gcarreira

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Any ideas why the Apple Music app is not appearing in media on the PCM? 2021 Taycan picked up 6/4/21. I do have Apple Music on my iPhone and subscribe to it.
Thank you.
Sponsored

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Any ideas why the Apple Music app is not appearing in media on the PCM? 2021 Taycan picked up 6/4/21. I do have Apple Music on my iPhone and subscribe to it.
Thank you.
Yes had the same problem I really think the PCM is extremely poor and limited. The best way is to control via your phone before you start to drive. Hopefully the PCM system will get a major update soon as it is rubbish compared to Tesla

OP
OP

gcarreira

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Yes had the same problem I really think the PCM is extremely poor and limited. The best way is to control via your phone before you start to drive. Hopefully the PCM system will get a major update soon as it is rubbish compared to Tesla
Thank you

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you.
Have you checked on the My Porsche website to make sure your Apple ID for Apple Music is linked to your Porsche account? If you log into my.porsche.com and go to Services > Apple Music, make sure your account is linked up there.

OP
OP

gcarreira

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Have you checked on the My Porsche website to make sure your Apple ID for Apple Music is linked to your Porsche account? If you log into my.porsche.com and go to Services > Apple Music, make sure your account is linked up there.
Thank you. Yes I checked and is linked. I just don’t get the Apple Music app showing. Do get the tower radio, earth type radio and Siriux radio although grayed out since I don’t subscribe. Guess back to the dealership.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thank you. Yes I checked and is linked. I just don’t get the Apple Music app showing. Do get the tower radio, earth type radio and Siriux radio although grayed out since I don’t subscribe. Guess back to the dealership.
Just double-check that there aren't any over-the-air downloads available for the infotainment system on the PCM. If you picked-up your car on 4th June, you probably have the new software update. For me, the Apple Music icon did not appear after the update until I manually downloaded the infotainment updates on the PCM.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Just double-check that there aren't any over-the-air downloads available for the infotainment system on the PCM. If you picked-up your car on 4th June, you probably have the new software update. For me, the Apple Music icon did not appear after the update until I manually downloaded the infotainment updates on the PCM.
This happened to me as well with the most recent updates. My Apple Music icon wasn’t available until I installed them. They were there before. Strange.
Sponsored