Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can you show where this is stated. That Apple Music and Apple Podcast require the data plan. That is certainly not the case for me. I have Apple Music just fine without any data plan. Works just fine with the cars normal LTE connection. Perhaps Porsche changed this for MY 2022??

The data plan is extremely bad value for money here. Only usable to share internet access for users of phones or tablets in the car. Very expensive and very low data allowance. Total waste. Much better to get a separate dongle and place that in the car so any user can use that connection if needed.
You absolutely do not need the optional data plan (Verizon wifi hotspot) to access Apple Music or Podcasts. The two items are completely unrelated to one another.
Sponsored

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
You absolutely do not need the optional data plan (Verizon wifi hotspot) to access Apple Music or Podcasts. The two items are completely unrelated to one another.
That's what my understanding is or thought but as soon as I activated it Apple Music started working and still is, before that I just could not get it to work.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That's what my understanding is or thought but as soon as I activated it Apple Music started working and still is, before that I just could not get it to work.
Did you check to see what the the primary LTE provider is in your case?

I just have a hunch that the Verizon connection here is key and that perhaps others who have it working without the additional Verizon data package connect to another provider for the standard LTE service.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I have cancelled my subscription (not going to pay for it just for Apple Music when I can do that via CarPlay) - so will know for sure.

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
I have cancelled my subscription (not going to pay for it just for Apple Music when I can do that via CarPlay) - so will know for sure.
Let us know, thanks!

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah, it’s squirrelly as all hell. I’m continually forced to re-login randomly with no logic to why that I can discern. It would be nice if Porsche got their shit together to fix this (and the myriad of other PCM issues) that have persisted from the get-go.

Last edited:

notfromtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT
Country flag
So, I tried Apple Music today, just like almost every other day since I got the PCM communication working, and today it showed me my songs. And I played one :)

I did nothing new, didn't sign up for the data plan.

I did get a call from 800 Porsche asking me if things were working yesterday, could they close the ticket, but I told them no.

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Sounds like the bug has been fixed for everyone now? They must have released the fixed yesterday or today.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Interesting, I powered up my car today and it asked me to re-register with Apple Music - wonder if they did push something out - worked fine - but I still have an active data plan so still waiting on that data point.

notfromtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT
Country flag
Interesting, I powered up my car today and it asked me to re-register with Apple Music - wonder if they did push something out - worked fine - but I still have an active data plan so still waiting on that data point.
Yeah I'm kinda curious to know if it was just fixed for me or others too.
I suggested to the rep on the phone she reach out to the engineering team or whoever was assigned the ticket, but I have no idea if that happened, or if it's what magically got this working.
Sponsored