Are 20” Tequipment Design rims directional?

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
Given that they follow the pattern of the 21” Exclusive Design rims, I would say yes. However, the rims that I got are all the same, and thus rotate opposite direction on left and right side of the car. Before calling up the dealership to scream at them I figured I’d check online. The pictures I could find seem to have the same issue.

Can someone else that have these rims confirm? Not very important, but a bit sloppy design-wise, no?

Porsche Taycan Are 20” Tequipment Design rims directional? IMG_1534
Porsche Taycan Are 20” Tequipment Design rims directional? IMG_1533

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Given that they follow the pattern of the 21” Exclusive Design rims, I would say yes. However, the rims that I got are all the same, and thus rotate opposite direction on left and right side of the car. Before calling up the dealership to scream at them I figured I’d check online. The pictures I could find seem to have the same issue.

Can someone else that have these rims confirm? Not very important, but a bit sloppy design-wise, no?

IMG_1534.jpeg
IMG_1533.jpeg
These are 20" (21" not available) and I think are indeed mixed-up. The black part of the spoke should be leading as per your driver's side and then the same for the passenger side. Looks like potentially 2 sets where mixed but i can't be 100% certain.

Porsche Taycan Are 20” Tequipment Design rims directional? 1638802350904

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
All 4 wheels are unfortunately the same. Check out some offers from private sellers on any platform. They do show „real world“ wheels. I also do not like such design flaws…

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
this has always been the design with rims - they are the same and on one side it looks backwards (or forwards depending on the point of reference).. it would be too complex to have them directional!

OP
OP
perski

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
Oh well... I guess I just need to forget that I ever noticed :oops:
They are after all a nice design for the winter set, minor flaws notwithstanding.
Sponsored