Apps often says windows are open

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Since I got my Taycan, the phone app keeps telling me my windows are open. Typically it tells me rear left/right windows are open, even though those are almost never used (I haven't had ANY passengers on the back yet, only had the car for a month). Opening and closing both rear doors fixes it, for a day or two, then it comes back. Does my car need service, or is this yet another Porsche software teething pain?
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Since I got my Taycan, the phone app keeps telling me my windows are open. Typically it tells me rear left/right windows are open, even though those are almost never used (I haven't had ANY passengers on the back yet, only had the car for a month). Opening and closing both rear doors fixes it, for a day or two, then it comes back. Does my car need service, or is this yet another Porsche software teething pain?
Have you tried closing them?

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you tried closing them?
I assumed if I haven't opened them, and they do in fact appear physically closed, that the app would not be telling me they are open. Not a good idea to attribute common sense to Porsche designs?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Maybe there is some reset that needs to done for the sensors? I found this in the manual:

Porsche Taycan Apps often says windows are open 16665740-CD0B-417B-A72D-AF130ADC251E

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it's a bug. refresh the app status and suddenly all fine...
Hmm.... I did refresh before and it didn't fix it. I closed the app and re-opened it after your suggestion, problem solved. I did go down to the garage and opened the driver's side door to turn the headlight on in order to take a picture of them for another thread, I wonder if that did it (I did not touch the rear doors though).

I've seen the windows open message a few times in the past, even though they were never actually open. What's the point of the message if it's false more often than not. Why isn't there a button in the app to close the windows if it thinks they are open?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have the same. I don’t look at it anymore. The web app usually is correct.

Payton48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Same here. Typically when I see that, the connection status to the car is spinning. Once the app connects to the car it clears up but usually it takes so long that I've stopped looking at the app.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick update, the open windows came back after the car was parked overnight. I went to try the procedure @Scandinavian suggested and found one interesting fact - the car seems to have forgotten the window positioning information for both rear windows! The windows auto rolled down, but both would not auto roll up until I went through the programming edge conditions procedure. I know they auto rolled down and up but a week ago, because I did that once the tint was dry to make sure everything is ok with it. So it seems Porsche software is losing calibration data. :(

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
When I first got my car last year, I experienced the same issue as you, with the app reporting window(s) aren’t closed. I noticed the windows needed reset when 1 or 2 of the windows wouldn’t auto-close when you press (or pull?) & hold. I went through the reset procedure, so the windows would auto-close, and that worked for few times until I realized it the window wouldn’t auto-close again. I did a reset on all windows this time and that seems to have settled it all.
Sponsored