Are you going to or have you ordered a CT 4 or CT 4S?

Which Cross Turismo have or do you have plan on purchasing?

• Total voters

RobQ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 911, Tycan CT
Country flag
I ordered the 4, traded in a 991.2 Carrera which does (with sport plus) 4,1 seconds if you use launch control.....had it for 3 years and when I traded it in they could read out that I never did a launch, and he was right I never did. So why spend 18k for something I apparently never use. So I decided to spent the 18k on a number of options I can enjoy every day.
Sponsored

ET34

First Name
Eirik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini Cooper S Conv. + soon a CT ?
Country flag
Anyone seen a test or review of the 4 CT and 4s side by side? My dealer told me that Porsche colleagues of him had driven both the 4 and the 4S version, and they didn't think the performance difference was that significant. Maybe because the 4 and 4S have the exact same twin motor setup, just that the 4 is "chocked" with how much current that can be delivered to the motors.

It would have been good to have an unbiased/independent review comparing the CT 4 and 4S. Currently I've spec'ed a CT 4 at £106k / $150k (incl £33k / $47k of options + winter tyres), but going for a 4S will add an additional £15k/ $21k on top of that.....

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Anyone seen a test or review of the 4 CT and 4s side by side? My dealer told me that Porsche colleagues of him had driven both the 4 and the 4S version, and they didn't think the performance difference was that significant. Maybe because the 4 and 4S have the exact same twin motor setup, just that the 4 is "chocked" with how much current that can be delivered to the motors.

It would have been good to have an unbiased/independent review comparing the CT 4 and 4S. Currently I've spec'ed a CT 4 at £106k / $150k (incl £33k / $47k of options + winter tyres), but going for a 4S will add an additional £15k/ $21k on top of that.....
I really would like to get an answer to this questio.

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
there are very very few ct4s allocations in the US. When my dealer scanned nationwide last week there were 3 for 2021 vs 84 for the CT4. It is doubtful that you’ll find a CT4s until Jan or Feb. Not being willing to wait and having watched all the CT4 reviews I decided it wasn’t worth it for the extra 1 second 0-60. Noticeable how there have been no test drives from anyone in the CT4s.

norwbjorn

First Name
Bjørn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo (oct), Merc All-Terrain, BMW
Country flag

ET34, i v ordered a CT 4 as well, have you got a est. deliverydate?

CT4Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
there are very very few ct4s allocations in the US. When my dealer scanned nationwide last week there were 3 for 2021 vs 84 for the CT4. It is doubtful that you’ll find a CT4s until Jan or Feb. Not being willing to wait and having watched all the CT4 reviews I decided it wasn’t worth it for the extra 1 second 0-60. Noticeable how there have been no test drives from anyone in the CT4s.
I got a CT4S allocation from San Diego, delivery was 8/06 now pushed to 8/20

ET34

First Name
Eirik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini Cooper S Conv. + soon a CT ?
Country flag
ET34, i v ordered a CT 4 as well, have you got a est. deliverydate?
Hi norwbjorn, I havn't ordered yet. I want to test the CT before ordering. I got to test drive a Taycan RWD a few weeks ago, and it was a very pleasant experience! The drawback with the Taycan was 1) Too low to sit into / get out of for us, I think and 2) Not enough ground clearance to manage the challenging part of the gravel road to our summer house. We hope the CT will be a versatile multipurpose driving machine that also manage these two additional requirements (ground clearance and allroad capabilities).

Spoke with the dealer yesterday, and he hoped to have a CT to test drive in a few weeks. Looking forward to that! According the the dealer, it should be possible to make an order after I've tested the CT, but still have it delivered before end of the year.

Tornadosailor

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, 997/1, Fiat500E
Country flag
CT 4
tested base and 4S, Base giving enough power. Like the CT design and extra space, height and 4 WD. Will get my volcanogrey/truffle end July, all going well

norwbjorn

First Name
Bjørn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo (oct), Merc All-Terrain, BMW
Country flag
Hi norwbjorn, I havn't ordered yet. I want to test the CT before ordering. I got to test drive a Taycan RWD a few weeks ago, and it was a very pleasant experience! The drawback with the Taycan was 1) Too low to sit into / get out of for us, I think and 2) Not enough ground clearance to manage the challenging part of the gravel road to our summer house. We hope the CT will be a versatile multipurpose driving machine that also manage these two additional requirements (ground clearance and allroad capabilities).

Spoke with the dealer yesterday, and he hoped to have a CT to test drive in a few weeks. Looking forward to that! According the the dealer, it should be possible to make an order after I've tested the CT, but still have it delivered before end of the year.
I had the same thoughts about ride height even if my summer house got paved road to the door, I got an october production, nov. delivery ( i hope). Worried about the VAT, will be en extra NOK 100 000 - 150 000 in 2022, the dealer will not pick up that bill. Maybe you can reserve a slot ? I can cancel my order after i have tried/checked the CT

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
In addition to answering the polling question please post reasons why.
I have ordered the CT4 with a lot of options. Price difference is to big for the difference in driving. i prefer a lot of options internally to be comfortable for a ride. Expecting august 2 nd.

kev0927

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I have ordered CT4 optioned well enough - I keep getting tempted by CT4S but feedback from this thread has kept me at bay.

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
CT4, because spent the price difference (20 keur in Finland) on more extras (total 141 keur with the car).

TCT

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E350, Taycan CT4 Mamba green
Country flag
CT4 in Mamba green. The "legal" usable power difference on the road with the S or Turbo is too much money vs. properly accessorizing in my view.

Reactions: B61

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
CT4S for me. I know I will have buyer’s remorse if I don’t. Been there, done that.
Sponsored