Are you Missing Your Missing Electric Steering Column?

75Chainslipr

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Macan, Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 4S was delivered on August 3, 2021 without the optioned electric steering column. The dealer has not provided any information relating to when the missing equipment will be installed. I am curious to learn whether anyone had the steering column retrofitted or received an ETA for the installation? Also, if you had the electric steering column installed, were there any issues?
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Took delivery 9/27. Missing powered steering, phone charger, and 2nd key. No estimate for when the parts will arrive.

Someone else said their dealer ordered their second key and that it came shortly after.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I've got the motor for it and can manually manipulate the wheel but it doesn't work with comfort entry.

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
Late August delivery and still waiting for the steering column fix and the 2nd key...

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
July 1st deliver, came with manual steering column. No ETA on the retrofit.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Are some model 22's missing the electric steering too? Curious as at least one user reported no 'campaigns' on his 2022 CT that he is receiving any day now if not already (i.e. his build appears to be complete).

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Are some model 22's missing the electric steering too? Curious as at least one user reported no 'campaigns' on his 2022 CT that he is receiving any day now if not already (i.e. his build appears to be complete).
When I plug my VIN into the website to check recalls, it comes up as no-recalls as well, but my car is clearly missing the electric column. When I talked to my dealer about it, they said they were aware of the need to retrofit the column, and would let me know when the parts came in.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
When I plug my VIN into the website to check recalls, it comes up as no-recalls as well, but my car is clearly missing the electric column. When I talked to my dealer about it, they said they were aware of the need to retrofit the column, and would let me know when the parts came in.
Good point - need to revisit that thread when he actually receives the car to confirm it really is delivered as a complete build.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Not installed in mine either, won’t ever use it now i have set up the driving position and no one else will drive it

ffm_dude

First Name
Sasa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
My 22 built came complete with electric steering and two keys. I am in Germany though

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I have my VIN and waiting for my car now. Which website did you plug in to check this?

OP
OP
75Chainslipr

75Chainslipr

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Macan, Taycan 4S
Country flag
The situation is very strange. Nobody from Porsche disclosed to me that the steering column was missing, not even the dealer. I discovered it at delivery because of the information that I learned on this forum. I believe someone at Porsche should be communicating with impacted owners to explain the situation and keep us informed on the efforts to correct the issue.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
The situation is very strange. Nobody from Porsche disclosed to me that the steering column was missing, not even the dealer. I discovered it at delivery because of the information that I learned on this forum. I believe someone at Porsche should be communicating with impacted owners to explain the situation and keep us informed on the efforts to correct the issue.
I had the same experience. Nothing was mentioned to me about the missing column when I picked up the car. It wasn't until afterwards, when I contacted them after reading about it here, that they did some "checking" and acknowledged that is was missing.
Sponsored