TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Well I just took delivery of a Grigio Telesto PTS GTS and I was offered £30,000 above list price for the car by a dealer! If the colour and car is desirable then yes why not. I was at a car dealer looking at another car I was interested in buying and they had a "big boy" customer who wanted mine at all cost :D
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Well I just took delivery of a Grigio Telesto PTS GTS and I was offered £30,000 above list price for the car by a dealer! If the colour and car is desirable then yes why not. I was at a car dealer looking at another car I was interested in buying and they had a "big boy" customer who wanted mine at all cost :D
It is an incredible colour. The only Taycan grey I think is acceptable without it being tedious!

Congrats again and not surprised your car/colour is in such demand. Absolutely exquisite taste.

Might have to pay you a commission to choose my Taycan PTS colour 😂

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Both colours are quite subdued, but get either if you really like it. Plus it matches the living room 😂

I'm not that keen on any PTS colour tbh. I don't like any of them enough to fork out £6,500 for it.

The one I am considering is Gold Bronze Metallic. Possibly one of the greys that is two tone under different light, but then I would also need to see samples.

The thing that could justify paying the money is seeing my car 6-8 months earlier.

I too am still pretty much set on CR.

I have my Porsche Silverstone experience tomorrow, so will likely see some CR Taycan's. Will picture and share the photos!
Enjoy the Experience Day.

I've seen a CR GTS ST in the flesh (and sat in it) on the same day saw a CR CTT. If I lived in CA, LA, FL then perhaps but on most days in UK it just looks dull (there are plenty of CR Macans, Panameras, Boxster, 911s, Caymans & Cayennes in CR - all demonstrate the same issue I have with the colour, it's just not Guards Red or a bright popping red that you'd see on an Audi.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Enjoy the Experience Day.

I've seen a CR GTS ST in the flesh (and sat in it) on the same day saw a CR CTT. If I lived in CA, LA, FL then perhaps but on most days in UK it just looks dull (there are plenty of CR Macans, Panameras, Boxster, 911s, Caymans & Cayennes in CR - all demonstrate the same issue I have with the colour, it's just not Guards Red or a bright popping red that you'd see on an Audi.
Yes this is the thing that is slightly questioning my choice. I need to see more in the flesh. Hopefully there will be CR Taycan's tomorrow. Have been thinking a gloss PPF could enhance the pop even on overcast days.

Organising with my dealer to come see him as they have a CR ST in stock.

If not CR then I don't think I'd be happy unless it's PTS, and that is only £4,500 more than CR (yes, that is still a disgusting sum of money).

At that point, Gold Bronze Metallic, or @TAYC4N will have a Grigio Telesto ST brother somewhere in the UK.

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Curious if a PTS Porsche would resell at a better price due to its rarity and help justify the cost?
I asked my dealer this same question a few months ago when I was considering it... he reckoned 'no', PTS wouldn't significantly enhance resale value over the regular colours and I would lose most of the extra cash.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I asked my dealer this same question a few months ago when I was considering it... he reckoned 'no', PTS wouldn't significantly enhance resale value over the regular colours and I would lose most of the extra cash.
Of course thats true if it was Ruby Star or Gulf Orange as it would limit the market but for a nice shade of green or grey it wouldnt.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Of course thats true if it was Ruby Star or Gulf Orange as it would limit the market but for a nice shade of green or grey it wouldnt.
I agree that anything on the greyscale from 100% white to 100% black is a safe bet, but greens are typically not popular on cars, and I don't think that military camouflage greens are going to be many people's idea of a desirable colour on a car.

SS64

First Name
Subodh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc E350d
Country flag
I agree that anything on the greyscale from 100% white to 100% black is a safe bet, but greens are typically not popular on cars, and I don't think that military camouflage greens are going to be many people's idea of a desirable colour on a car.
Hi

can I ask what is PTS!! Apologies for the ignorance. Newbie

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Hi

can I ask what is PTS!! Apologies for the ignorance. Newbie
Paint To Sample - on the configurator there is an option (around £6.2K) to choose from an extended range of published exterior colours. you can see a poor representation of these colours on the confuserator

Then there is PTS+ where for around £12K you can ask them to run a feasibility on any colour you can show them - I think the the feasibility costs around 6K of the 12K - not sure if you get any money back if not feasible - don't think so...... perhaps they will offer as close a match as they can technically apply

Any PTS+ paint has to pass their tests for durability/application etc - and some colours (like a top Lambo colour) - may be off limits.

cheers

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
In the Porsche world (especially on the 911s) greens have always been desirable - the more olive the better

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
In the Porsche world (especially on the 911s) greens have always been desirable - the more olive the better
I defer to your knowledge- I've just scanned the Approved Used listings, and to my surprise, it looks like around half of all vehicles (of all models) that are green are in Aventurine Green, which I would put in the military camo category. That's around 1.5% of all the vehicles on sale, which is a lot more than I'd have guessed (though not much more that the yellows or the oranges).

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I defer to your knowledge- I've just scanned the Approved Used listings, and to my surprise, it looks like around half of all vehicles that are green are in Aventurine Green, which I would put in the military camo category. That's around 1.5% of all the vehicles on sale, which is a lot more than I'd have guessed (though not much more that the yellows or the oranges).
Aventurine isn't that popular...that's why they're for sale. Looks disappointing in the metal but nowhere near militarian.

xahhax

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
I am selling my 997. I is in (relatively) rare GT silver and that is attractive to buyers...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
GT Silver was also a standard cost option on Boxsters and 911s at one point rather than PTS only.

My 2012 Boxster S is GT Silver and wasn't PTS (owned since new).

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
This is exactly why I’d choose Carmine Red - in my opinion it’s a more classy red, more suitable for an upmarket car, rather than (to my mind) a cheap bright red that you see on other cars. It’s also the GTS colour!

However, we all like different things and there is no right or wrong answer.

I agree that in general PTS cars will be worth slightly more than other similarly spec‘d cars, but you won’t get back your full costs on resale. Weird colours probably less so.
Sponsored

Last edited: