Apple Music icon missing

william_j_p

First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I just picked up my new car yesterday. I signed up for Apple Music today and linked the account in Porsche Connect. I don't see the Apple Music icon on the Media screen in the car though. Is there something else that needs to be done in the PCM to get the Apple Music app working? I've already tried restarting the car 3-4 times. Thanks.

Advertisement

robborover

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I just picked up my new car yesterday. I signed up for Apple Music today and linked the account in Porsche Connect. I don't see the Apple Music icon on the Media screen in the car though. Is there something else that needs to be done in the PCM to get the Apple Music app working? I've already tried restarting the car 3-4 times. Thanks.
Have you been able to access Carplay? I believe thats how accessed ( could be wrong though )

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12
Country flag
It took a day (overnight) to show up for me. That being said it also disappears and reappears, but I think that has something to do with me being in an underground parking spot...

OP

william_j_p

First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have an Android phone so no Carplay. I thought there was a built in Apple Music app that could be used without Carplay though.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
You ned to have logged in to your Porsche ID from the car as well. And the icon seems to nay show up once you have cellular coverage. Have you checked that you have LTE signal? Also check MyPorsche to see the services you have available in your account.
It should look similar to this.

D0EBE337-1217-4B3C-9E58-5A5DE243E235.png

OP

william_j_p

First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You ned to have logged in to your Porsche ID from the car as well. And the icon seems to nay show up once you have cellular coverage. Have you checked that you have LTE signal? Also check MyPorsche to see the services you have available in your account.
It should look similar to this.

D0EBE337-1217-4B3C-9E58-5A5DE243E235.png
I logged into PCM at the dealership when I picked up the car. It shows my name on the PCM screen so I'm definitely logged in.
I also see that Apple Music box in Services.
I have an LTE icon on the right side of the display. I thought that could be the issue so I tried outside my garage also where the reception might be stronger.
I'll try checking again tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing obvious that I was missing but it seems to just be buggy/inconsistent software.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
It took a day (overnight) to show up for me. That being said it also disappears and reappears, but I think that has something to do with me being in an underground parking spot...
Same here...

Kenz888

First Name
Kenneth
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Apple music icon will show up after you have cellular coverage. I know this is annoying as sometimes it took 30mins+ for it to show up in my 4S.

OP

william_j_p

First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Apple Music is working now, I'll update this thread if anyone else has a similar issue.

When I turned the car on this morning there was still no Apple Music icon. However, I saw there were several Infotainment updates available that had a timestamp of around 8am. I installed these updates and the Apple Music icon appeared in Media immediately.

I also turned on the option to install infotainment updates automatically since this doesn't seem to be the default.

rs38

Reaction score
Vehicles
gt2,i8,i3,
Country flag
seems that Taycan PCM has several reconnect issues after weak or no LTE parking. Apple Music, personal account settings, nav settings etc.

Advertisement

ZYRUS

Advertisement