Arrghhh..... PEC UK - guests not allowed to drive?

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
About a month before my lock date I still hadn't received the invite so contacted my SA at Reading who gave the confirmation code and suggested I call Silverstone. No slots available until December but when I said I wanted to do it before my lock date they found me a cancellation 2 days away which I took.
Great morning, glad I didn't share the driving as I felt the time on the track followed by the kick plate and ice hill after coffee break was really useful.
Cheers Simon - are the handling circuit, ice hill and kick plate the top 3 you would recommend? - I must admit those, plus perhaps the lo-grip, were the ones that appealed to me.

Flattening my paunch with launch control is less attractive to me.

Mind, although its not designed for it - my PEC is in a Cross Turismo - so I would love a stab at the off-road circuit if only it was permitted ;)
Sponsored

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Cheers Simon - are the handling circuit, ice hill and kick plate the top 3 you would recommend? - I must admit those, plus perhaps the lo-grip, were the ones that appealed to me.

Flattening my paunch with launch control is less attractive to me.

Mind, although its not designed for it - my PEC is in a Cross Turismo - so I would love a stab at the off-road circuit if only it was permitted ;)
I was guided by my instructor Mark....
We started on the newer handling circuit building up speed and technique getting smoother in and out of corners particularly on the downhill sections into tight bends
Then into centre of circuit on the two straights. Practicing launch starts and emergency stops and steering while emergency stopping. All Porsche cars will do 60 to 0 in half the 0 to 60 time.
A few circuits on the figure of 8 area and tight turns then back in for...
Quick coffee and comfort stop 10 mins max then back in the car and off to the kick pad progressively taking off all the assist systems until Sport + with no traction control
Final practice was on the ice hill.

You can also opt to go out onto the main roads around Silverstone if you want to drive on live highways.
The car they put me in was remarkably close to my 4S CT order, same colour, same interior, 20" wheels. Just no HUD.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I was guided by my instructor Mark....
We started on the newer handling circuit building up speed and technique getting smoother in and out of corners particularly on the downhill sections into tight bends
Then into centre of circuit on the two straights. Practicing launch starts and emergency stops and steering while emergency stopping. All Porsche cars will do 60 to 0 in half the 0 to 60 time.
A few circuits on the figure of 8 area and tight turns then back in for...
Quick coffee and comfort stop 10 mins max then back in the car and off to the kick pad progressively taking off all the assist systems until Sport + with no traction control
Final practice was on the ice hill.

You can also opt to go out onto the main roads around Silverstone if you want to drive on live highways.
The car they put me in was remarkably close to my 4S CT order, same colour, same interior, 20" wheels. Just no HUD.
Thanks Simon - that paints a picture!! salivating already.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You can… but that doesn’t mean they will let you book a session. I can book my session for the 4S I had delivered in January but despite the fact they could see that I have another car on order (and the spec is locked) they told me I could not book a session based on this order until I have an email inviting me. Based on the various posts of others I can’t help wondering if the dealer you buy from has some influence in this because my experience doesn’t quite fit with that of others - presumably including yours
I never had an invite for my current Taycan (now 2 years old) - I had to ask for it this year, and not heard a dickie bird for the one I ordered last year.and.not yet had an allocation for the car (I can use the PEC however) - classic Porsche broken communication and been that way in my experience since 2003.

Pretty sure this is nothing to do with the dealer per se as long as they've processed your order for a car in the first place and so Porsche UK come into the line of fire.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Pretty sure this is nothing to do with the dealer per se as long as they've processed your order for a car in the first place and so Porsche UK come into the line of fire.
That's the impression I got from my dealings with PEC- they invited me in Feb'22 for a 4S I'd ordered in Nov that had an end of March build slot, but I asked them to change it to my preferred Turbo that had a May build slot. They were happy to do that as they could see all 3 of my orders on their system (the 4S that triggered the invite plus- from a different dealer- the Turbo ordered Nov'21 and a 4S ordered Oct'21 estimated allocation in Q4'22). It seemed like they were otherwise working in order of scheduled freeze dates.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’ve had my car a few months and not even got my PEC invite yet…. Although got my lump of coal paperweight through!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I’ve had my car a few months and not even got my PEC invite yet…. Although got my lump of coal paperweight through!
I asked SA to chase it before delivery and nothing happened. I phoned silverstone after my car had been delivered and i was in their system and let me book in. I suspect emails don't get sent out properly or something like that.

It's kind of fun, but I wasn't blown away. I certainly wouldn't bother coming from the North of England to go. Maybe depends on the instructor you get.
Sponsored