First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Hi,

Is there a way to set an arrival state of charge for a route? The route planner on the app always seems to want me to charge up on the way for 3 or 4 minutes and arrive at destination with 15% or similar in the tank.

I can't see anywhere to set a higher arrival SOC on the app. Is there somewhere is the PCM to do it?

Ta.
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Hi,

Is there a way to set an arrival state of charge for a route? The route planner on the app always seems to want me to charge up on the way for 3 or 4 minutes and arrive at destination with 15% or similar in the tank.

I can't see anywhere to set a higher arrival SOC on the app. Is there somewhere is the PCM to do it?

Ta.

Starts at 1:30.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Starts at 1:30.
Thanks.

Just checked in the car and had it set to 44%. App route planner for a journey i just put in has me set to arrive at 15% after charging nearby for 2 minutes. I guess the app route planner and PCM charging planner don't talk to each.

Maybe the PCM charging planner will alter the charging time or location once it has received the route from the app. Will have a look when i next use it. Seems pretty daft though.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Thanks.

Just checked in the car and have it set to 44%. App route planner for a journey i just put in has me set to arrive at 15% after charging nearby for 2 minutes. I guess the app route planner and PCM charging planner don't talk to each.

Maybe the PCM charging planner will alter the charging time or location once it has received the route from the app. Will have a look when i next use it. Seems pretty daft though.
Bizarre, works for me and annoyingly so because it chooses the non EA chargers even though it's right next to the EA chargers.

The only other suggestion I have for you is to restart the PCM.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bizarre, works for me and annoyingly so because it chooses the non EA chargers even though it's right next to the EA chargers.

The only other suggestion I have for you is to restart the PCM.
Hmm. App won’t even let me send the destination to the car now! I understand there has been some app update release with glitches that may account for that.
But the Arrival SOC thing wasn’t doing what I’d want before either. Ho-hum.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks.

Just checked in the car and had it set to 44%. App route planner for a journey i just put in has me set to arrive at 15% after charging nearby for 2 minutes. I guess the app route planner and PCM charging planner don't talk to each.

They do.

Set your minimum charge in the PCM for arrival. The app will default to the state of charge from the last time the car was driven (or sat at idle). If you plan a route from the app and send the destination to the car then the car will recalculate the route and charging stopovers should this be necessary based on your minimum setting. The app also allows you to override the current state of charge and use a different value should you plan on charging prior to commencing your journey.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They do.

Set your minimum charge in the PCM for arrival. The app will default to the state of charge from the last time the car was driven (or sat at idle). If you plan a route from the app and send the destination to the car then the car will recalculate the route and charging stopovers should this be necessary based on your minimum setting. The app also allows you to override the current state of charge and use a different value should you plan on charging prior to commencing your journey.
Thanks. Yes I found the ‘target charge’slider for your starting soc. their terminology is awful / counter intuitive in a lot of cases, especially those involving charging!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hmm. App won’t even let me send the destination to the car now! I understand there has been some app update release with glitches that may account for that.
But the Arrival SOC thing wasn’t doing what I’d want before either. Ho-hum.
App has been working fine since uPdate (if you have had this applied). The recent app updates are entirely separate and likely won't be relevant to your current issue(s).

If your car doesn't have good LTE connectivity then sending destinations and receiving may be problematic. In my experience the destination will be sent successfully even if your car is 'offline' e.g. in an underground carpark. Once the car has connectivity the destination should be received and a notification displayed in the PCM. I had great success with this on Sunday - travelling to St Andrews for a few days and added a few stopovers - car was offline and when I surfaced the route and stopovers were received.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
App has been working fine since uPdate (if you have had this applied). The recent app updates are entirely separate and likely won't be relevant to your current issue(s).

If your car doesn't have good LTE connectivity then sending destinations and receiving may be problematic. In my experience the destination will be sent successfully even if your car is 'offline' e.g. in an underground carpark. Once the car has connectivity the destination should be received and a notification displayed in the PCM. I had great success with this on Sunday - travelling to St Andrews for a few days and added a few stopovers - car was offline and when I surfaced the route and stopovers were received.
Have very good LTE here and never had a problem connecting from my sofa to the car before!

Just tried again, it flashes up :
PORSCHE CHARGING PLANNER
Route could not be sent to the vehicle

Then App shuts down!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have very good LTE here and never had a problem connecting from my sofa to the car before!

Just tried again, it flashes up :
PORSCHE CHARGING PLANNER
Route could not be sent to the vehicle

Then App shuts down!
Apple?