Arrghhh..... PEC UK - guests not allowed to drive?

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Hi folks

I have just been offered a cancellation at PEC. I was hoping to take my son as a guest having seen some people mention you guest could be allowed to drive. But in the invitation the following is stipulated .....

""Please note spectating guests are unable to accompany you in car due to insurance purposes and children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times. In addition, we do not need to know the names of spectating guests"".

Please could someone confirm is this a new restriction? what is their experience on the day?

Many thanks
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi folks

I have just been offered a cancellation at PEC. I was hoping to take my son as a guest having seen some people mention you guest could be allowed to drive. But in the invitation the following is stipulated .....

""Please note spectating guests are unable to accompany you in car due to insurance purposes and children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times. In addition, we do not need to know the names of spectating guests"".

Please could someone confirm is this a new restriction? what is their experience on the day?

Many thanks
Guests are allowed but in order to drive they must be of a certain minimum age. Your guest will be taken separately by your instructor (normally).

Phone them to clarify.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
That is the same as it was for me.

I drove the car with the instructor after lunch whilst my son watched then my son drove the car with the instructor after tea whilst I watched.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Guests are allowed but in order to drive they must be of a certain minimum age. Your guest will be taken separately by your instructor (normally).

Phone them to clarify.
Thanks guys - much appreciated - did you get the above blocking clause in your invite (would you mind checking)? - or is it new?

I will call them - just want to be for-armed

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks guys - much appreciated - did you get the above blocking clause in your invite (would you mind checking)? - or is it new?

I will call them - just want to be for-armed
I've not used my Taycan one yet (been several times before) but doubt anything has changed unless it is a new cost cutting measure which would be disappointing.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Ahhh..... all sorted - not allowed to accompany in car means as a passenger - but they are allowed to drive! sorry for asking an unnecessary Q

cheers

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Yes, just to clarify for anyone who finds your thread:

• The guest is not allowed to accompany you in the car; nor you if they are driving the car.
  • The guest is allowed to drive the car if they have a license. It is up to you both to decide how much time each person gets.
  • In general, the instructors probably get p*ssed off with this, because it is about showing you, the buyer, your car and what it can do... So you spend more on options.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag

• The guest is not allowed to accompany you in the car; nor you if they are driving the car.
  • The guest is allowed to drive the car if they have a license. It is up to you both to decide how much time each person gets.
  • In general, the instructors probably get p*ssed off with this, because it is about showing you, the buyer, your car and what it can do... So you spend more on options.
I don't think the PEC will be able to influence my specification. According to my OPC's last estimate (a month ago), my CT-T is scheduled to be 'production complete' the day after tomorrow. Just 4 days before my PEC next Tuesday. (not holding my breath though)

I had to cancel PEC twice - until today, my PEC was scheduled for mid-December. Got Lucky!

cheers

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
PEC is intended to be used long before you lock your car spec so that you can try some features but normally it never works out that way or we forget to book it ahead of time.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
PEC is intended to be used long before you lock your car spec so that you can try some features but normally it never works out that way or we forget to book it ahead of time.
I was also hoping to drive a Taycan with and without PDCC, but that was not an option because of availability.

Thus is was simply a fun half day doing something I've never done before: driving on a track and trying not be that person that crashed.

I succeeded.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I think this used to be the case but it doesn’t seem to be now. My PEC invite came through shortly before my car was delivered. I think policy changed a while ago although it does seem to vary with different forum members. I wonder if the dealerships (who pay for it) have some say in when the session is released to you.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think this used to be the case but it doesn’t seem to be now. My PEC invite came through shortly before my car was delivered. I think policy changed a while ago although it does seem to vary with different forum members. I wonder if the dealerships (who pay for it) have some say in when the session is released to you.
Actually you can phone them as soon as you've paid your deposit - no need to wait for an invite.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
About a month before my lock date I still hadn't received the invite so contacted my SA at Reading who gave the confirmation code and suggested I call Silverstone. No slots available until December but when I said I wanted to do it before my lock date they found me a cancellation 2 days away which I took.
Great morning, glad I didn't share the driving as I felt the time on the track followed by the kick plate and ice hill after coffee break was really useful.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Actually you can phone them as soon as you've paid your deposit - no need to wait for an invite.
You can… but that doesn’t mean they will let you book a session. I can book my session for the 4S I had delivered in January but despite the fact they could see that I have another car on order (and the spec is locked) they told me I could not book a session based on this order until I have an email inviting me. Based on the various posts of others I can’t help wondering if the dealer you buy from has some influence in this because my experience doesn’t quite fit with that of others - presumably including yours

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag

The instructors will demonstrate feature you ask for, but this is not how they act or behave. They are there for you, to make the day what you want it to be and they will tailor it to be what you want. They’re not pushy and seemed to me, just to genuinely want to help.
Sponsored