues?
I consistently get this problem. Sometimes I can get it back up and running if I go into settings, turn privacy to active, then turn it back to inactive. Seems to then reset the Apple Music. That process only sometimes works though...

OP
OP
Rob_UK

Rob_UK

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I consistently get this problem. Sometimes I can get it back up and running if I go into settings, turn privacy to active, then turn it back to inactive. Seems to then reset the Apple Music. That process only sometimes works though...
Hi - is working normally this morning. Must be a tech related issue with Porsche or Apple

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think I am probably one of the few who relies on Apple Music, but I don't have CarPlay on my phone. If there are any of you who also rely on it, I think I (may) have worked-out why it regularly doesn't work (although I may need to test this further). It seems that Apple Music initiates when you turn the car on. If you do not have internet reception / access when you turn the car on (e.g. in an underground garage), obviously Apple Music does not work. However, unlike the other connect services (such as internet radio and traffic) which will start to work once the car is online again, Apple Music often will just remain inoperable. If you reset the PCM though (see link below as to how to do that) when you do eventually have internet access, it seems to work again. Weirdly Apple Music seems to only try to activate when the PCM boots, or doesn't try to determine whether the car is back online particularly often. As mentioned, I need to test this more before telling Porsche to sort it out.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/how-to-reboot-pcm.3021/
Sponsored