Apple Music Login Issues

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I have been dealing with this issue since the Update to stop the car from stopping while driving, does anyone else get this message on Apple Music (not Carplay) when they try to attach their Apple Music account to the PCM? It won't let you login and is currently sitting at the dealership and they don't know what to do. I suggested they replace the parts that are associated with the Apple Music (possibly the PCM) but am getting nowhere. Thoughts?
Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issues 32D7017A-F993-4B76-9BFB-C9539A622D27_1_105_c
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hmm, tricky.

Have you checked that your Apple ID is correctly synced to your Porsche ID (do this outside of the PCM - tablet / PC / other?

Then remove your Porsche ID from the car and start over but only do this if the registration part above doesn't solve something first.

Not had this particular issue but as I've had my car a year now a few services disconnected / disappeared from the PCM and I had to go to My Porsche to re-enable (no charge). Apple Music and Porsche Charging Service were two but Google Maps was a possible other which resolved itself after the renewal date.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Hmm, tricky.

Have you checked that your Apple ID is correctly synced to your Porsche ID (do this outside of the PCM - tablet / PC / other?

Then remove your Porsche ID from the car and start over but only do this if the registration part above doesn't solve something first.

Not had this particular issue but as I've had my car a year now a few services disconnected / disappeared from the PCM and I had to go to My Porsche to re-enable (no charge). Apple Music and Porsche Charging Service were two but Google Maps was a possible other which resolved itself after the renewal date.
Everything works on the Porsche ID. It is just the PCM that won't allow the link. The ID shows that I am linked to Apple Music.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Everything works on the Porsche ID. It is just the PCM that won't allow the link. The ID shows that I am linked to Apple Music.
Ok but I don't remember having to link in two places following the original initialisation. Extract below (from Porsche Connect Good to Know Driver's Manual) sort of confirms it is optional where you do this. Probably not being of much help here but I would remove from the PCM, log out and then back in and on the proviso you have a good LTE service the Apple Music icon may re-appear (sometimes it's greyed out when the LTE is not strong enough).

Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issues 1637075988030

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok but I don't remember having to link in two places following the original initialisation. Extract below (from Porsche Connect Good to Know Driver's Manual) sort of confirms it is optional where you do this. Probably not being of much help here but I would remove from the PCM, log out and then back in and on the proviso you have a good LTE service the Apple Music icon may re-appear (sometimes it's greyed out when the LTE is not strong enough).

1637075988030.png
That is the issue, I am set up on the PCM with Apple Music but when you go in to use it, you get the message that I showed in my thread. It seems that others are not having this issue post recall software update for the stopping of the car in mid drive. I am getting nowhere with the dealer on the issue. Resetting the PCM and logging out of the Porsche ID does nothing to change the problem.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That is the issue, I am set up on the PCM with Apple Music but when you go in to use it, you get the message that I showed in my thread. It seems that others are not having this issue post recall software update for the stopping of the car in mid drive. I am getting nowhere with the dealer on the issue. Resetting the PCM and logging out of the Porsche ID does nothing to change the problem.
Yes but can't you remove it from the PCM temporarily and see if it re-syncs based on what has been linked either in My Porsche or Porsche Connect App?

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Do you have a really long password? Like the one Apple iOS prompts or suggests? I initially used an Apple recommended one — so quite long — and during delivery had problems and my dealer said that I should try to shorten it to less characters.

Oddly that worked and I had no problem ever since!

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have similar issues with Apple Music and Apple Podcasts on the PCM wherein I successfully login to both only to have to repeat the process time and time again every few days for no apparent reason. Highly irritating…

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Your car is saying check your data connection. I assume you've checked that other things that use data is working? The SOS light is green?

I've had some occasional funky-ness with apple music and podcasts, and after the last software update where they reset everything I had to re-register. If you go into the phone app (I'm using iOS) you can unlink apple music from there. I'd unlink everything and start over.

Colin the Best

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
You have to connect by PC to myPorsche, turn off Apple Music an then re-connect your PorscheID with Apple Music…so it will return on your car…Made it today for the same issue….

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Just got my 2022 RWD and same issue just can’t get Apple Music to work. Anyone figured out how to make those work?

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
918, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla Model S P100D
Country flag
I have the same issue intermittently. I had never experienced this exact issue before until a week ago. It persisted every time I started the car for several days and continued for the entire trip. Then, a few days ago, it began to mostly work with a few episodes intermixed with normal operation. Now it almost always works.

I speculate that there is a server chain that starts with the car LTE connection, goes through several Porsche and Apple servers to authenticate the Apple ID account in question and return an "OK-to-go" token for music and podcast playing.

Since I NEVER have problems with my iPhone and Apple Music/Podcasts when played on my phone, I speculate that the extra authentication steps must be delay sensitive (maybe contributes to the password-length fix above) and poor network-to-network peering latency disrupts the server actions.

If I'm correct, there's not much Porsche can do about it by themselves since Apple undoubtedly has authentication baked into Porsche's use agreement and is at the mercy of Porsche-to-Apple network configuration.

Chang my mind :cool:

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone able to solve this, on my new RWD same issue since last week it got delivered, keeps saying cannot be registered and keep getting the error message.

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have been dealing with this issue since the Update to stop the car from stopping while driving, does anyone else get this message on Apple Music (not Carplay) when they try to attach their Apple Music account to the PCM? It won't let you login and is currently sitting at the dealership and they don't know what to do. I suggested they replace the parts that are associated with the Apple Music (possibly the PCM) but am getting nowhere. Thoughts?
32D7017A-F993-4B76-9BFB-C9539A622D27_1_105_c.jpeg
Anyone still has these issues, as its been a week and have tried everything but still keep getting this screen.