Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a 2021MY turbo arriving with InnoDrive next month (spec is locked). My dealer told me that Lane Change Assist was a part of InnoDrive but I find that he is sadly wrong. Is LCA going to be a FoD option? I imagine since the car does not have the lights in the wing mirror glass that it is a sad No.

thank you in advance
Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 2021MY turbo arriving with InnoDrive next month (spec is locked). My dealer told me that Lane Change Assist was a part of InnoDrive but I find that he is sadly wrong. Is LCA going to be a FoD option? I imagine since the car does not have the lights in the wing mirror glass that it is a sad No.

thank you in advance
It does seem that LCA will not be addable via FoD. I looked in my Porsche Portal for USA FoD and see only:
  • Active Lane Keeping
  • Porsche InnoDrive
  • Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
  • Porsche Charging Service
Note it's interesting that Active Lane Keeping and innoDrive are separate in FoD, however are bundled as part of InnoDrive when purchased during configuration. Also they prereq Adaptive Cruise Control.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Yeah, I didn't care for the 3D park, but did want surround parking cameras and lane change assist and bizarrely choosing the 3D park option was a few hundred euro cheaper then picking the options individually.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
One option to enquire about is retrofitting. This company based in northern Germany do a lot of options retrofitting for Porsches:

https://www.kufatec.com/en/porsche/taycan/taycan-y1a/

They don't have LCA mentioned for Taycan but do for Panamera and other models. It can't harm to make an enquiry.

I didn't have LCA on my Panamera and probably would have gone to them for retrofit if it wasn't for coronovirus lockdowns. In the meantime, I decided to trade-in for a Taycan and was determined to make sure I understood the various LCA options before buying!

Been there before.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@tigerbalm
im confused.......is Lane Change Assist what is needed to work in tandem with Innodrive for autopilot function or is that Lane Keep Assist?
I was thinking LCA was only the warning when you put the blinkers on to change lanes

One option to enquire about is retrofitting. This company based in northern Germany do a lot of options retrofitting for Porsches:

https://www.kufatec.com/en/porsche/taycan/taycan-y1a/

They don't have LCA mentioned for Taycan but do for Panamera and other models. It can't harm to make an enquiry.

I didn't have LCA on my Panamera and probably would have gone to them for retrofit if it wasn't for coronovirus lockdowns. In the meantime, I decided to trade-in for a Taycan and was determined to make sure I understood the various LCA options before buying!

Been there before.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
@tigerbalm
im confused.......is Lane Change Assist what is needed to work in tandem with Innodrive for autopilot function or is that Lane Keep Assist?
I was thinking LCA was only the warning when you put the blinkers on to change lanes
Lane Change Assist warns you of traffic (objects) on your sides - bicycles to trucks.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Lane Change Assist warns you of traffic (objects) on your sides - bicycles to trucks.
Ive got it on a Bentley Continental and i find it very distracting, so when i was building my Taycan Turbo i i made sure I didn’t add it

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
This may have been covered in this thread, but I didn't see it in the DBC thread. My car is one of the more recent builds, a Turbo S delivered to the US on Sept 6. Can you please tell us what Porsche is doing about this problem?

OK, I'm now part of the DBC (Dead Battery Club).

I was working on the car installing the iPad screen protectors, and I had the radio on during this time. The car shut off after about 15 min, so I turned the radio back on - a total of about 30-45 min time was spent with the 'accessories on'. I completed my work, pulled the car back out of the garage and put it back in. Everything was fine, and I plugged the charger in with my 'Home' profile. Charging was fine, and I went to bed.

Next morning the car was dead. I performed the fuse box charge to get the key fob to open the trunk, then charged the battery. I noticed on my connect app that the charge was 100% and it was now set to 'direct charge'. I took the car into the dealer at lunchtime, and they were extremely responsive, checked the car out and found nothing wrong.

The explanation I got was that the battery contacts will 'open' if the battery voltage exceeds 16V or is below 10V, and the car then has no source of electricity. They said that you should not run the car on accessories for more than 15 minutes. I asked them how I was able to pull the car out of the garage and back in, along with setting up the charging, and they didn't have a good answer. I also told them that they need to tell every single person who buys this car about this problem if in fact you cannot run the accessories for more than 15 minutes. Anyone who owns a car will likely do this at some point.

There is definitely a problem with the battery/software and the communications between Porsche and Taycan owners. As has been said many times in this thread, this MUST be resolved. It needs to be communicated IMMEDIATELY to any Taycan owners that this problem will occur if they operate the accessories the way they normally do with ICE cars. No excuse whatsoever not to do this immediately.

In the meantime, I've got a 12V compact LI charger in my trunk and hopefully will not have to use it. I'm still trying to figure out why I was able to operate the car afterwards if my 30-45 minutes of accessory use was the cause of the problem.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Ive got it on a Bentley Continental and i find it very distracting, so when i was building my Taycan Turbo i i made sure I didn’t add it
You can turn off Lane Change Assist in two ways. First is just deselect it on the menu. Second is drive in Sports Plus mode.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
LCA uses rearward/side looking radar to detect cars in your blind spots. That equipment come as part of the LCA option, it can't be added later.

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
They said that you should not run the car on accessories for more than 15 minutes
I have left my car on for an hr while detailing it with no battery issues. Stayed at 13+ V. So strange.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
I have left my car on for an hr while detailing it with no battery issues. Stayed at 13+ V. So strange.
Our detailer had our Turbo S for five weeks (long story starting with wet sanding to remove orange peel) without charging or leaving the garage. Asked them to turn it on for 30 minutes every day - it never failed and has yet to fail at anything significant.

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
You can turn off Lane Change Assist in two ways. First is just deselect it on the menu. Second is drive in Sports Plus mode.
LCA is disabled in Sports Plus mode?

After I read your posting I reread the LCA section of "Good to Know" and could find no reference to LCA's being disabled in Sports Plus mode. Where did you learn this about this limitation to LCA? Clearly, if true, all drivers that have cars with LCA should be aware of this limitation.
Sponsored