ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not your typical review. Starting out with Safety then Warranty then Reliability and more.

2020 Porsche Taycan vs. 2019 Tesla Model S
Detailed Review, Specifications & Comparison
https://www.asburyauto.com/compare/2020-porsche-taycan-vs-2019-tesla-model-s/183593

Reliability
From surveys of all its subscribers, Consumer Reports’ December 2019 Auto Issue reports that Porsche vehicles are more reliable than Tesla vehicles. Consumer Reports ranks Porsche fourth in reliability. Tesla is ranked 23rd.

Review source: © 1999 - 2019 Advanta-STAR Automotive Research.
Sponsored

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Not your typical review. Starting out with Safety then Warranty then Reliability and more.

2020 Porsche Taycan vs. 2019 Tesla Model S
Detailed Review, Specifications & Comparison
https://www.asburyauto.com/compare/2020-porsche-taycan-vs-2019-tesla-model-s/183593

Reliability
From surveys of all its subscribers, Consumer Reports’ December 2019 Auto Issue reports that Porsche vehicles are more reliable than Tesla vehicles. Consumer Reports ranks Porsche fourth in reliability. Tesla is ranked 23rd.

Review source: © 1999 - 2019 Advanta-STAR Automotive Research.
Quite a lot of this comparison is wrong or misleading in relation to the Model S e.g:

The Model S does have adaptive suspension on the latest models.
The Model S does have an easy entry mechanism.
Mine has venitlated seats.
The Model S has an 8 year 100,000 mile drivetrain/battery warranty.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Quite a lot of this comparison is wrong or misleading in relation to the Model S e.g:

The Model S does have adaptive suspension on the latest models.
The Model S does have an easy entry mechanism.
Mine has venitlated seats.
The Model S has an 8 year 100,000 mile drivetrain/battery warranty.
I'm a visual guy, one looks very nice but also very vanilla the other looks like .. well a Porsche. Nothing wrong with either of them I just think the reality is it's mostly 2 different kinds of customer bases with different needs vs wants. I am giving up range in my opinion for a first class seat.
The S was suppose to get a facelift that was canceled and I think that was a huge mistake, my Tesla owner friends couldn't stop talking about the upcoming refresh of the S and then it vanished. They were disappointed.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm a visual guy, one looks very nice but also very vanilla the other looks like .. well a Porsche. Nothing wrong with either of them I just think the reality is it's mostly 2 different kinds of customer bases with different needs vs wants. I am giving up range in my opinion for a first class seat.
The S was suppose to get a facelift that was canceled and I think that was a huge mistake, my Tesla owner friends couldn't stop talking about the upcoming refresh of the S and then it vanished. They were disappointed.
the model S refresh will happen this year, based on the prototypes at the Nurburgring. Elon claimed “summer”

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Personally I think the S should learn from Porsche about proportions

I feel proportions are a major part in making a car attractive - and one of the biggest problems with - say, the Polestar 2, which looks like a sedan-suv crossover, at almost 1.5m tall.

I would like to see the next Model S at below 1.4m tall - I really think it would give Tesla a fighting chance to make a really good looking car

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I think the S was fresh when it was introduced. Then it has become stayed..... a refresh really needs to be more of a rethink...... and one could easily argue it’s time, and they should now have the cash to do it....... but we are here for our beautiful Taycan. Which just needs to get into our hands. :)

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Besides both being EVs, I don't see that much in common to even think about doing a review. I guess there are some people whose top three criteria are EV, EV and EV, so these types of reviews are useful.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought that was for the "plaid" version - a track version of the S. I didn't think that that was for a full refresh.
based on what we saw at Nurburgring and what Elon has publicly claimed, the plaid model S appears a full and substantial refresh. Completely new power train, new body styling, new aero, new battery pack (like from model 3). it’s not just a little trim and some new tires. Now whether or not the 3 motor variant ships in 2020 as promised is anyone‘s guess.

also, literally Plaid refers to the new power train that supports 3 motors and will be shared with the S, an X refresh, and the roadster.
Sponsored