Are any settings linked to the key?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Or is it all based off of the Porsche ID you used when you started the car? Talking about seat settings, radio station favorites, etc. I’d like for my wife to be able to use the car with the spare key, but am hoping she can get her own settings without having to use a different Porsche ID.
Sponsored

ImThestig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Or is it all based off of the Porsche ID you used when you started the car? Talking about seat settings, radio station favorites, etc. I’d like for my wife to be able to use the car with the spare key, but am hoping she can get her own settings without having to use a different Porsche ID.
The settings follows the key

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The settings follows the key
Which settings, do you know? I checked the good to know app, and it seems to imply that you should create a separate account for each key.

Up to seven accounts can be registered and managed on the central display. One guest account is available, which cannot be deleted.

The driver's personal settings are stored in the account.

Driver detection occurs automatically via the vehicle key. A vehicle key is always automatically assigned to an active account.

I’m not sure I see the benefit of having these accounts.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Driver detection occurs automatically via the vehicle key. A vehicle key is always automatically assigned to an active account.
If my wife and I are both in the car and we both have a key, how does it know who's the driver?

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
If my wife and I are both in the car and we both have a key, how does it know who's the driver?
The last key to unlock the car. If my wife unlocks the car, I have to lock & unlock the car (or so it seems).

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The last key to unlock the car. If my wife unlocks the car, I have to lock & unlock the car (or so it seems).
Not helpful if you didn’t lock the car. I never lock it in the garage. My BMW had similar weirdnesses if you didn’t lock it. Car companies don’t seem to consider the fact that people don’t always lock their cars.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've read you should lock the car in the garage to put it to sleep faster

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not helpful if you didn’t lock the car. I never lock it in the garage. My BMW had similar weirdnesses if you didn’t lock it. Car companies don’t seem to consider the fact that people don’t always lock their cars.
If you do not arrive at the car with the first key, you need to lock & unlock if you want to be recognized as the driver.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
But if your wife was the last one to use the car and you lock/unlock it with your key, I think it would then link the settings it had when you locked it (your wife’s), to your key.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But if your wife was the last one to use the car and you lock/unlock it with your key, I think it would then link the settings it had when you locked it (your wife’s), to your key.
The RFID chip links any setting changes she made to her key, not mine. If the other person drove last, we have to lock & unlock with our key.

ImThestig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Which settings, do you know? I checked the good to know app, and it seems to imply that you should create a separate account for each key.

Up to seven accounts can be registered and managed on the central display. One guest account is available, which cannot be deleted.

The driver's personal settings are stored in the account.

I’m not sure I see the benefit of having these accounts.
The settings I've notice was seatingpos, radio, individual mode, and temp
Sponsored