daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Is anyone still having login issues for Apple Music, since day one have not been able to use it, contacted service, Porsche NA customer care and no resolution, just trying to figure out if other have same issue or just me. On the app or computer account has been linked and on car the bar code with a line through keeps showing.
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
On your computer go to https://www.porsche.com/usa/ and log in with your Porsche ID. Navigate to ”Connected Services” then Apple Music and click the toggle to login to Apple Music with your Apple ID. That should to the trick, though for reasons I don’t understand, I have to re-engage that from time to time.

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On your computer go to https://www.porsche.com/usa/ and log in with your Porsche ID. Navigate to ”Connected Services” then Apple Music and click the toggle to login to Apple Music with your Apple ID. That should to the trick, though for reasons I don’t understand, I have to re-engage that from time to time.
Thanks! have tried that multiple times but no luck.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Thanks! have tried that multiple times but no luck.
A related query, albeit not directly addressing your question - showing my ignorance as I learn the systems in the car!

Why is it that after I logged into Apple Music (with my Apple ID, not the free service offer) I can play content via the dedicated apple music app in the PCM whereas when I launch CarPlay and I choose the Apple Music icon it will not play content and states that I am Offline or to turn off Airport mode (when in fact I am 100% online in respect both my home WiFi and cell service and def not in Airplane mode)? It will allow me to access my music library on the phone but not Apple Music online. Is this just the way it is setup i.e. Apple Music is only accessed outside of CarPlay?

Guessing I am missing somehting obvious here :)

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Have you disabled Apple Music’s ability to use cellular data ?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you disabled Apple Music’s ability to use cellular data ?
Not intentionally :)!, but indeed, nail on the head, it is indeed toggled off (default?).

Can't get back to the car right now but assume that will solve it?

Much appreciated, Cheers, C.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Not intentionally :)!, but indeed, nail on the head, it is indeed toggled off (default?).

Can't get back to the car right now but assume that will solve it?

Much appreciated, Cheers, C.
This shouln’t impact if you are using car WiFi; but that wasn’t clear from your question.

I don’t think that’s the default - but couldn’t tell you for sure.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This shouln’t impact if you are using car WiFi; but that wasn’t clear from your question.

I don’t think that’s the default - but couldn’t tell you for sure.
Car WiFi a whole other discussion (!!) but a quick check and your solution appears to have worked - again, thx!

notfromtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT
Country flag
Car WiFi a whole other discussion (!!) but a quick check and your solution appears to have worked - again, thx!
How do you do this?
(I've just two days ago signed up for the free trial and linked my apple id to my porsche id here https://my.porsche.com/myservices/us/en_US/audio-streaming ) but am unable to get things working in the car. I get the crossed off QR code and "Registration currently not possible/Please verify your data connection" in the car, even with full strength Verizon showing. Not sure if it's related but the Weather app doesn't load for me either.

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
How do you do this?
(I've just two days ago signed up for the free trial and linked my apple id to my porsche id here https://my.porsche.com/myservices/us/en_US/audio-streaming ) but am unable to get things working in the car. I get the crossed off QR code and "Registration currently not possible/Please verify your data connection" in the car, even with full strength Verizon showing. Not sure if it's related but the Weather app doesn't load for me either.
I have the same issue

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the same issue
Still same issue here also since getting my car a month and a half ago. Response from Porsche NA is looking in to it, wonder how it’s going to get fixed.

notfromtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT
Country flag
Still same issue here also since getting my car a month and a half ago. Response from Porsche NA is looking in to it, wonder how it’s going to get fixed.
Just curious, are you also unable to load the weather screen?
Thanks

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Weather screen seems to be working fine.
Without digging into a slew of connectivity issues I cannot say what your issue might be directly related to - but assume you have Apple Music on your phone set up to use cellular data? (that suggestion fixed my issue but that issue does not sound like the same you are experiencing).

Any chance I wonder if it has anything to do with this 'free' trial' not working properly - I already had Apple Music as part of my Apple One service so did not have to do that step. There are others however with this line through the barcode problem who have posted on other threads - might be worth searching the forum to see if others may have solved this for you (if you have not done so already)?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Just curious, are you also unable to load the weather screen?
Thanks
So there's a weather screen? My wife's CT does not have that app, and it's also missing the Apple Music app. I wanted to have her logout, delete her account from the PCM and log back in, but she's leary she won't be able to login again. She loves the car, but wished she was a paid beta tester for Porsche.... lol
Sponsored