william_j_p

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I just picked up my new car yesterday. I signed up for Apple Music today and linked the account in Porsche Connect. I don't see the Apple Music icon on the Media screen in the car though. Is there something else that needs to be done in the PCM to get the Apple Music app working? I've already tried restarting the car 3-4 times. Thanks.
Sponsored

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I just picked up my new car yesterday. I signed up for Apple Music today and linked the account in Porsche Connect. I don't see the Apple Music icon on the Media screen in the car though. Is there something else that needs to be done in the PCM to get the Apple Music app working? I've already tried restarting the car 3-4 times. Thanks.
Have you been able to access Carplay? I believe thats how accessed ( could be wrong though )

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
It took a day (overnight) to show up for me. That being said it also disappears and reappears, but I think that has something to do with me being in an underground parking spot...

OP
OP

william_j_p

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have an Android phone so no Carplay. I thought there was a built in Apple Music app that could be used without Carplay though.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
You ned to have logged in to your Porsche ID from the car as well. And the icon seems to nay show up once you have cellular coverage. Have you checked that you have LTE signal? Also check MyPorsche to see the services you have available in your account.
It should look similar to this.

Porsche Taycan Apple Music icon missing D0EBE337-1217-4B3C-9E58-5A5DE243E235

OP
OP

william_j_p

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You ned to have logged in to your Porsche ID from the car as well. And the icon seems to nay show up once you have cellular coverage. Have you checked that you have LTE signal? Also check MyPorsche to see the services you have available in your account.
It should look similar to this.

D0EBE337-1217-4B3C-9E58-5A5DE243E235.png
I logged into PCM at the dealership when I picked up the car. It shows my name on the PCM screen so I'm definitely logged in.
I also see that Apple Music box in Services.
I have an LTE icon on the right side of the display. I thought that could be the issue so I tried outside my garage also where the reception might be stronger.
I'll try checking again tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing obvious that I was missing but it seems to just be buggy/inconsistent software.

Kenz888

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Country flag
The Apple music icon will show up after you have cellular coverage. I know this is annoying as sometimes it took 30mins+ for it to show up in my 4S.

OP
OP

william_j_p

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Apple Music is working now, I'll update this thread if anyone else has a similar issue.

When I turned the car on this morning there was still no Apple Music icon. However, I saw there were several Infotainment updates available that had a timestamp of around 8am. I installed these updates and the Apple Music icon appeared in Media immediately.

I also turned on the option to install infotainment updates automatically since this doesn't seem to be the default.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
seems that Taycan PCM has several reconnect issues after weak or no LTE parking. Apple Music, personal account settings, nav settings etc.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
still in progress, having opened a ticket at Porsche. Apple Music+Podcast Icons still appear and disappear. Home adress gets lost sometimes.

FullyLoaded4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Same issues here. Driving me absolutely nuts. No logic to when it’s working or not. Car is parked in same location every time, but it’s hit or miss if Apple Music works. Even after short stops it may stop working.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I am curious not exactly the same, but anyone constantly have the Podcast fail to link? The Apple Music account worked first time, but have never gotten the Podcast to link up.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am curious not exactly the same, but anyone constantly have the Podcast fail to link? The Apple Music account worked first time, but have never gotten the Podcast to link up.
Yep. I can link podcasts but then Apple Music unlinks, then when I link Apple Music, Podcasts unlinks. I don't seem to be able to link both at the same time.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Same issues here. Driving me absolutely nuts. No logic to when it’s working or not. Car is parked in same location every time, but it’s hit or miss if Apple Music works. Even after short stops it may stop working.
I forced them to open a ticket, really curious when they get it solved. Probably after the first 6 months of free Apple music
Sponsored