W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is exactly why I’d choose Carmine Red - in my opinion it’s a more classy red, more suitable for an upmarket car, rather than (to my mind) a cheap bright red that you see on other cars. It’s also the GTS colour!

However, we all like different things and there is no right or wrong answer.

I agree that in general PTS cars will be worth slightly more than other similarly spec‘d cars, but you won’t get back your full costs on resale. Weird colours probably less so.
Sorry to be a pedant but actually the original 1964 GTS (904 - €1.9m) was not Carmine Red (Signal Red) and in fact Carmine Red first appeared from 2012 onwards (911) as the chronology confirms.

Models and Years:​
911:2012,2016-2021​
Boxster:2014-2016​
718 Boxster:2017-2021​
Cayenne:2012-2018​
Cayman:2014-2016​
718 Cayman:2017-2019​
Macan:2017-2021​
Panamera:2012-2021​
Taycan:2020,2021​

Ego, Carmine Red is the marketeer's choice for persuading everyone all GTSs should be in this colour.
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Sorry to be a pedant but actually the original 1964 GTS (904 - €1.9m) was not Carmine Red (Signal Red)
I didn’t know that, thanks!

it’s certainly the ‘modern’ GTS colour!

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
am considering Rubystone red/Ruby star, but it seems it will limit the sell when it comes?
what do you guys think about the Ruby star with the blackberry / slate grey interior, i know it's bold, but love to hear your thoughts though?

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
am considering Rubystone red/Ruby star, but it seems it will limit the sell when it comes?
what do you guys think about the Ruby star on a Taycan?
This is a very personal viewpoint question....

Personally I love Rubystar - Go 4 it! ......... You will regret not being brave.......

If someone is in the market for a stand-out car when you come to sell, competition will be slim ----- or if someone wishes they had gone for a stand-out and is regretting they went 'tame' instead ... It could be that the opportunity to finally acquire a stand-out car could be tempted to jump

These people will be willing to wait for the right car, travel a long way to get it and pay slightly over the odds for the privilege ... so I think any stand-out PTS is a safe option (just my personal view)

in anycase - if I am wrong, compared to the value of the car - the difference caused by a stand-out colour could be marginal either way.

I think a greater % risk on value is with drab colours that are dull and may put people off because there will be a passed-on risk that because standard colours not too dissimilar to the drab PTS colours - why take the risk?

So in my opinion if you want PTS and if you are thinking of re-sale (and not just getting your fave colour in which case just get that whatever it is).... go loud!

Just my two penneth

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
what do you guys think about the Ruby star with the blackberry / slate grey interior, i know it's bold, but love to hear your thoughts though?
I couldn't resist firing up the configurator to check that combo out. Looks good enough to eat. Approved.

• Haha
Reactions: DGW

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I think the market for a Rubystar Taycan is somewhat limited, so while a buyer who wants that colour will definitely pay extra, finding that buyer could be an issue and it could take a while to sell.

I would expect a dealer to offer you a lower trade-in value than for some other, more mainstream, colours.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Preserve of 911 I'd say and not the Taycan - limited options for resale IMHO.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I couldn't resist firing up the configurator to check that combo out. Looks good enough to eat. Approved.
You did ask but O-H P-L-E-A-S-E N-O !!

I've seen blackberry in the flesh on a Frozen berry car - no, no and no (sorry to those who love these colours).

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is a very personal viewpoint question....

Personally I love Rubystar - Go 4 it! ......... You will regret not being brave.......

If someone is in the market for a stand-out car when you come to sell, competition will be slim ----- or if someone wishes they had gone for a stand-out and is regretting they went 'tame' instead ... It could be that the opportunity to finally acquire a stand-out car could be tempted to jump

These people will be willing to wait for the right car, travel a long way to get it and pay slightly over the odds for the privilege ... so I think any stand-out PTS is a safe option (just my personal view)

in anycase - if I am wrong, compared to the value of the car - the difference caused by a stand-out colour could be marginal either way.

I think a greater % risk on value is with drab colours that are dull and may put people off because there will be a passed-on risk that because standard colours not too dissimilar to the drab PTS colours - why take the risk?

So in my opinion if you want PTS and if you are thinking of re-sale (and not just getting your fave colour in which case just get that whatever it is).... go loud!

Just my two penneth
Thanks, well said! its indeed a very very personal subjective thing, I've always been into the Rubystone Red 964 RS, just a bit of doubting the blackberry/slate grey interior combo, but that's probably the closest to the 964 RS interior.

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You did ask but O-H P-L-E-A-S-E N-O !!

I've seen blackberry in the flesh on a Frozen berry car - no, no and no (sorry to those who love these colours).
no i wouldn't want the full blackberry interior, way too much, but the blackberry and slate grey has a nice mixture but still doubting and I don't really want to go for a full black or light interior with the rubystar body color.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Thanks, well said! its indeed a very very personal subjective thing, I've always been into the Rubystone Red 964 RS, just a bit of doubting the blackberry/slate grey interior combo, but that's probably the closest to the 964 RS interior.
Shame they don't do a Burnt Orange leather or Powder Blue! ........ or is that a step too far? .... ;)

Agree with Winge's suggestion to consider cutting the blackberry with grey - also if you ain't done so - have a look at B/G samples at OPC - Blackberry and the Grey are much more muted in the flesh.

cheers

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I think the market for a Rubystar Taycan is somewhat limited, so while a buyer who wants that colour will definitely pay extra, finding that buyer could be an issue and it could take a while to sell.

I would expect a dealer to offer you a lower trade-in value than for some other, more mainstream, colours.
Yep, that's really the core of it for me as well. You either spend the time yourself to find the right buyer and might be able to add a significant amount to the resale price, or you dump it on the dealer to do so, and effectively pay them for their time to do so.

Honestly, the thought of trying to manage a private sale for a car that valuable just sounds like a such a chore

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Shame they don't do a Burnt Orange leather or Powder Blue! ........ or is that a step too far? .... ;)

Agree with Winge's suggestion to consider cutting the blackberry with grey - also if you ain't done so - have a look at B/G samples at OPC - Blackberry and the Grey are much more muted in the flesh.

cheers
i found some posts with B/SG in flesh in the forum
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/paint-to-sample-taycan-club.9037/page-3
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/bramble-slate-grey-interior.4479/

else i am thinking about Black/Chalk combo, but didn't want the light interior as mentioned..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
Resale value never factors into my decision process when buying a car. I always get my cars pecial ordered and usually order special paints. For my Taycan GTS ST I also have a PTS selected. I just like unique paints that you dont see on the road on a daily basis. Nothing more boring than a regular grey or silver car.
Sponsored